ADVERTISEMENT

These guys are relentless - WTF?

Yes, giving him 25 starts. Throw more than 13 TDs and he's still the starting QB.
It's not all about TDs. Kenny had 13 TDs in the last 25 games. Ok, that's bad. And he had 50 sacks which is pretty good.

Each sack takes 1.5 points off the board.

Fields had 29 TDs in the last 25 games. But he had 76 sacks. The extra 25 sacks means you deduct 37.5 points, which is over 6 passing TDs. Then you have to do the same with INTs (Fields had 7 more) and fumbles (Fields had 13 more).

So the net math is 10 passing TDs minus 20 more turnovers.

This isn't fantasy football. The Steelers won a lot of games where Kenny wasn't throwing TDs because he didn't give up an extra sack and INT/fumble per game. Those negative plays are absolutely killer to a team's win rate.

Prepare for the Steelers to lead the NFL in negative plays.

Steeler fans constantly underappreciated Kenny's ability to protect the ball. They're now getting 2 cowboys who are extremely loose with it. Expect higher highs and much lower lows. I happen to believe that the net W/L will basically be the same, maybe a bit better or worse depending on their injury luck.

The Steelers drafted Kenny Pickett largely because of his intangibles:

Leadership, will to win (competitiveness), heart (courage)

Those intangibles usually come with a bit of an edge.

People with an edge don't just sit down and shut up.

The Steelers wanted intangibles. The Steelers "couldn't handle the intangibles"

The Steelers drafted Kenny Pickett largely because of his intangibles:

Leadership, will to win (competitiveness), heart (courage)

Those intangibles usually come with a bit of an edge.

People with an edge don't just sit down and shut up.

The Steelers wanted intangibles. The Steelers "couldn't handle the intangibles"
Yet the reports are he demonstrates none of that with the offseason QB move. He led a boring, stagnant offense that couldn’t score points. The worst thing that happened to him was getting hurt and mediocre Mason coming in and immediately put up 30+ points in two straight games.

Kenny Pickett was not a #1 draft pick until after his senior year.

He was a riverboat gambler, throwing everywhere and often.

Did the Steelers ever allow Kenny to be that guy? Did the Steelers put Kenny in a Whipple like offense?

Did the Steelers ever even put Kenny in the aggressive offense Mason benefited from once Tomlin became desperate enough to quit living in his fears?

Last edited:
Yet the reports are he demonstrates none of that with the offseason QB move. He led a boring, stagnant offense that couldn’t score points. The worst thing that happened to him was getting hurt and mediocre Mason coming in and immediately put up 30+ points in two straight games.
Yeah, i am calling that out as lies or at the very least severe mischaracterizations.

Last edited:
Who cares? If Kenny had been good none of this would have happened, I turned on the game 24 times, just waiting, thinking I hope this is the week Kenny finally breaks out and it never really happened.
Kenny Pickett was not a #1 draft pick until after his senior year.

He was a riverboat gambler, throwing everywhere and often.

Did the Steelers ever allow Kenny to be that guy? Did the Steelers put Kenny in a Whipple like offense?

Did the Steelers ever even put Kenny in the aggressive offense Mason benefited from once Tomlin became desperate enough to quit living in his fears?
I agree "The Steeler tethered version" of Kenny Pickett was not "good".

Mediocre Mason should play the lottery as he was one lucky dude. Those last three games were against the Bungels (Pickett led a 400 yard day on total offense against them a few weeks earlier), Seattle with the 5th worse pass defense in the league, and the Ravens who played all reserves since they clinched. You don't think Pickett would have had similar output? Steelers probably don't lose to the two worse teams on the schedule also had Pickett been healthy.

Yeah, i am calling that out as lies or at the very least severe mischaracterizations.

Steelers are complicit in it. You really think Mr. Insider Dulac has any true sources other than what Burt spoon feeds him? He claimed Dionte would 100% be on the roster next year and then bam he was gone. It was something the Steelers didn't want him to know.

Mediocre Mason should play the lottery as he was one lucky dude. Those last three games were against the Bungels (Pickett led a 400 yard day on total offense against them a few weeks earlier), Seattle with the 5th worse pass defense in the league, and the Ravens who played all reserves since they clinched. You don't think Pickett would have had similar output? Steelers probably don't lose to the two worse teams on the schedule also had Pickett been healthy.
No. I waited and hoped for 25 games Pickett would be able to lead an offense that could put up 30+ points and he didn't. Probably the worst stretch of offensive football I've watch from the Steelers in my lifetime. I agree they don't lose the games that Mitch played a major role in.

Absolutely. And...they do not lose to Cleveland 10-13 with anyone butTomlin as their Head Coach

No. I waited and hoped for 25 games Pickett would be able to lead an offense that could put up 30+ points and he didn't. Probably the worst stretch of offensive football I've watch from the Steelers in my lifetime. I agree they don't lose the games that Mitch played a major role in.
I agree "The Steeler tethered version" of Kenny Pickett was not "good".

The untethered version threw for 0 TDs and put up 16 points against a terrible defense.
Huh? What game are you referencing? The Cincinnati game? Well a TD was taken away.

And yeah, we had a new OC, BUT the Head Coach still had the tether firmly in control

Last edited:
Wow, that would have made the season total a whole SEVEN.
Kenny Pickett with a weak team did enough to have the Steelers have a chance to make the playoffs (pending other team results in last weekend) even taking over late.

Kenny Pickett (had he been allowed to play) would have had a weak Steeler team in the playoffs this past season.

And most of those games were with an awful OL an even worse OC and knuckle heads at skill positions most of whom are average at best

Wonder why all the talking heads are now saying the diva savior Russ is going to need help on the OL and wr for him to succeed

And most of those games were with an awful OL an even worse OC and knuckle heads at skill positions most of whom are average at best

Wonder why all the talking heads are now saying the diva savior Russ is going to need help on the OL and wr for him to succeed
I watch other NFL teams every week with awful offensive lines, schemes, and no receiving weapons and yet 2nd and 3rd stringers would find a way to have a monster game with both yards and TDs. Just by pure odds Pickett should've lucked into a 3 TD game and he didn't. I just posted in another thread that Tommy DeVito, in a terrible offense, surpassed Pickett's TD total last season with 8. He had 2 multi-TD games, doubled the amount that Pickett had in his career.

• Love
Reactions: Pitt79
I watch a lot of football. Kenny Pickett can be these guys. He could have been these guys here.

You are correct. There are two different issues in play.

Did the Steelers lie, mislead and hurt Kenny’s development? Yes.

Did Kenny handle the situation well? No.

Up until this season, we have no idea how Kenny reacts to adversity. He played five years at Pitt with basically no competition. I’m sure all the stories being told about him are probably true. How do I know this? Because most of us would feel the same way he does. The difference is how you react. Bradshaw went through much, much worse from the coaches, the fans, the press and his teammates.

Upon being told that the Steelers signed Russell Wilson, his attitude should have been “Bring it on, old man!” His next actions should have been to keep silent and trust no one.

He’s not the only Steelers player to be lied to. He won’t be the last.
Why should that have been his attitude? If the Steelers lied, misled and messed up his development as you say, what good is it to continue in the situation after it appears they lied to him again.

Sports is way too important for too many people. It produces too much confidence in uninformed options from those with no insight and mo consequences.

Why should that have been his attitude? If the Steelers lied, misled and messed up his development as you say, what good is it to continue in the situation after it appears they lied to him again.

Sports is way too important for too many people. It produces too much confidence in uninformed options from those with no insight and mo consequences.
The same people ripping KP for wanting another opportunity cheer kids who change teams in college for transferring to find better opportunities. We don’t have all the details but it sounds like KP simply said I’d rather you trade me to another team than stay and back up the diva. He didn’t make his demands public The Steelers were under no pressure to oblige him. They made the choice So it sounds to me like the Steelers got what they wanted and had their attack dogs in the media smear him on the way out. KP hasn’t said a word.

Reactions: gary2
I watch other NFL teams every week with awful offensive lines, schemes, and no receiving weapons and yet 2nd and 3rd stringers would find a way to have a monster game with both yards and TDs. Just by pure odds Pickett should've lucked into a 3 TD game and he didn't. I just posted in another thread that Tommy DeVito, in a terrible offense, surpassed Pickett's TD total last season with 8. He had 2 multi-TD games, doubled the amount that Pickett had in his career.
Those other qbs don’t play for mediocre Mike who’s stated openly that his goal is to play it close to the vest and keep the games close and pull it out at the end. Sounds like KP followed the plan pretty well

Who cares? If Kenny had been good none of this would have happened, I turned on the game 24 times, just waiting, thinking I hope this is the week Kenny finally breaks out and it never really happened.
How many of those games did the Steelers win?

Because any other attitude is detrimental to him.

Nobody is talking about how the Steelers lied and misled Kenny (even though they very much did). They're talking about Kenny's attitude. If he stays silent and puts his noise to the grindstone the focus goes back to the Steelers. If Wilson gets hurt (and I bet he does) Kenny gets another opportunity. Like I said on a previous post, Bradshaw put up with much, much worse.

I don't blame him for being angry. But I would have told my own son the same thing. Nothing good comes out of sulking and quitting. I wish him the best.

Just admit you're a WVU or PSU fan and get it over with

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79 and Burgh15

Nobody is talking about how the Steelers lied and misled Kenny (even though they very much did). They're talking about Kenny's attitude. If he stays silent and puts his noise to the grindstone the focus goes back to the Steelers. If Wilson gets hurt (and I bet he does) Kenny gets another opportunity. Like I said on a previous post, Bradshaw put up with much, much worse.

I don't blame him for being angry. But I would have told my own son the same thing. Nothing good comes out of sulking and quitting. I wish him the best.
How do you know he was sulking and quitting? He wanted to be with another team and he got that opportunity.

I would tell my son not try to assume he understands someone else’s situation when he doesn’t know the details.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
Lol. I'm assuming Wilson's abilitity to divide a locker room is the biggest reason the Broncos preferred paying him 38 million dollars to sit on the couch rather than be around the team.
People do learn their lessons, though, hopefully.

In the old days, I'd have said nobody could come into a Steeler locker room and disrupt it. Not sure about that anymore, of course, but I do think that Wilson will probably be on his best behavior for a while.

Those other qbs don’t play for mediocre Mike who’s stated openly that his goal is to play it close to the vest and keep the games close and pull it out at the end. Sounds like KP followed the plan pretty well
Exactly

Just admit you're a WVU or PSU fan and get it over with
Lol, I can't stand either team and am a long-time Pitt season ticket holder. I just can recognize when a player doesn't have it. For example, I wasn't making excusing for Phil Jurkovec's performance or really anyone under center for Pitt the past couple of seasons. As bad as Cignetti was, it was just bad QB play.

Do you think that is what he did - sulked and quit?

Maybe he faced them down and called them out for lying to him.

Maybe Tomlin didn't like that. Maybe Tomlin is the coward, at least too cowardly to face Kenny on a daily basis.

The coward's alternative was to move Kenny and tar him on the way out. Classy.

Maybe that is how Kenny actually handled it And the Steeler response.

Another example of Tomlin running off the stage.

Last edited:
How do you know he was sulking and quitting? He wanted to be with another team and he got that opportunity.

I would tell my son not try to assume he understands someone else’s situation when he doesn’t know the details.
When you'd rather leave than compete, you quit. Period.

"The day after Wilson agreed a one-year deal with the Steelers last week, Pickett canceled an out-of-town workout with the team’s wide receivers, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."

That is sulking...

I don't have to understand someone's situation when it's in plain sight for everyone to see...

But I know I know, everybody is lying and making up stories about Kenny.... Some of you sound like PSU fans when one of their own is getting negative press...

When you'd rather leave than compete, you quit. Period.

"The day after Wilson agreed a one-year deal with the Steelers last week, Pickett canceled an out-of-town workout with the team’s wide receivers, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."

That is sulking...

I don't have to understand someone's situation when it's in plain sight for everyone to see...

But I know I know, everybody is lying and making up stories about Kenny.... Some of you sound like PSU fans when one of their own is getting negative press...
Who is everybody? Do you know this is coming from different sources? You have a lot of confidence to run with it.

You are just like the ladies who watch the View. Be proud and dig in.

Do you think that is what he did - sulked and quit?

Maybe he faced them down and called them out for lying to him.

Maybe Tomlin didn't like that. Maybe Tomlin is the coward, at least too cowardly to face Kenny on a daily basis.

The coward's alternative was to move Kenny and tar him on the way out. Classy.

Maybe that is how Kenny actually handled it And the Steeler response.

Another example of Tomlin running off the stage.

As I said before, I don't blame him for being pissed. I would be too.

But everyone is assuming that every negative story about Kenny is a lie. It's easy to be a "class act" when you are not faced with adversity. When you are faced with adversity, your character comes through. He certainly didn't handle it like Rudolph... I am grateful for what he did at Pitt, but that's the way I see it.

Who is everybody? Do you know this is coming from different sources? You have a lot of confidence to run with it.

You are just like the ladies who watch the View. Be proud and dig in.
Everybody is reporters that have shared the info the last few days. I know, I know, Joepa didn't know either.... They're all lying...

Did you hear Kenny’s response when he was asked whether he learned anything from watching Rudolph play in the Seattle game. His answer and facial expression said it all.

Did you see Kenny’s facial expression when the fans chanted “Ru-dolph! Ru-dolph!”

Based on those reactions, I know who I believe. You and a few others are in denial.

I’ll throw another one at you. If Kenny didn’t go to Pitt and was African-American, none of you would give him the benefit of the doubt…. Truth.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT