ADVERTISEMENT

Washington vs. USC. Watching some real offense.

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Must be great for those fans. They execute things well and don't get a lot of stupid penalties.

I take a different view.
That’s not good offense.
It’s crap defense.
You could find 11 sorority girls on any campus who could play better defense that the PAC-12 teams play.
I'd rather watch good offense than good defense, 2021 when Kenny was throwing 4 TDs per game and we were winning games 42-38, that was fun, watching 20-17 punt battles with great defense is not so much fun.

So you'd rather have a team like Pitt? Our defense is usually good. of course, we only won a championship when we were scoring 40ppg.
I didn’t say that either, I would prefer both. I starts with recruiting quality quarterbacks, not relying solely on the portal at the most important position. The top quarterbacks cost money though. With limited NiL resources you may have to spend most of it on one player. Other positions are easier to find when you have a legitimate QB.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The system they run creates “air”. They sre not facing 8 man fronts and trying to run up the middle.

USC is just garage on defense. I'm not saying that they are alone but they about the worst P5 defense. It's almost comical how bad they are.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I'd rather watch good offense than good defense, 2021 when Kenny was throwing 4 TDs per game and we were winning games 42-38, that was fun, watching 20-17 punt battles with great defense is not so much fun.
I respect that. And I’d guess most fans agree with you. But I’m on the flip side. I enjoy watching the strategy and execution of a great defense. My Dad taught me defense wins in team sports. And that has remained true for the many decades I have watched and coached sports.

It's crazy that USC will potentially lose 5+ games due to their woeful D. Heck... Cal scored 49 on them. Imagine USC fans are even more furious than Pitt fans. Paying their HC comfortably over 10M. Dumping insane cash into the portal. Have a loaded O and generational QB... With Oregon and UCLA next, very possible they go 7-5. It's mind boggling to me bad their D is... Mind boggling.

Reactions: TD_6082
So you'd rather have a team like Pitt? Our defense is usually good. of course, we only won a championship when we were scoring 40ppg.
I'd rather watch a team like Georgia. They are physical & seemingly one of the few teams that excel in open field tackling.

Pitt's defense played with good overall energy yesterday, but the open field tackling was atrocious.

It's crazy that USC will potentially lose 5+ games due to their woeful D. Heck... Cal scored 49 on them. Imagine USC fans are even more furious than Pitt fans. Paying their HC comfortably over 10M. Dumping insane cash into the portal. Have a loaded O and generational QB... With Oregon and UCLA next, very possible they go 7-5. It's mind boggling to me bad their D is... Mind boggling.
We’d take 7-5 in a nanosecond

Five star players on O.
Walk-on players on D.
(I’m guilty of exaggerating)
It’s that reputation for a high flying offense that’s going to punch Riley’s ticket to the NFL. Oklahoma and USC are just stepping stones for him. He slept well last night after putting up all those points against Washington.

Pitt beat SU by a score of 76-61 in 2016 and it was not an enjoyable game by the 3rd Quarter. I was glad we won, but it was like watching a ping pong match.

Penix was throwing against air all night. They literally only stopped themselves.

USC has a historically bad defense.
Yet they put some good athletes in the league historically. Matthews, Troy, and Bear this coming draft. Sound familiar? I just notice the speed of the backs and wr’s in that conference. Blazing.

USC is just garage on defense. I'm not saying that they are alone but they about the worst P5 defense. It's almost comical how bad they are.
You could say the same thing about Pitt's offense, "about the worst P5 offense" and "comical how bad they are". Pitt=Garbage on offense.

Pitt beat SU by a score of 76-61 in 2016 and it was not an enjoyable game by the 3rd Quarter. I was glad we won, but it was like watching a ping pong match.
I definitely enjoyed that way, way, way more than two consecutive games of scoring 7 points for the whole game, to me anyways, nothing is as disgusting and totally unenjoyable as not being able to score, that is more depressing to me than giving up 61 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT