ADVERTISEMENT

Doubleheader Today - Starting at 1

Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to try to play two today, because if the weather guessers are right there is no way they would be able to play tomorrow.

Would like to take 2 today with a good start from Corcoran in Game 2 h2p!

The baseball team is nationally ranked and in contention to potentially host a regional. So why are we sending our announcers and multiple cameras over to the softball games?

The baseball team is nationally ranked and in contention to potentially host a regional. So why are we sending our announcers and multiple cameras over to the softball games?
It is awful. You can’t even see where the ball is hit.

It’s 1-0 Pitt after 3 and I have no idea how. And I’m watching the game. No announcers and the scoreboard doesn’t show if there are base runners.

BC just tied it up on a HR and you can only tell because they watched the guy run around the bases.

People should email Borghetti and Lyke about this. It is billed as an ACC Network Extra broadcast. If this is the ACC Network, what use is it.

Pitt having a bad top of the 4th. HR. Walk. Stolen base. Infield hit for 1st and 3rd. Perfect DP ball. Yanni wild throw. 2-1 BC.

It’s 1-0 Pitt after 3 and I have no idea how. And I’m watching the game. No announcers and the scoreboard doesn’t show if there are base runners.

BC just tied it up on a HR and you can only tell because they watched the guy run around the bases.

People should email Borghetti and Lyke about this. It is billed as an ACC Network Extra broadcast. If this is the ACC Network, what use is it.
I just emailed AD Lyke. Send me a private message and I’ll provide you the email.

So I just spent one of the most exasperating hours of my life on the phone with ESPN Plus technical support.

ESPN Plus provides the streaming service for the ACC Network, the SEC Network and others to stream all of the games that aren’t shown on the main network channel. You have to have a cable or internet provider which carries the ACC Network to view them. I know that is a problem for some in Pittsburgh, but I have DirecTV which carries it.

So, I have been able to watch the ACC Network Extra programming through my ESPN Plus app diff two seasons. My smart TV has the ESPN App on it, I programmed my account info in it, and I watch. Usually with a lot of buffering because I have poor internet service.

Today, I turned it on to watch the baseball game. I got a message that the broadcast is not part of my broadcast package. I tried turning on the FSU game. Same message. I went to the ESPN Plus app in my phone which has the same subscriber info. Got the game. Am I content watching it in a 6 inch screen with no announcers. No. So I call ESPN Plus app tech support. Spent a full hour with them. Talked to 5 people. No reasonable explanation. They say they aren’t responsible for the broadcasts by the ACC Network. I said you broadcast them. They denied that. I said I’m watching the program right now in your app on my phone. They didn’t believe me. I sent them a screen shot of the broadcast in PIP on the app so under it you can see the programming options which includes the game.

They transfer me to a supervisor. He says they aren’t responsible for any problems with any broadcasts except ESPN. We dance around again. Why can I see it in my phone? Why can’t I see it on my TV? It’s not our responsibility. Call the ACC Network.

I do. I Google ACC Network phone number. “If you just need to talk to a real person, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-447-7667.” I dial. I get a message saying their voicemail is full. Please try back later.

I cast my phone image to my TV. Now I am watching it on my 49” TV. I could have done that an hour ago, but I wanted an answer as to why all of a sudden after two years I can’t watch the ACC Network Plus programming on my TV app. I still don’t have one and doubt if I ever will.

Jordan Anderson squeeze bunt ties it 3-3 in bottom of the 8th. Runner on 2d with 2 out. Sky Duff doubles him home. Pitt leads 4-3.

So I just spent one of the most exasperating hours of my life on the phone with ESPN Plus technical support.

A couple weeks ago I couldn't watch a game on my computer. So I sent their online tech support a message. They ask me what browser I am using. I say Firefox, I always use Firefox. Well Edge (I think it was Edge) is their preferred browser. I said I really don't care what you prefer, it has always worked on Firefox before and it's not now, what have you changed? Oh, we didn't do anything. Well then why isn't it working? And then they proceeded to give me the old line about clearing my cache and relogging into their system and that would solve the problem. Which is what someone who has no idea what the real problem is tells you to try to get you to go away.

And it worked, because eventually I just gave up and did something else. Which is probably not the outcome that the people who run ESPN would want.

Reactions: mike412
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT