ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

Henry Davis would actually be a good trade candidate. You can still sell the fact that he isn't all that far removed from being the #1 pick overall, and you have Endy as your catcher of the future. That might be one I wouldn't mind seeing this year, as the longer you wait the less you can claim the "all he needs is a change of scenery" angle.
Agreed. Fullaballoni tweeted that a "Pirates source" mentioned Davis, Mike Burrows, and Luis Ortiz for Jazz Chisholm and Tanner Scott. There's no way the Marlins do that trade but if they actually wanted to, you do it in a heartbeat.

I’m usually on the skeptical side when it comes to the Pirates. But apparently another young pitcher Braxton Ashcraft is tearing it up in the minors. If this guy is the real deal, they could have quite the starting rotation next year.
On the flip side, Temarr Johnson is still overmatched by single A pitching - he’s hitting .215 through almost half a season.
All we hear is what a great prospect he is. But it’s definitely getting to the point that if he doesn’t start hitting better soon, everyone should have doubts.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I’m usually on the skeptical side when it comes to the Pirates. But apparently another young pitcher Braxton Ashcraft is tearing it up in the minors. If this guy is the real deal, they could have quite the starting rotation next year.
On the flip side, Temarr Johnson is still overmatched by single A pitching - he’s hitting .215 through almost half a season.
All we hear is what a great prospect he is. But it’s definitely getting to the point that if he doesn’t start hitting better soon, everyone should have doubts.

Temarr just turned 20, so I think he should still get some time to adjust... but, at the same time, I totally get it. This organization and its defenders love their "He's only 20. He's only 21. He's only 22. He's only 23. He's only 24. Etc." excuses. Until finally he's only 35, and he's submitting a job application to become the next Fort/Brault.

But I still think he'll be traded this offseason, at the latest, just because he doesn't fit the timeline. We could draft a college player in a few weeks who is two or three years older than he is. Speaking of, I watched a good bit of the College World Series this year, and there is a lefty from Florida whose swing I absolutely fell in love with. Unfortunately, I Googled him and found that I wasn't the only one who liked his swing; I don't think there is any chance he falls to us. But boy would I like to have him. Can't complain tooo much after lucking out in the Skenes sweepstakes, though.

Temarr just turned 20, so I think he should still get some time to adjust... but, at the same time, I totally get it. This organization and its defenders love their "He's only 20. He's only 21. He's only 22. He's only 23. He's only 24. Etc." excuses. Until finally he's only 35, and he's submitting a job application to become the next Fort/Brault.

But I still think he'll be traded this offseason, at the latest, just because he doesn't fit the timeline. We could draft a college player in a few weeks who is two or three years older than he is. Speaking of, I watched a good bit of the College World Series this year, and there is a lefty from Florida whose swing I absolutely fell in love with. Unfortunately, I Googled him and found that I wasn't the only one who liked his swing; I don't think there is any chance he falls to us. But boy would I like to have him. Can't complain tooo much after lucking out in the Skenes sweepstakes, though.
Agree that he’s only 20, and could certainly still turn into a great hitter. But it should worry people that have him penciled in as a sure thing.
I’m old enough to remember Chad Hermansen, a high 1st round pick of the Pirates. He was expected to be a superstar SS or CF. After he had been in the organization a short time, a Pirates scout said something along the lines of “the only thing he can’t do is walk on water.” The other thing he couldn’t do was hit 😊

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT