ADVERTISEMENT

Another wild Pickett story. True?

This seems pretty believable. Probably happens pretty often and is not a good look for the team.

Reactions: boseman7
The Steelers lied to Rudolph and Pickett and then tried to make them seem like the bad guys through their media mouthpieces. The same treatment towards Rudolph occurred earlier in his career.
The Steelers disinformation PR media is second to none - I have a close friend who covers the NFL and told me that they had this all queued up and rolled it out as planned - it all started with regurgitating the Seattle story. Dulac is a main cog in the wheel

They basically lied to Mitch, Mason and Kenny

The Steelers disinformation PR media is second to none - I have a close friend who covers the NFL and told me that they had this all queued up and rolled it out as planned - it all started with regurgitating the Seattle story. Dulac is a main cog in the wheel

I thought dulac had a bit of respectability. No more. He is in the same toilet as madden, rossi and yohe. For me I will never listen or read him again.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
And there’s one constant in the entire equation. Medicre Mike
He is teflon. I made a comment on twitter to a media member that tomlin has not more excuses and he got a bit defensive. I said, now he has 2 quarterbacks so if he can't do it, maybe he is the problem.
0 playoff wins in 7 years and 3 in the last 13 with the talent he has had? The guy may be a HOF coach by not having a losing season, but overall for me, he has underachieved

Well, the Steelers at least avoided overpaying Rudolph.

Agree on Tomlin, the “never a losing season” gets him way too much of a pass for not winning in the playoffs.

Agree on Tomlin, the “never a losing season” gets him way too much of a pass for not winning in the playoffs.
I actually think Rudolph would’ve been better than Wilson, Or fields with this particular group. What the Steelers basically were trying to do is label Kenny a back up the same way that they screwed over Mason and had him labeled to back up only because of Mike Tomlin’s incompetence of hiring an offense of coaching staff and developing quarterbacks. If I were Kenny Pickett, I wouldn’t trust this organization with my career, and if I were any quarterback, I wouldn’t trust this organization with my career

He is teflon. I made a comment on twitter to a media member that tomlin has not more excuses and he got a bit defensive. I said, now he has 2 quarterbacks so if he can't do it, maybe he is the problem.
0 playoff wins in 7 years and 3 in the last 13 with the talent he has had? The guy may be a HOF coach by not having a losing season, but overall for me, he has underachieved
Tomlin is a good coach overall but he's also fatally flawed.

He doesn't understand modern offense and he doesn't seem to want to learn.

He hires poorly. Probably as poorly as any NFL coach with a 10 year tenure. Has literally never had a Coordinator that he hired go on to be a HC anywhere. The alternate theory is that he can't develop a coordinator into a HC. Either way, it is a huge indictment.

Extremely stubborn and reluctant to make moves but then takes extreme measures which are often inexplicable (e.g., making Kenny QB3 all offseason in 2022 before throwing him to the wolves as QB1 / benching Chuks for saying something negative but not benching Dan Moore for bad play).

I want that dude gone from the Steelers. He ain't it anymore. If people saw enough to jettison Kenny I have no idea why they continue to defend Tomlin when he literally hasn't done anything since the Obama administration.

I think the QB room is much improved over last season at a lower price. Take a flier on a later round upside candidate like Travis as QB3 and you’re set.

Seems like the Steelers weren’t all that honest to Mason or KP. That’s unfortunate but will be forgotten if the team wins next season.

Seems like the Steelers weren’t all that honest to Mason or KP.
Losing always creates problems, tension, tough personnel decisions etc.

But there does seem to be a lack of straight forward communication in the last year and a half or so , I wonder what changed, hmmm🤔.....

Tomlin is a good coach overall but he's also fatally flawed.

He doesn't understand modern offense and he doesn't seem to want to learn.

He hires poorly. Probably as poorly as any NFL coach with a 10 year tenure. Has literally never had a Coordinator that he hired go on to be a HC anywhere. The alternate theory is that he can't develop a coordinator into a HC. Either way, it is a huge indictment.

Extremely stubborn and reluctant to make moves but then takes extreme measures which are often inexplicable (e.g., making Kenny QB3 all offseason in 2022 before throwing him to the wolves as QB1 / benching Chuks for saying something negative but not benching Dan Moore for bad play).

I want that dude gone from the Steelers. He ain't it anymore. If people saw enough to jettison Kenny I have no idea why they continue to defend Tomlin when he literally hasn't done anything since the Obama administration.

Ben's last year, it seemed like a majority of throws were dump offs to Najee. I thought originally it was because his arm was shot. Then with Pickett it was more of the same, hardly any downfield passing. And then they hire a new OC who really doesn't light things up in the passing game.

So yeah, I think a lot of it falls on Tomlin.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I actually think Rudolph would’ve been better than Wilson, Or fields with this particular group. What the Steelers basically were trying to do is label Kenny a back up the same way that they screwed over Mason and had him labeled to back up only because of Mike Tomlin’s incompetence of hiring an offense of coaching staff and developing quarterbacks. If I were Kenny Pickett, I wouldn’t trust this organization with my career, and if I were any quarterback, I wouldn’t trust this organization with my career
I don't believe for a second Tomlin is up front with all players, just some. He has different rules for different people and has all but admitted that. I fail to see how Kenny got screwed by Tomlin and the Steelers. He just wasn't good enough, in fact, historically bad TD %. That isn't on the offensive line, receivers, running game, or offensive coordinator. That is on the player.

Now that he's in Philadelphia and doesn't have the pressure of starting, I hope he begins to turn his career around and does enough in the backup role to eventually find a starting job elsewhere.

Reactions: Lchertik
I don't think it's so much Tomlin as it is Standard Procedure for the shitshow Pro sports has become. It is why, personally, I stopped watching Pro sports, and the Steelers some years ago. It's not sports, it is a ruthless big business. When the NFL hero worships a Ravens linebacker who killed a guy in a bar that tells you all you need to know. Add to that that, playing in front of the most entitled fans in the league has to be tough. I'm not sure anyone else operates any different. For alot of years, I think the class and ethics of the Rooney's made the Steelers a little different, but those days are long gone. Good luck, Kenny, we'll be rooting for you. Thanks for everything.

Sure - but the main thing missing has been QB play. And I get it, a few true missed opportunities mixed in. But otherwise, it’s not “coaching” when you roll in to play Allen or Mahones with 39 year old Ben or Mason (or what KP will be in the near term)

So fans that complain about that have to be OK with taking QB swings.

What’s frustrating about this topic is no one really knows what happened - they just gravitate to the version they want.

I bet there is nuance to it. Something like “sides directionally thought something like the Mitch deal would work. But before they could sit down, the Russell thing happened”. Now you are looking more like the contract Mason had.

That sucks for Mason. But it isn’t “lying” or “screwing” someone.

The story I had heard was that upon hearing of the moves management was making, Pickett said that next year's QB room would be a competitive bloodbath and there was a genuine fear that this meant homicidal violence would occur....Might be a rumor though..
Lolz. Well done

Dulac is a PissU shill. The entire Stiller organization and coach are nothing but liars. The Stillers knew exactly what they were doing before they traded Kenny and Mason. They handled this about as poorly as anyone could. But the screwed up Pittsburgh media will sugar coat it and slobber all over this corrupt organization. They can have it. I want no parts of anything Stillers.

Dulac is a PissU shill. The entire Stiller organization and coach are nothing but liars. The Stillers knew exactly what they were doing before they traded Kenny and Mason. They handled this about as poorly as anyone could. But the screwed up Pittsburgh media will sugar coat it and slobber all over this corrupt organization. They can have it. I want no parts of anything Stillers.
The Steelers showed themselves to be massive dirtbags and the sports media have blatantly showed themselves to be willing to say whatever they are given to remain an "insider."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT