ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt Game & Other Dribbles ...

Then I can’t teach you about basketball since you don’t know anything.

We should have an NCAA bracket challenge when the tournament comes rolling around just for fun.

Ill participate, and even put a post together telling everyone which teams actually shoot the most shots from the midrange and which teams shoot the least shots from the midrange going into the tournament.

All of you can select Alabama to win the title, they shoot the least or just about the least midrange shots over everyone.

I wasn't around for the
discussion on 3's. If you
read what I just posted
above, you'd notice my
criticisms of you are of
a totally different animal,
and you know it.

IMO you're a fanboy and
that wouldn't be so bad
if you would just stick to
what you know, the recruiting
world. What happens on the
floor, what a coach might
be game planning and how
his players actually execute
seem foreign to you. You've
been exposed.

I wasn't around for the
discussion on 3's. If you
read what I just posted
above, you'd notice my
criticisms of you are of
a totally different animal,
and you know it.

IMO you're a fanboy and
that wouldn't be so bad
if you would just stick to
what you know, the recruiting
world. What happens on the
floor, what a coach might
be game planning and how
his players actually execute
seem foreign to you. You've
been exposed.

I mean yea, you got me. The Biggest adjustment I said before last game even took place and during halftime of last game was to dribble drive much more with Femi, reread the actual game thread. After last game was over, the very first thing in Jeff Capels press conference regarding adjustments was Pitt needs to dribble drive more often. Go figure

Carry on, Chess...

I mean yea, you got me. The Biggest adjustment I said before last game even took place and during halftime of last game was to dribble drive much more with Femi, reread the actual game thread. After last game was over, the very first thing in Jeff Capels press conference regarding adjustments was Pitt needs to dribble drive more often. Go figure

Carry on, Chess...
Please stop your nonsense.
You know dam well that
what you stress on here
over and over is your
over indulgence of
stats, specifically ORTG's.
OK. I'll give you credit,
you actually called out
something that Femi needed
to improve. You found an
actual instance. THAT is not
what you're being criticized
for on here. Hell the example
you cited was so obvious. You're
like the blind squirrel who found
a stray nut for once.

Please stop your nonsense.
You know dam well that
what you stress on here
over and over is your
over indulgence of
stats, specifically ORTG's.
OK. I'll give you credit,
you actually called out
something that Femi needed
to improve. You found an
actual instance. THAT is not
what you're being criticized
for on here. Hell the example
you cited was so obvious. You're
like the blind squirrel who found
a stray nut for once.

Just for fun without bickering, why dont you state what adjustments you think the team should make going into next game, bballinsider and Joe and anyone else should participate, start a new thread on it. And then Ill tell you my adjustments and we can compare.

Id rather talk about Pitt, not UCLA, Alabama, or Michael Jordan.

Just for fun without bickering, why dont you state what adjustments you think the team should make going into next game, bballinsider and Joe and anyone else should participate, start a new thread on it. And then Ill tell you my adjustments and we can compare.

Id rather talk about Pitt, not UCLA, Alabama, or Michael Jordan.
Hell I can start, first adjustment is to find 10 new players and a new coaching staff.

Funny, but true! No in game
adjustment is going to help
this Pitt team. IMO the current
problems with Pitt start and
end with the coach and the
talent level of the players.
This.

I posted it somewhere and was probably a different thread so apologies for repeating. But a good coach could likely get more out of this team. But the very top end is probably 3-4 ACC wins (because the ACC is overall worse) and that may be generous. Pitt just doesn’t have the material and it’s not close. This squad is every bit as bad as Stallings’ 0fer and may be worse.

This.

I posted it somewhere and was probably a different thread so apologies for repeating. But a good coach could likely get more out of this team. But the very top end is probably 3-4 ACC wins (because the ACC is overall worse) and that may be generous. Pitt just doesn’t have the material and it’s not close. This squad is every bit as bad as Stallings’ 0fer and may be worse.
That makes a lot of sense.
I also believe a Pitino for instance
could get more out of this team.
However. I feel this group
would still be losing, even with
Pitino, John Wooden, or Red
Aurbach. IMO we are THAT bad.

"top end...3-4ACC wins" Well, pre
season I posted several times
I wouldn't predict until I saw
them in real game time action.
IF we didn't lose the three guards,
my sense at this point is maybe 4
or 5 wins. Looking at this group now,
I can't imagine us beating any ACC
team. Vandy IMO is similar to the
lower end of the ACC.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
BUMP

Vader spent this entire thread killing Nate Oats for his 3 point attempts. And then they beat the piss out of Gonzaga because of their 3 point attempts. Who could’ve seen that coming!

Reactions: TheLogicalTake
I was pretty good in math and everything I ever learned 3>2 and if you can make mid 30’s % from 3 you have to shoot over 50% from 2 .

You build your offense around the talent you.have on your team , I know this is a very difficult concept to grasp . If you have guys who can bury the 3 use it as your weapon if you have guys who can’t shoot well enough from 3 then that’s not a very effective strategy, now is it ?

It’s not coaching it’s talent ! There’s no one who can’t shoot well from 2 that‘s magically going to turn into a good 3 pt shooter no matter whose coaching him up .

A truly great talent like Jordon could adapt his game to any era , but I also doubt that he’d be as effective from 3 as Curry .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT