ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

Damn, I thought including the emoji would be enough to let even the most staunch Nutting ball washer know that saying being down 1-0 after one half inning would lead to a losing streak was a joke, but I underestimated your loyalty to Bobby.
"Nutting ball washer"???
Do tell...............

"Nutting ball washer"???
Do tell...............

bowling-ball-cleaning-wiping-the-big-lebowski-7u3zv2dgawgxg6bt.gif

Reactions: RoguePanther
šŸ¤”
Just like I thought. You have nothing, as usual.

Dude, I made a joke because they got down 1-0 in the first half(!) inning. And you chimed in with your usual overly-sensitive Pirate defense. There's really nothing to be said about that. It speaks for itself.

But hey, I'm a clown. If Bob Nutting were a clown, his name would be... Pennywise.

oYBANA.gif

Dude, I made a joke because they got down 1-0 in the first half(!) inning. And you chimed in with your usual overly-sensitive Pirate defense. There's really nothing to be said about that. It speaks for itself.

But hey, I'm a clown. If Bob Nutting were a clown, his name would be... Pennywise.

oYBANA.gif
Dude, you called me a Nutting ball washer and a huge Nutting supporter.
Back it up.
You didn't make a joke, you ARE a joke.

Reactions: mike 301
Dude, you called me a Nutting ball washer and a huge Nutting supporter.
Back it up.
You didn't make a joke, you ARE a joke.

Ah, okay then. It's funny, because I literally thought to myself when making that post, "If I don't include this emoji, FreeportPanther is going to come in here firing from the hip and thinking I was serious."

... would kind of be like me calling you a clown for rolling in with all this bravado only to watch Bednar soil the sheets again.

Ah, okay then. It's funny, because I literally thought to myself when making that post, "If I don't include this emoji, FreeportPanther is going to come in here firing from the hip and thinking I was serious."

... would kind of be like me calling you a clown for rolling in with all this bravado only to watch Bednar soil the sheets again.
Not looking to get in the middle of you and Freeportā€™s face off but have to say ā€˜Bednar soil the sheetsā€™ is putting it mildly.

Unfortunate as Bednarā€™s 9th really ruined a good 8-inning performance by the SP.

Last edited:

When you're making a sarcastic post, you use the blue font. Then there can be no doubt. Try that next time.

Yes, Bednar sucks right now. They can't keep running him out there to ruin such a nice effort by the rest of the team.

However, this game did have that feel to it, given the circus catches the Tigers were making when the Pirates tried to extend their lead.

Anyway, can't win them all. Enjoy the loss. There will be plenty more as the year unfolds. Lots more wins too, so crow while you can.

When you're making a sarcastic post, you use the blue font. Then there can be no doubt. Try that next time.

Yes, Bednar sucks right now. They can't keep running him out there to ruin such a nice effort by the rest of the team.

However, this game did have that feel to it, given the circus catches the Tigers were making when the Pirates tried to extend their lead.

Anyway, can't win them all. Enjoy the loss. There will be plenty more as the year unfolds. Lots more wins too, so crow while you can.

Sub .500 this season; playoff contention next season if cheap ass can muster up a paltry $40 - $50M on a SP and a veteran bat

Problem is losing becomes a culture. You don't want young guys like Cruz and such to go through another slow burn (or fast burn, for that matter) to irrelevancy. There is something to be said to being used to winning or losing. It's why the Steelers, in spite of their talent deficiencies, find a way to beat enough teams who are in the same talent purgatory they are every season and claw to a respectable win total.

Sub .500 this season; playoff contention next season if cheap ass can muster up a paltry $40 - $50M on a SP and a veteran bat

Problem is losing becomes a culture. You don't want young guys like Cruz and such to go through another slow burn (or fast burn, for that matter) to irrelevancy. There is something to be said to being used to winning or losing. It's why the Steelers, in spite of their talent deficiencies, find a way to beat enough teams who are in the same talent purgatory they are every season and claw to a respectable win total.
If you say so.

Not looking to get in the middle of you and Freeportā€™s face off but have to say ā€˜Bednar soul the sheetsā€™ is putting it mildly.

Unfortunate as Bednarā€™s 8th really ruined a good 8-inning performance by the SP.

Death and taxes are going to have to take a backseat to Bednar allowing at least two baserunners and Suwinski getting at least two strikes in the count. It's every time I watch either of them.

They paid a decent chunk for Chapman, and second bonafide closer. It's time to use him.
Agree. That said, that jackass Shelton continues to run out Bednar who is clearly not ready. He will probably justify the move by saying we couldn't pitch Chapman 2 days in a row despite him disposing of the 2 hitters he faced yesterday in a tidy 7 pitches!

Skenes
3.1IP
3H
0R
1BB

They certainly are slow playing his pitch counts, I assume to have an excuse for a while longer as to why he is still in the minors. He only pitched a few innings in spring training, and today was his third start of the year for Indy and it was his longest outing, yet he still only pitched 3-1/3 innings and 55 pitches.

He probably has to start at least twice more in AAA before they can even think about bringing him up, let alone actually doing it.

You people are f*cking ridiculous. It's as if you've never watched baseball before. Good players struggle at times. Great players struggle at times. Against all odds the Pirates are 10-4 right now....and Bednar got the 9th inning save....and Henry Davis was 2-3 with 2 RBI's. Chapman pitched 2/3 of an inning and walked 2 people....he must suck now....

They certainly are slow playing his pitch counts, I assume to have an excuse for a while longer as to why he is still in the minors. He only pitched a few innings in spring training, and today was his third start of the year for Indy and it was his longest outing, yet he still only pitched 3-1/3 innings and 55 pitches.

He probably has to start at least twice more in AAA before they can even think about bringing him up, let alone actually doing it.
He only pitched 122 innings at LSU last season and then like 6 more in the minors after the draft, so less than 130 innings for the year. Prior to last season the most he ever pitched was 85 innings. So, I am sure they have a ceiling in mind for his total innings this year across all levels, like maybe 175 innings or so. They don't want him to waste innings in the minors (while they wait our roster rules sure) so they would build his innings slowly in the minors and then when he is stretched out, he will be up.

It is a no-brainer to leave him down the first few weeks to get the extra year of control. The only question is if they are also going to try to wait out the Super 2 clock as well, which would take them well into June. Everything about the Pirates history suggest they will wait out the Super 2 clock, but they have done some things differently so we'll see. I still can't believe they started Jones in the majors, potentially missing out on the extra year of control for him.

Even Stephen Strasburg made like 11 AAA starts before being called up and he was the highest graded college pitcher ever drafted, even higher than Skenes. So it's not ridiculous for Skenes to make 10 starts or so and get fully stretched out in AAA before coming up. He only went 3 1/3 in his third start so he need at least 3 more starts to get up to the 6-7 inning range and he won't be called up before he can go 6-7.

broadcasting sarcasm ahead of time kind of defeats the purpose of being sarcastic...just accept it is hard to pull off in the digital world...

He only pitched 122 innings at LSU last season and then like 6 more in the minors after the draft, so less than 130 innings for the year. Prior to last season the most he ever pitched was 85 innings. So, I am sure they have a ceiling in mind for his total innings this year across all levels, like maybe 175 innings or so. They don't want him to waste innings in the minors (while they wait our roster rules sure) so they would build his innings slowly in the minors and then when he is stretched out, he will be up.

It is a no-brainer to leave him down the first few weeks to get the extra year of control. The only question is if they are also going to try to wait out the Super 2 clock as well, which would take them well into June. Everything about the Pirates history suggest they will wait out the Super 2 clock, but they have done some things differently so we'll see. I still can't believe they started Jones in the majors, potentially missing out on the extra year of control for him.

Even Stephen Strasburg made like 11 AAA starts before being called up and he was the highest graded college pitcher ever drafted, even higher than Skenes. So it's not ridiculous for Skenes to make 10 starts or so and get fully stretched out in AAA before coming up. He only went 3 1/3 in his third start so he need at least 3 more starts to get up to the 6-7 inning range and he won't be called up before he can go 6-7.

Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing.

My only "quibble" would be that he "only" pitched 122 innings at LSU last season. That is a ton of innings for a college pitcher. Which is why I said last year even before they drafted him that if they did take him they weren't going to have him pitch more than a game or two last year in the minors. He threw a lot of pitches for a 20 year old (or however old he was) last year.

My only "quibble" would be that he "only" pitched 122 innings at LSU last season. That is a ton of innings for a college pitcher. Which is why I said last year even before they drafted him that if they did take him they weren't going to have him pitch more than a game or two last year in the minors. He threw a lot of pitches for a 20 year old (or however old he was) last year.
Remember, at LSU he had a full week in between starts as he was their Friday night pitcher.

In MLB, he will throw 100 pitches every 5 days.
He's such a valuable investment there is NO WAY they should take any unnecessary chances with him.

What is more valuable to the Pirates, getting a few more starts out of him this year, when the team is still young and incomplete, or in 5 or 6 years when the pieces are all in place, and he is hitting on all 8 cylinders?

Remember, at LSU he had a full week in between starts as he was their Friday night pitcher.

In MLB, he will throw 100 pitches every 5 days.
He's such a valuable investment there is NO WAY they should take any unnecessary chances with him.

What is more valuable to the Pirates, getting a few more starts out of him this year, when the team is still young and incomplete, or in 5 or 6 years when the pieces are all in place, and he is hitting on all 8 cylinders?
I totally agree. I have no problem slow playing Skenes right now.

Reactions: pittbb80

Agree, that is a lot for a college pitcher.

The other thing to keep in mind is the MLB season is spread over more months so when a guys pro and throws 160 innings his first year after college, itā€™s more innings but over a longer time period

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Strike out kings hanging Jared Jones out to dry once again. Everytime the kid pitches the buccos make sure he gets no support!

Jones 50 out of 59 pitches for strikes tonight in 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT