ADVERTISEMENT

Timberlake

Maybe Timberlake will stay closer to home so his family can see him more often and maybe the hugely signing helps. My wishful thinking, but would be a huge pick up.

Besides the CB's to Miami, don't really have any feel on this one. It'd be nice for either Pitt go see him again (if permissible) or for Earl to visit Pitt. Easily close enough. Very quiet recruitment for a 5*-ish player.

Providence fans were posting they had him a month and a half ago, seton hall fans posted something to the effect that his trip here wasn’t very good and they think they have him, Miami thinks they have him so who knows. This has been one quiet recruitment.

Reactions: Drew1208
If we don't get him because he's going to Miami it would probably be because of the weather! We have nothing to go against that.

It sounded like it was all about his momma.
Ive never heard anything that made me think he was leaning any which way.

Well maybe he will stay close to see his mom more. Miami weather is deceptive. It’s very humid all year long...hot, but sticky and rainy.

Also, did we ever figure out if there was a silent commitment from a past ov weekend?

Corey Davis predicts Earl Timberlake "within the next week or so." Mentions Pitt as in the final 5, which includes Miami, Providence, Seton Hall, and South Carolina.

Says a prediction "remains difficult" for Timberlake but he's sticking with Miami.

Sounds like he has no surefire reason to pick Miami and is trying to create a mosaic out of small pieces of information. While this is certainly an acceptable method of prognosticating, there's no reason to doubt that Pitt is out at this juncture.

Let's hope. H2P.

Corey Davis predicts Earl Timberlake "within the next week or so." Mentions Pitt as in the final 5, which includes Miami, Providence, Seton Hall, and South Carolina.

Says a prediction "remains difficult" for Timberlake but he's sticking with Miami.

Sounds like he has no surefire reason to pick Miami and is trying to create a mosaic out of small pieces of information. While this is certainly an acceptable method of prognosticating, there's no reason to doubt that Pitt is out at this juncture.

Let's hope. H2P.

These guys are rarely wrong though.

These guys are rarely wrong though.

Contrast what Evans said about Timberlake vs. Hugley:

"Believe it or not, it remains difficult to select the leader for his services. At one point earlier this year, the thought was that South Carolina was out in front. Things have changed since then and in speaking with various coaching staffs, Miami, Pitt and Seton Hall are brought up the most often. Now, would I be shocked that, whenever it does come time to decide, Timberlake picks Providence? Not at all, but I am going to stick with my current Miami prediction with a commitment that could come at any moment."

"There was whispers that he was close to committing to Pitt in July and there was also whispers that he was close to doing the same for NC State last month. Therefore, it would not surprise if Hugley were to hold off once again and visit Kansas State and possibly a few of others before signing in November. If that is the case, Pitt might not be his college spot but for now, I am willing to push my chips entirely in on the Panthers landing the productive center that they dearly covet."

"I'm sticking with my current prediction" vs. "I am all in on Team X." Those are wildly different levels of certainty. Evans basically has no idea with Timberlake. We seem to have a chance at least.

Reactions: RoguePanther
Pitt has liked him for awhile but how hard were they really going after him, like people at Pitt stated they put everything into RJ and didn't get him, did they backtrack? who knows but this could go anywhere, Pitt really put all their eggs into RJ and Hugley

Fyi.
SMF says these guys are rarely wrong but if you go to rivals right now not one uncommitted recruit is Cb'd to Pitt. Heck Hugley was Cb'd to NCSTATE up until he committed and some of you on here believed it even going as far as saying Pitt will never beat them (or any big D1) for a recruit.
And if you believe that then Pitt will never have a team or at least a good one.
So unless your Earl Timberlake NOBODY knows where he is going, and at this point since your all assuming (which is all a CB is) I think it's safe to assume he doesn't know either or he would have committed already.
Lets stop speculating and wait for a recruit to decide and either applaud and welcome him to Pitt or wish him well somewhere else.

Reactions: Loman909
Hugley’s CB’s were changed prior to his commitment here and were all pointed here before his announcement date.

This is the quietest recruitment I wouldn't be surprised if it was any of the 5 finalist.

Reactions: Tonyt66
Miami has the most wide open roster of his finalists may be why the CB's are their. Only Harlond Beverly is in his way at the 2/3 for next year. Never know what is most important to the kid and their family. Hope for the best !

Miami has the most wide open roster of his finalists may be why the CB's are their. Only Harlond Beverly is in his way at the 2/3 for next year. Never know what is most important to the kid and their family. Hope for the best !
He’s better than any player on our roster outside of X though

Reactions: cabe23

I am sure Timberlake feels he will start anywhere and he probably will.

Reactions: Tonyt66
That's not true. Trey as a Junior will definitely be better than this kid.
He may average more points. He won’t average more rebounds, be more versatile or defend as well as Timberlake. One of the few in HS basketball that is an absolute do it all DOG.

We have one of the other handful of these type of kids under our nose that you are extremely fond of. Unfortunately gonna be a great player for Purdue.

Reactions: Straight Eye Larry
He may average more points. He won’t average more rebounds, be more versatile or defend as well as Timberlake. One of the few in HS basketball that is an absolute do it all DOG.

We have one of the other handful of these type of kids under our nose that you are extremely fond of. Unfortunately gonna be a great player for Purdue.

He'll be playing at the Pete early next year.. his last time probably. WPIAL title.

So as a Jr coming off starting at SG & backing up PG with what we have seen from him you really think all Trey will have going on will be scoring? You don't see a lockdown defender? You don't see a playmaker? And I bet they even get him to rebound better, though not likely to Timberlake's level.

So as a Jr coming off starting at SG & backing up PG with what we have seen from him you really think all Trey will have going on will be scoring? You don't see a lockdown defender? You don't see a playmaker? And I bet they even get him to rebound better, though not likely to Timberlake's level.
Trey showed some flashes last year of being a very good player in ACC play. Timberlake is a program changer for Pitt.

Trey showed some flashes last year of being a very good player in ACC play. Timberlake is a program changer for Pitt.

Heard this kinda stuff a million times, will believe it when I see it. And yes Trey showed "flashes" last year - that's a hell of a lot more than you saw from Timberlake who's still in High School.

Love both players though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT