ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

back to last place, or a 1/2 game out of second and the wild card spot depending on your point of view

The Pirates are never in a state of “win now”. They will be ok with faking being competitive but will never make the moves needed to be all in. People keep saying “next year “ but with baseball and Tommy john injuries galore next year ain’t promised. But keep having hope

Buccos at it again. 1 hit for Skenes. A leadoff triple by Reynolds and of course, he was stranded there. They have made Miles Mikolas look like Cy Young.

Paul Skenes single handedly has got me caring about the Pirates again.
Nutting needs to make a move at the deadline the cheap sob.

Had to look up how the playoffs are formulated now, within reach already.

Team payroll is shameful again.

I have no idea how MLB doesn't have a salary cap floor. Say 150 million and a cap at like 250.

Reactions: Pittisit4me

I have no idea how MLB doesn't have a salary cap floor. Say 150 million and a cap at like 250.
Team payroll is shameful again....If they only spent like the Mets..... team record outperforming team payroll...

All im saying is that they have a chance now with Skenes, so spend a couple bucks at the deadline.
Other than a few players the team is a lot more entertaining for sure. I dont think they are far away from contending for a playoff spot.

The only question is do you over pay now to acquire more talent (buyers in season tend to pay more to improve their play off chances) or do you wait until the offseason and load up for next year and get better value? This team is not in a position to over pay for one or two guys to increase their chances this year. But if they can acquire one or two players who will be under contract for 2-3 years without overpaying too much it would be the right thing to do.

Other than a few players the team is a lot more entertaining for sure. I dont think they are far away from contending for a playoff spot.

The only question is do you over pay now to acquire more talent (buyers in season tend to pay more to improve their play off chances) or do you wait until the offseason and load up for next year and get better value? This team is not in a position to over pay for one or two guys to increase their chances this year. But if they can acquire one or two players who will be under contract for 2-3 years without overpaying too much it would be the right thing to do.

If you do it next year, you can acquire some guys who cost more money but do not cost prospects.

... So I would expect Nutting to do it this year. Rent-a-player on a pro-rated salary or something.

All that said, there are only like 5 total teams in the MLB who aren't contenders right now. That would seem to limit the number of sellers.

You would think the greedy ass players union would be all for a cap floor. I guess owners like Nutbag especially, do not want to be told what they must spend. It is high time the sport put in a cap as well. It is the only major sport without a level playing field.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
You would think the greedy ass players union would be all for a cap floor. I guess owners like Nutbag especially, do not want to be told what they must spend. It is high time the sport put in a cap as well. It is the only major sport without a level playing field.

The union is smart enough to know that a floor doesn't come without a cap, and they want no part of that. Then add in that there are a large number of owners who have no interest at all in there being a cap of any sort, and it's just not going to happen.

Another Bucco special out of the gate tonight. Cutch a leadoff walk, Reynolds doubles into the right field corner making it 2nd and 3rd with no one out. Connor Joe, K. O'Neal Cruz, K. Ke'Brian Hayes, K, completing the trifecta. Just a sad outfit, that can't deliver when needed. I mean, 3 straight major leaguers can't even put the ball in play. SMH.

Reactions: 303vND
No Pirate hitter should ever see a fastball. I have never seen a team be so clueless in recognizing breaking pitches. They strike out continuously every night swinging at pitches 6 inches to a foot off the plate. It's absolutely maddening.

No Pirate hitter should ever see a fastball. I have never seen a team be so clueless in recognizing breaking pitches. They strike out continuously every night swinging at pitches 6 inches to a foot off the plate. It's absolutely maddening.
They miss more pitcher's mistakes than any team I've ever seen. They can get a dead red 2-0 fastball and they'll either pop it up, foul it off, or just whiff. I saw a 2-0 pitch to Cruz a couple games ago that he missed and you could hear Neil just grunt like how did you miss that?

Reactions: Pittisit4me
They miss more pitcher's mistakes than any team I've ever seen. They can get a dead red 2-0 fastball and they'll either pop it up, foul it off, or just whiff. I saw a 2-0 pitch to Cruz a couple games ago that he missed and you could hear Neil just grunt like how did you miss that?
So true. Everytime I see that happen I feel sorry for our pitchers. When one of our pitchers groove one, they don't get it back about 90% of the time. It's funny, the buccos have made very ordinary pitchers look like Sandy Koufax, Cy Young, and Steve Carlton in this series.

Agree 100%. It’s amazing how often on 2-0 count the pitcher will throw a 95 mph fastball right down the middle to a Pirate hitter and they will foul it back or pop it up.
You know they’re sitting on the fastball with a 2-0 count. They just have a lot of bad hitters.

The Buccos hitting lineup is a modern day tragedy. Evertime they get runners on, which doesn't happen often, they become strike out kings. It is absolutely disgusting to watch what are supposed to be professional hitters continually look like little leaguers. I'm actually beginning to be on Nutsack's side as I would not add to this team. This lineup is so bad, that you could pick any 5 hall of fame pitchers from the past, and they would still be a 500 team. I mean, it is automatic out after automatic out. The lineup is just too flawed to be fixed with a couple adds. Steelers training camp can not get here soon enough.

Reactions: Phillypanther2

Ha. Ha… outside 3 yiung pitchers they’re a collection of complete garbage.’ Of course. the NL, as a whole, is complete crap. Succos fit tight in.

two out of three in Colorado, a 3-3 road trip and coming home to skenes on the mound. Should target a 4-2 homestand. They are headed in the right direction. tubby telez and finally hitting in June which is helping. This is going to be a slow trend upward. dont expect to be winning 8 out of 10.

just cant hit our july swoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT