ADVERTISEMENT

Timberlake

I’ve never once said it about a Pitt recruit in the last 10 years. A borderline McDonald’s kid who will elevate everyone’s game seems like it to me.
I'm am refering to the masses on here - always sure the next big thing will save us - and is better than what we got now. And almost always wrong

Heard this kinda stuff a million times, will believe it when I see it. And yes Trey showed "flashes" last year - that's a hell of a lot more than you saw from Timberlake who's still in High School.

Love both players though.
I’ve watched him more than anyone on this board I’m sure though. As well as seeing trey at the same age. Timberlake projects to have a much better college career and certainly more impactful as a freshmen.

I’ve watched him more than anyone on this board I’m sure though. As well as seeing trey at the same age. Timberlake projects to have a much better college career and certainly more impactful as a freshmen.

Hopefully you are right, Timberlake is a great great player that's likely underrated. But Trey has huge, amazing upside that i think he reaches.

Hopefully you are right, Timberlake is a great great player that's likely underrated. But Trey has huge, amazing upside that i think he reaches.

Keep in mind, Trey won 2 ACC games last year. But i do expect Timberlake to be a much more complete player comparing freshman to freshman.

Keep in mind, Trey won 2 ACC games last year. But i do expect Timberlake to be a much more complete player comparing freshman to freshman.
Yeah I view winning 3 ACC games last year as basically showing up for every game and actually competing. You have to actively try to lose 18. That’s why I’m weary on a prediction this year. I could see them winning anywhere from 3-11 acc games. Ball could bounce our way a bunch of games and it could go against us a bunch of games.

Dante Taylor was supposed to be a program changing McDonald's All American too. Until they get on the court it is all just hope and potential.

I like Timberlake's game too and would love to have him here, but not all 5 stars turn out great or produce as freshman.

Dante Taylor was supposed to be a program changing McDonald's All American too. Until they get on the court it is all just hope and potential.

I like Timberlake's game too and would love to have him here, but not all 5 stars turn out great or produce as freshman.
Timberlake is as close to a cant miss prospect as there is to make a major impact on a college program.

He may average more points. He won’t average more rebounds, be more versatile or defend as well as Timberlake. One of the few in HS basketball that is an absolute do it all DOG.

We have one of the other handful of these type of kids under our nose that you are extremely fond of. Unfortunately gonna be a great player for Purdue.
In fairness
Trey is an elite defender

I am convinced that Dante Taylor had suspect knees his whole career. How else do you explain his inability to execute a basic dunk.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Timberlake is as close to a cant miss prospect as there is to make a major impact on a college program.

I see this kid as can't miss to be good - and early in his career too. True greatness though - that would not happen IMO without at least a 2nd year in the program - and how likely is that if he has a good freshman season?

I have to back Insider dude up sorta - as Timberlake's floor is ridiculously high. He's really developing a lot of skills right now, and there's no way he isn't at least a very good role player as a frosh.

I am convinced that Dante Taylor had suspect knees his whole career. How else do you explain his inability to execute a basic dunk.

Dante Taylor is light years better than any 5 we've had since he graduated (besides the 1 year of Zanna). That says a lot.

Dante Taylor is light years better than any 5 we've had since he graduated (besides the 1 year of Zanna). That says a lot.
Now that is funny. Dante was lights year better he couldn't even get on the court when he was playing. Tell us when did he ever play half of a game, tell us how many years he started, tell us how many games he started as a dynamo lights years ahead of everyone senior. ONE START as a senior. And how many points per game did this lights years better guy average. Never averaged even a half dozen. Yeah, why don't you change your title to always wrong sean.

Dante seemed to have a good enough attitude but he never lived up to the hype. Way it works sometimes.

I'd be thrilled if Capel could manage to scoop up Timberlake.

Reactions: CapelsCranberryz
Dante seemed to have a good enough attitude but he never lived up to the hype. Way it works sometimes.

I'd be thrilled if Capel could manage to scoop up Timberlake.

He had problems with a bad back. Not sure if that is why he never lived up to his original hype or whether he was just over rated coming out of high school. It was probably a combination of the two.

He had problems with a bad back. Not sure if that is why he never lived up to his original hype or whether he was just over rated coming out of high school. It was probably a combination of the two.
DT was overrated , JD was the coach of the international under 19 team during the summer between his hs and college days and didn’t select him for the team . Watching him for 5 minutes at Greentree you could tell he wasn’t what he was cracked up to be . Guys rated that high should jump out at you especially playing against the competition that was at Greentree . Maybe at a Duke or Kentucky you could be mislead !
It was instantly recognizable of S Adams potential with that size and athletic abilities . It was also obvious that while Birch was limited offensively the raw athletic ability was plainly obvious . JRob made an instant impression at Greentree .

Michael Young would like a word. While Young would have been awesome at the 4 playing alongside a more traditional 5, he was still an all-ACC caliber player at the 5.

He wasn't a 5 though he did play out of position there. I was talking about actual legit 5's.

I sure wouldn’t agree with that. You making that claim based on ole ‘potential’, certainly can’t be actual performance or production.

DT was overrated , JD was the coach of the international under 19 team during the summer between his hs and college days and didn’t select him for the team . Watching him for 5 minutes at Greentree you could tell he wasn’t what he was cracked up to be . Guys rated that high should jump out at you especially playing against the competition that was at Greentree . Maybe at a Duke or Kentucky you could be mislead !
It was instantly recognizable of S Adams potential with that size and athletic abilities . It was also obvious that while Birch was limited offensively the raw athletic ability was plainly obvious . JRob made an instant impression at Greentree .

He wasn’t overrated. Go look at the other AA centers. There’s Cousins and then a bunch of disappointing bigs. Not al AA classes are created equal.

Reactions: below0w
For what it’s worth, the Miami forum feels strongly about Timberlake regarding how he has started following the Miami coaching staff.

Reactions: Drew1208
He wasn’t overrated. Go look at the other AA centers. There’s Cousins and then a bunch of disappointing bigs. Not al AA classes are created equal.
He was a top 50 recruit and he was not a top 50 player . They don’t always get it right , that’s why I’ll take a good coaches opinion over their class rank everyday .

He was a top 50 recruit and he was not a top 50 player . They don’t always get it right , that’s why I’ll take a good coaches opinion over their class rank everyday .

Compare his performance to other bigs from his class, not against what you think an AA should look like.

Compare his performance to other bigs from his class, not against what you think an AA should look like.
I’m simply stating that as a highly rated McDonalds AA he didn’t live up to his billing . I really don’t care what other bigs did . I watched him play for 4 yrs .

I sure wouldn’t agree with that. You making that claim based on ole ‘potential’, certainly can’t be actual performance or production.

Please list the true Centers we have had since Dante Taylor graduated which have been better than him.....or heck even close to as good as him.

1. Talib Zanna

That's the list and that was for 1 year.

If you want to say Mike Young, go ahead, but I am trying to illustrate the fact we haven't recruited any TRUE centers who were any good since Taylor left.

Please list the true Centers we have had since Dante Taylor graduated which have been better than him.....or heck even close to as good as him.

1. Talib Zanna

That's the list and that was for 1 year.

If you want to say Mike Young, go ahead, but I am trying to illustrate the fact we haven't recruited any TRUE centers who were any good since Taylor left.
The nba lottery pick and nba starter was pretty good

Perhaps it’s because good centers are very rare in college ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT