ADVERTISEMENT

Always good to tune into PITT's flagship station (93.7 The Fan).............

ERICCARTMAN

Freshman
Jul 5, 2001
In discussing PITT's appearance in the upcoming Sun Bowl, morning host Chris Mueller said,

"I'm rooting for another 3-0 game, I could care less who wins."

Umm, was it Chris Mack or Chris Mueller? Mack usually does the morning show and Mueller the afternoon but it could be switched up with the Holidays.

I'd respect their troll schtick if they had the balls to openly root for the Bengals and Ravens and say that the Steelers don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing to Oakland and tying the Browns. Of course they won't because they are pussies and they know yinzers would burn the station to the ground and drag their carcasses through the streets. So they always go for the low hanging fruit.

I'd respect their troll schtick if they had the balls to openly root for the Bengals and Ravens and say that the Steelers don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing to Oakland and tying the Browns. Of course they won't because they are pussies and they know yinzers would burn the station to the ground and drag their carcasses through the streets. So they always go for the low hanging fruit.
Actually, I think Mueller has basically said this.

In discussing PITT's appearance in the upcoming Sun Bowl, morning host Chris Mueller said,

Well that's fair because I don't care what Chris Mueller or any of those tools think.

Exactly. Pitt makes for a good whipping boy because most locals are fans of the Pittsburgh pro teams. But college? Lots of folks in the area attended and root for schools other than Pitt. So any bashing, derision and mockery directed towards Pitt comes across just fine.

Macho Man Mark Madden is on record saying the Steelers don't deserve to make the playoffs. Which is inherently stupid because 6 teams make the playoffs from each conference. If the Steelers make it on their record but don't deserve it, that means a team with a worse record does deserve it.

Macho Man Mark Madden is on record saying the Steelers don't deserve to make the playoffs. Which is inherently stupid because 6 teams make the playoffs from each conference. If the Steelers make it on their record but don't deserve it, that means a team with a worse record does deserve it.
yeah but you get the point.. I mean we lost to the worst team in the league (raiders), blew a big 2nd half lead to jax, gave away the game to Denver. A good team doesn't do all of those things.

While Mueller is a PSU grad, he's made it very very clear very very often that he hates his alma mater. He is no enemy of Pitt, not by a long shot.

He's merely stating about the Sun Bowl what most people feel about every bowl game, except for the 2 semi's and the finals.

Does anyone think that clown will be in the business 5 years from now? He reached his level of competency and in a business notorious for its cut throat nature, he will be selling Fuller brushes sooner than later.
Right now, he is a yinzer with a degree and a microphone. Hardly a unique skill set.

yeah but you get the point.. I mean we lost to the worst team in the league (raiders), blew a big 2nd half lead to jax, gave away the game to Denver. A good team doesn't do all of those things.
But you get my point. As bad as all that is how does a team that's done worse deserve it. What Madden should have said was if the Steelers don't get in they've earned it.

Does anyone think that clown will be in the business 5 years from now? He reached his level of competency and in a business notorious for its cut throat nature, he will be selling Fuller brushes sooner than later.
Right now, he is a yinzer with a degree and a microphone. Hardly a unique skill set.
Will he change the name to Mueller brushes?

Why is there all the animosity towards Bowl games? I get that they’re a corporate money grab and there’s too many of them, but it’s a two weeks celebration of college football and kind of a “good bye” till next fall to the game we love. Enjoy the games, root hard for the Panthers, and if the Bowl season bothers you that much just turn the channel.

While Mueller is a PSU grad, he's made it very very clear very very often that he hates his alma mater. He is no enemy of Pitt, not by a long shot.

He's merely stating about the Sun Bowl what most people feel about every bowl game, except for the 2 semi's and the finals.
Yep. You’re correct.

And he’s correct too. Most of us dont care about exhibition games between mediocre teams, just as we don’t care about NIT tourney basketball.

Mueller, despite being correct, is still not good at his job. Most of the guys on that channel are.

I listened to Rome yesterday on the Fan. Since they had no local Fan hosts. I actually enjoyed Rome and the clones doing their smackoff more than the Fan. The regular line up bloz except for Zeise. The rest are just aholes.

Last edited:
Why is there all the animosity towards Bowl games? I get that they’re a corporate money grab and there’s too many of them, but it’s a two weeks celebration of college football and kind of a “good bye” till next fall to the game we love. Enjoy the games, root hard for the Panthers, and if the Bowl season bothers you that much just turn the channel.

Because there are too many and nobody knows or cares about the majority of these teams. I’d rather espn spent their money and advertising on another 30 for 30 documentary.

People like to complain about things they don’t agree with and things they view as “waste’s”. They turn the channel, but it’s still a talking point.

The Fan would be much more interesting and wildly more entertaining if Zeldas Open Roof and FreeportPanther were co-hosts.
tenor.gif

Exactly. Pitt makes for a good whipping boy because most locals are fans of the Pittsburgh pro teams. But college? Lots of folks in the area attended and root for schools other than Pitt. So any bashing, derision and mockery directed towards Pitt comes across just fine.
Pitt isn't popular so it's safe to be negative about Pitt. If Pitt doesn't like it, commit to win more, which will increase popularity, which will force the media to be subservient and sychophantic like they are to the popular teams.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
It's more a statement about these meaningless exhibition games than something deriding Pitt. I've only watched about 5 minutes of one exhibition game so far and there was no one in the stands. That's how much people care about these silly games. Sure, let the kids play and have some fun. The score is meaningless unless it's the CFP. Pitt's Sun Exhibition game will not be seen by that many people and even less will care what the score is. I'm sure the people in the stands couldn't care less.

There are 40 "bowl" games. Of those, 37 are exhibition games that mean nothing. Cut the number of bowl games to 10 or 15 and make them have some real value. Even then, it's debatable.

Reactions: BigBird80
Pitt isn't popular so it's safe to be negative about Pitt. If Pitt doesn't like it, commit to win more, which will increase popularity, which will force the media to be subservient and sychophantic like they are to the popular teams.
Well let's face it, Pitt (especially football) essentially being the Pirates for 37 years makes it easy for the media to be dismissive. Want to shut them up? Shut them up with success.

Reactions: BigBird80
I listened to Roe yesterday on the Fan. since they had no local Fan hosts. I actually enjoyed rome and the clones doing their smackoff more than the Fan. The regular line up bloz except for Zeise. The rest are just aholes.

The regular lineup, including Zeise, blows. Zeise gets a pass only because of his kid. Otherwise, he's Fred Flintstone, in every conceivable way.

NAILED IT

The press slobbered all over Jamie Dixon, ignoring the fact that he couldn't recruit a starving man to a steak dinner.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
How are the bowls a corporate money grab? You mean a P5 conference money grab. Corporation pay for the sponsorships and commercials and the conferences take all the money!

He is a Fat Head Beer Pimp Daddy. And all that crap about him not caring for PSU athletics even though he is a graduate is bogus.

Agree completely. Lighten up and enjoy the games. If you think there are too many bowl games, don’t watch them.

Agree completely. Lighten up and enjoy the games. If you think there are too many bowl games, don’t watch them.

That's exactly what I'm doing....NOT watching. I doubt I'll even watch Pitt's exhibition game. It means nothing and is just for the guys to have some fun. I certainly don't deprive them of that as everyone deserves to have some fun sometimes. I just won't be watching.

How are the bowls a corporate money grab? You mean a P5 conference money grab. Corporation pay for the sponsorships and commercials and the conferences take all the money!
The Outback Bowl paid its president over $1million last year. 16% of its revenue goes to staff salaries. And of course the players get nothing. The game exists to draw fans to Tampa, so they will spend lots of money on food and hotels.

Bowls are December early January programming foe ESPN. ESPN is paying the freight. Local hotels etc are icing on the cake. If you don't like them don't watch. I enjoy the bowls. It's better than a 30 for 30 " Inside Panther Rants the decline and fall"

That's exactly what I'm doing....NOT watching. I doubt I'll even watch Pitt's exhibition game. It means nothing and is just for the guys to have some fun. I certainly don't deprive them of that as everyone deserves to have some fun sometimes. I just won't be watching.

So, you don't find the bowls entertaining? After all, that's all the games really are. If the players are having fun, as they should, why wouldn't you do the same as a fan?

So, you don't find the bowls entertaining? After all, that's all the games really are. If the players are having fun, as they should, why wouldn't you do the same as a fan?

I also don't find football entertaining, so I don't watch it that much. I go to Pitt football games just to be with my family at a game, but football games are not at the top of my list. Not trying to say they're not entertaining. It's just a personal preference. I prefer hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT