ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can promise you that it would be highly unlikely if he DIDN'T have a team meeting if there were a fight or a hazing situation taking place.

Here's the deal. Eric more than likely spoke his mind and it didn't sit well with the administration. He's a good dude. He's professional. He's one of the most impressive people in the coaching ranks. He's not going to sacrifice everything he's built on extremely minor incidents. When these "incidents" were brought up, he countered with if you're going to hold me accountable for these situations, are you holding the HS principal accountable in the same way? He spoke his mind as an Alpha and it didn't sit well with the Beta's. They felt threatened because he had everything going for him - immense success on and off the field, players excelling in the classroom, major respect with parents and players not to mention other coaches both locally and nationally, and he's beyond competent for the position.

It's not so easy to vote the board all out at once. Only a few are up for election.
If the view of an alpha is “it’s not my job” to excuse not intervening
Well we disagree

Reactions: Ski11585
Wait a minute. So Kasperowicz got let go because he wanted his players to sign a loyalty commitment letter to not party and go the Aerosmith show in Houston and chastised the star QB for hanging around those types, don't think he hasn't noticed?

Coach.jpg
Alright
Alright
Alright

It's not so easy to vote the board all out at once. Only a few are up for election.
This is the only recourse. The vacated seat and 3 others are up for election this year, and the 5 others aren't up until 2023, unless they resign.

I suggest some of the administration brush up their resumes because there will ultimately be changes once the board is flipped. This process is not sitting well with anyone, and its a lot more than just losing a football coach.

I think you incorrectly credited him for rich kids doing well in the classroom.

I don't know the guy but to me, he seems like every other gym/Social Studies teacher/WPIAL coach. I doubt he spent much time addressing these situations. He's that old school tough guy type and honestly, I doubt he even cares much if his players were doing the same things he and his teammates did in HS.
Well, I am not sure what any coach has to with classroom performance l, other than motivating some kids to go to school.
Nor do I think academic accomplishments of coaching staffs matter. However, I bet one thing that really pissed off the board is that the most educated person in the district was the QB coach.

If the view of an alpha is “it’s not my job” to excuse not intervening
Well we disagree
Cherry picking words without context is chicken shit. This isn't a political campaign add.

Fact remains that there isn't a single parent or kid corroborating any of this. In fact, the parents of the kid they're using as a scapegoat have come out in full support of the coach and staff.

This is the only recourse. The vacated seat and 3 others are up for election this year, and the 5 others aren't up until 2023, unless they resign.

I suggest some of the administration brush up their resumes because there will ultimately be changes once the board is flipped. This process is not sitting well with anyone, and its a lot more than just losing a football coach.
My hunch is you’re greatly overestimating the outrage
If you actually think outside of sending tweets people are going to make a multi year commitment to serving in the school board just to protest a football coach not being extended
I’d say it would be unusual

What exactly is he settling? He re-applied for his job but a settlement indicates that he’s expecting each party to go their separate ways.
No. He has a defamation action he could file. It would almost certainly get past summary judgment and to a jury.
The school district will pay a $hatload in legal fee$ (even with insurance).
By doing this now, K is putting PR in a spot. Do they risk legal fees, increased insurance costs and public relations nightmare...
OR...
Do they stroke a check?
K is not going to coach there again. Time to make money.

If you actually think outside of sending tweets people are going to make a multi year commitment to serving in the school board just to protest a football coach not being extended
Let me tell you a little story. Back in the 70s my school had a very successful old school guy coaching the football and basketball programs. Back then you could only carry so many kids on the hoops team and this coach had to cut a kid who was the son of a prominent member of the community. The father ran for school board and won. A year later some things happened that were used against this coach and he was fired. Then a few days later I ran in to this board member and the local gym. He looked me in the eye and told me that he handed in his resignation. He flat out told me he accomplished what he set out to do. Get rid of the coach that cut his son. I lost all respect for a man who couldn't even finish his term on the board. Make no mistake. This shit happens everywhere. Local politics can get real nasty with small people who revel in their little areas of power.

Let me tell you a little story. Back in the 70s my school had a very successful old school guy coaching the football and basketball programs. Back then you could only carry so many kids on the hoops team and this coach had to cut a kid who was the son of a prominent member of the community. The father ran for school board and won. A year later some things happened that were used against this coach and he was fired. Then a few days later I ran in to this board member and the local gym. He looked me in the eye and told me that he handed in his resignation. He flat out told me he accomplished what he set out to do. Get rid of the coach that cut his son. I lost all respect for a man who couldn't even finish his term on the board. Make no mistake. This shit happens everywhere. Local politics can get real nasty with small people who revel in their little areas of power.
Yes. This is one reason why little towns and little school districts still exist, especially in PA and Western PA in particular. Everyone has their own little fiefdom of which they have some power. It is not the right reason, but it is the reason why. Allegheny County has more municipalities than any other county in the country! Think of that. Then these small districts, in rural areas I understand. But school districts like say Cornell, Springdale, Riverview, Jeannette, Leechburg, they really shouldn't exist. But that is another subject and I would be hijacking a thread, which is never done here.

A couple of thoughts -

Will be very interesting to see where Kasper lands. Totten might be close to retiring. What are North Catholic and North Hills coaching situations? Can you imagine if he lands at a private school? I know several schools would absolutely fear seeing Kasper show up as specific schools. Say he landed at Woody High. PCC/Gateway immediately take a step backwards.

There has been an outpouring of support from not just WPIAL coaches but statewide and out of state coaches for Kasper. However, I've noticed a few somewhat prominent smaller school HC's have been very silent on social media in their support of Kasper. Would they take a chance and put their name in Pine Richland sweepstakes. If PR continues their trend of deemphasizing football, I doubt they would be a candidate for the job.
North Catholic has a very successful football coach.
They compete a couple of classifications below Pine Richland. They are very successful competing against fixed enrollment/geographically bound public schools.
They don't have a home field. They play home games at Mars HS or a field in a park some place.
Doubt he winds up there. Makes no sense.

It might take him a couple of years to find a landing spot.

I can promise you that it would be highly unlikely if he DIDN'T have a team meeting if there were a fight or a hazing situation taking place.

Here's the deal. Eric more than likely spoke his mind and it didn't sit well with the administration. He's a good dude. He's professional. He's one of the most impressive people in the coaching ranks. He's not going to sacrifice everything he's built on extremely minor incidents. When these "incidents" were brought up, he countered with if you're going to hold me accountable for these situations, are you holding the HS principal accountable in the same way? He spoke his mind as an Alpha and it didn't sit well with the Beta's. They felt threatened because he had everything going for him - immense success on and off the field, players excelling in the classroom, major respect with parents and players not to mention other coaches both locally and nationally, and he's beyond competent for the position.

So your theory is that he got his kids to excel in the classroom but couldn't/didn't convince them to stop hazing in the football locker room?

I stated in an earlier post that North Catholic would be the perfect spot for Kasper. Mars, NA, SV, and PR are all growing areas and close by. The kids that are angry with PR could transfer to NC. He could build a powerhouse and exact justice on the people who tried to railroad him at the same time.
Perhaps you're not aware of this, but NC isn't free. Since school choice is offensive to "woke" parents, it won't be that easy. He's ready for a college job. 4-5 years in a small school, then FCS.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
I would be willing to bet that is a very misleading statement put out by the school. Hence, he had no issue releasing the letter.

I'd also be willing to bet if shit hit the fan, you'd have no issue being stuck in a foxhole with Kasper.
My statement has to do with your silly alpha male rhetoric as related to the content in your own post about him ducking responsibility and accountability for what happens on his watch under his supervision .
That’s the opposite of being an alpha
It’s very beta to rationalize

he hasn’t fired - he didn’t get a new contract
His options are limited
This is public performance art nothing more

if he feels he was wronged he has ways to address it privately - but as noted - without being fired he’s not getting an arbitration hearing and he has no entitlement to be renewed

he can reapply for his job which he won’t get .
He can file a lawsuit which he’ll have to demonstrate damages - which Means he won’t be hired elsewhere because of their public comments - which is also unlikely

so what’s left is filing a suit and hoping for a settlement because it’s cheaper for the school.

tell me how alpha these moves are again?

i have a bit of experience in fighting a much larger institution than his school and winning .
Even the win in only temporary and you aren’t getting rehired because they have long memories

Perhaps you're not aware of this, but NC isn't free. Since school choice is offensive to "woke" parents, it won't be that easy. He's ready for a college job. 4-5 years in a small school, then FCS.
It’s not free because it’s a private school who charges tuition

they could easily choose to be a choice as a public school be they elected to select their own students instead

woke has nothing to do with it

Oh, no. Woody High needed to keep FB in Turtle Creek to get one high school merger approved. People would absolutely run for the school board to change coaches. However, this doesn’t seem to be much about football, and more about removing toxic leadership. Somehow, I doubt this is the only small-minded, horrible decision the leadership has made.

Oh, no. Woody High needed to keep FB in Turtle Creek to get one high school merger approved. People would absolutely run for the school board to change coaches. However, this doesn’t seem to be much about football, and more about removing toxic leadership. Somehow, I doubt this is the only small-minded, horrible decision the leadership has made.
The superintendent was very unpopular before this occurred. This has just raised that level ten fold.

My statement has to do with your silly alpha male rhetoric as related to the content in your own post about him ducking responsibility and accountability for what happens on his watch under his supervision .
That’s the opposite of being an alpha
It’s very beta to rationalize

he hasn’t fired - he didn’t get a new contract
His options are limited
This is public performance art nothing more

if he feels he was wronged he has ways to address it privately - but as noted - without being fired he’s not getting an arbitration hearing and he has no entitlement to be renewed

he can reapply for his job which he won’t get .
He can file a lawsuit which he’ll have to demonstrate damages - which Means he won’t be hired elsewhere because of their public comments - which is also unlikely

so what’s left is filing a suit and hoping for a settlement because it’s cheaper for the school.

tell me how alpha these moves are again?

i have a bit of experience in fighting a much larger institution than his school and winning .
Even the win in only temporary and you aren’t getting rehired because they have long memories

What hazing occurred? What fights occurred? I'm not sure what PR's policy is on fighting, but in many districts, it's an automatic charge. Why didn't PR file charges in either case? They have a legal responsibility for hazing and in most cases "fighting." Why have parents hired legal advice in this situation?

Why would he continue to get his contract renewed over and over again? It would be very interesting to see what his end of the season evaluations said. If "fighting" and "hazing" were such a norm, the school is seriously liable in putting students' in harms way year after year.

In terms of you and your past experiences.. Sports are a different animal no matter what level. No disrespect, but you're a pharmacist. UPMC could replace you in the blink of an eye and no one on the outside would wink. However, as crazy at it is, if a famous football coach at some rinky dink 1 light town high school was fired, all hell breaks loose.

We have so many instances of questionable characters being hired/fired/rehired in this industry it's not uncommon. Look no further then the famous George Curry. He left on very bad terms with Berwick only to be rehired after a new administration/board took place a few years later. Google Rush Probst....

Same with Mars. Same with South Fayette.
When I moved to West A in the early 90s, you could drive through South Fayette and never lose sight of a cow or a horse. One farm's two pastures flanked the road, and sometimes you had to wait for ol' Bessie to lead the girls across to the barn. Now it's all new housing. Much of it upscale.

Reactions: bwh05
The less there is to fight over the more ruthless the battle.

Reactions: Ski11585

Wait wait wait. Are you actually using alpha and beta seriously here?

Or, you could call it educated people who want their district run in a professional way. Not sure why you feel the need to interject race into it, but hey, that's how you roll.
A lot of educated people don't really give a rat's behind who coaches their district's football team

I'm curious about the WH and Turtle Creek location story.
The Woodland Hills merger was a two-step process. First, one district was formed. This was done by court order. The big concern was the usual us, them, other, wealth, etc. Next, three high schools became one. This wasn’t court ordered. The biggest concern was kids ‘losing’ their starting jobs. Who would coach? Should he play favorites? No cut policy and a new AD/ coach were the solutions. Also, Turtle Creek losing High School football was massive and caused tears at least one board meeting. Alas, the Wolverina was born. Worked out well. Could hold 10,000. Having the 130 FB players + coaches, trainers, etc there opened up plenty of room at the high school for the cross country, soccer, band, pre-season camps.

Reactions: jtbuba
North Catholic has a very successful football coach.
They compete a couple of classifications below Pine Richland. They are very successful competing against fixed enrollment/geographically bound public schools.
They don't have a home field. They play home games at Mars HS or a field in a park some place.
Doubt he winds up there. Makes no sense.

It might take him a couple of years to find a landing spot.
Butler.

What percentage of people living in the district have kids in school? What percentage of those have kids that play on the football team? The majority of voters living in the district don't care about the football team.

Do you live here? Do you pay taxes here? Do your kids go to school here? Do you know anything about the administration or how people feel towards certain people in it?

Like I mentioned before, worry about Johnstown. You're another who is uninformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT