ADVERTISEMENT

Carr is leaving per Evan Daniels

A school contacting a kid doesn't mean they're all that interested. I know you're not making them up, but none of them are concrete offers or serious. The schools that seem to be in the mix for Carr are Minnesota and Marquette. Neither is very stable or attractive. Michigan has Carr as an option B or option C, if nothing else works out. So forget them. None of the others are probably in the mix.

Stewart has no offers and those are the schools who may or may not have contacted Stewart. But since Stewart can't play defense, I doubt many will have serious interest, at least not the high level ones. I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart ends up at a smaller P5 school or lower.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Both players may end up regretting this. That's why I said they better go somewhere where they can get a real degree in something where they are employable. They won't be playing basketball much longer on any level and they'll need jobs.

Stewart already visited Kansas State obviously they are interested.

Carr is certainly receiving interest from bigger power 5 schools.

Guess we will see where these guys go.

Reactions: gary2
Stewart already visited Kansas State obviously they are interested.

Carr is certainly receiving interest from bigger power 5 schools.

Guess we will see where these guys go.
When did he visit Kansas State? Last year as a recruit? I thought he just met with them last week, but didn't visit.

Stewart and Carr both going to get P5 scholarships, but it doesn't look like they will have many (any?) much better than Pitt, especially when you consider them sitting out next year.

When did he visit Kansas State? Last year as a recruit? I thought he just met with them last week, but didn't visit.

Stewart and Carr both going to get P5 scholarships, but it doesn't look like they will have many (any?) much better than Pitt, especially when you consider them sitting out next year.

Who cares? He’s gone. He can go to Duke or Duquesne for all I care. Arguing about how good or bad he is is no less fruitless and petty than when people did it to Cam.

The next few weeks are going to be exciting and interesting, if you're a Pitt basketball fan and like recruiting. Capel and his staff are working their tails off to get the high level guys. And they're going to get some.

Who cares? He’s gone. He can go to Duke or Duquesne for all I care. Arguing about how good or bad he is is no less fruitless and petty than when people did it to Cam.
I think it is interesting to see what their options are and what success they have. You don't have to discuss it, if you don't want to.

If he is going I think he should just announce his intentions.

I'm not going to hold it against him. If you want to go, go.

Both Carr and Stewart made huge mistakes and they'll have to live with that. I doubt we ever hear of them again.

Haven't heard much about Stewart, only that some schools reached out and he recently met with K State. Worse case scenario is that he plays for his old man.

Seems like OSU and Michigan are not prioritizing Carr, but I could be wrong.

Haven't heard much about Stewart, only that some schools reached out and he recently met with K State. Worse case scenario is that he plays for his old man.

Seems like OSU and Michigan are not prioritizing Carr, but I could be wrong.

I think OSU and Michigan have both moved on from Carr. They are getting other guys now.

Interest shown by a school doesn't necessarily translate into an offer. I think you're right. Stewart will probably end up playing for his dad.

Either way, we'll be better off with better players coming in.

-Seeya Carr. You got recruited over and we hardly knew ya. Stewart, your spot is getting taken soon too. Better players are coming.

Reactions: PittCity
I honestly dont get the bitterness towards these kids. They made a decision that they think is in their best interest, which is what you would encourage your son to do. While I dont necessarily agree with their decision (I think there is a lot of value in staying and playing for Capel) I respect it. At the same time while I dont wish them ill will, I really could care less where they end up and how well they do (It will be interesting to see how their career pans out).

Like football, Im more interested in who stays and more importantly who Capel recruits. Based on the latest recruit, I'd say the future looks much better today that it did when KS was here.

I honestly dont get the bitterness towards these kids. They made a decision that they think is in their best interest, which is what you would encourage your son to do. While I dont necessarily agree with their decision (I think there is a lot of value in staying and playing for Capel) I respect it. At the same time while I dont wish them ill will, I really could care less where they end up and how well they do (It will be interesting to see how their career pans out).

Like football, Im more interested in who stays and more importantly who Capel recruits. Based on the latest recruit, I'd say the future looks much better today that it did when KS was here.
My only beef is either stay or go and quit becoming the drama queen. They want to continue to workout and hang out at the gym but won’t make a definitive decision. I would tell them the gym etc is off limits until u decide if ur staying or not. But then again I couldn’t or wouldn’t manage people like that.

My only beef is either stay or go and quit becoming the drama queen. They want to continue to workout and hang out at the gym but won’t make a definitive decision. I would tell them the gym etc is off limits until u decide if ur staying or not. But then again I couldn’t or wouldn’t manage people like that.

Eh thats Capel's call.........and I'd add, I think its better to treat these kids well, or at least not show any bitterness because you dont want these kids bad mouthing the program on the way out. Sort of like not burning bridges. Also I dont see any of them being drama queens. Its an important decision so I can appreciate them taking their time. I havnt heard any of them saying anything that could be construed as being a drama queen

Reactions: NCanton Panther

Look at it like this....

You rented a home. You’re paid up until the lease ends. Let’s say end of month. You’ve followed the lease (went to class, played the season, finishing the semester) but you haven’t decided if you are going to renew. Your landlord can’t kick you out! The kids have already paid for this until the end of spring semester

Look at it like this....

You rented a home. You’re paid up until the lease ends. Let’s say end of month. You’ve followed the lease (went to class, played the season, finishing the semester) but you haven’t decided if you are going to renew. Your landlord can’t kick you out! The kids have already paid for this until the end of spring semester

Yeah, I don't see what Pitt would gain by treating them harshly on their way out. You'd just look petty.

These guys went through a year of work and preparation, expecting to do their best, which I think they did. I never saw them giving up or throwing in the towel. They were repaid with criticism and Bronx cheers. Personally, I think they would have been better off staying, but, if they are successful somewhere else, good for them. It isn't the first time, remember a guy named Joe Flacco, his move paid off. He wasn't happy on the bench, but Delaware gave him an opportunity.

Actually, from what I've been told, Carr hasn't been in in quite some time. Not sure about Stewart and Luther.

Last edited:
Reactions: blasey
Yeah, so things didn't work out too well for him and those kind of schools is essentially exactly what was predicted on here for Stewart. Hilarious hoopsguy72 were making predictions like he would end up at a place like UNC or Duke and that he would even get around ACC rules to go there.

Carr has fewer options and they are a notch below.

I wish we could have kept both, but it is what it is and I imagine both are going to have average to below average careers wherever they end up, after sitting out a season.

The gym and the training should clearly be for members of Pitt basketball. They are no longer members of Pitt basketball. Their scholarship will of course be honored and so they will get fees, food, academic support, etc. but they left the team, so they shouldn't get the team training and facility benefits.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Huh??

Maryland, Kansas State, and Oregon are all a step up from Pitt right now.
Yes, they are, but not by a significant stretch and he now has to sit out a season. There were predictions and chest pounding about him getting UK, KU, MSU, UNC, and Duke interest/offers and that any and every school would want him. We aren't even sure he has spots at those 3 solid programs AND he has to sit out and get recruited over. That is an enormous part of the equation.

With just a few more top 100 recruits, plus Stewart as a JR with Brown, Pitt could easily be on par with those programs by the time he would play at those other schools and he would solidify his spot and role at Pitt, whereas he may never gain a role at another school.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to UTM and spins it as going to play for his Dad (and to be eligible right away), but really he wasn't a priority for those other schools and maybe didn't even really have them as options.

I don’t remember reading that, not saying it wasn’t written.

I DO remember a certain imbecile saying he wasn’t going to get any power offers. Which is untrue

Reactions: gary2
I don’t remember reading that, not saying it wasn’t written.

I DO remember a certain imbecile saying he wasn’t going to get any power offers. Which is untrue
I don't remember the latter, but it certainly may have happened.

There was literally a thread created about him getting blue blood interest as soon as Stallings was gone and how many offers he was going to get. And, of course, hoopsguy72 was all over the place saying the same.

Has Carr signed his NBA deal yet? I watched him play and candidly, I don't see much upside to his game.
I don't think he would start for any ACC team or for half the teams in the NEC.
I'm not trashing the kid, but were I him, I would find a school that offered me a shot at a useful degree.
Because his basketball future is finite to the tune of 3 more years.

Has Carr signed his NBA deal yet? I watched him play and candidly, I don't see much upside to his game.
I'm not trashing the kid, but were I him, I would find a school that offered me a shot at a useful degree.

The same can be said for all than about 10-15 college hoopsters in each college recruit class. Each year, perhaps another 15-20 or so (a guess) might make the NBA D-league or get to play overseas for money. That being said, it is far from making you a bad player if you don't get to play for money after college. IMHO, Carr is clearly good enough for significant PT at the right school and might even have even the potential to make money overseas (it is too early to tell about that option).

Actually, I think you are trashing the kid.

Actually, I think you are trashing the kid.
I'm not. Truth is a defense and suggesting his get a college degree somewhere has been missing from every post on him.
You sure didn't.
If he were that good, he would not have waited so long nor would he still be waiting.
At some point in life we all must face the realities of our limited skill sets.
I had my sights set on being a major league baseball player. Then I faced guys with really good curve balls and poof....
I didn't comment on the content of his character. I restricted it to basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT