ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he got in trouble because a former student who's now in his 20s was making comments like: "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."
I said this today. I used this line. I was getting gas, and my god there was this unbelievably cute girl pumping gas. And I totally thought of the Wooderson line, the best thing about HS girls, no matter how old I get, they stay the same age.

And no showers. Everyone stands in a line wearing swimwear and gets hosed off.
Years ago, Freeport played at Pine Richland, before they became the Hamptons!
That night, the remnants of a hurricane rolled through. Rained buckets. The game was like playing under a fire hose.
The kids were so muddy, they had to hose them off before they let them into the locker room.
That was before they built that incredible stadium.
Just plain old grass field, that was pure mud that night.
My son still says it was the most fun game he ever played in.

That night, the remnants of a hurricane rolled through. Rained buckets. The game was like playing under a fire hose.
The kids were so muddy, they had to hose them off before they let them into the locker room.
The funny thing is, that field is still active somewhat. The P-R middle school and freshman teams play there along with the youth program. What years did your son play?

My hunch is you’re greatly overestimating the outrage
If you actually think outside of sending tweets people are going to make a multi year commitment to serving in the school board just to protest a football coach not being extended
I’d say it would be unusual

Just because you are in PPS where no one gets outrage at corruption, doesn't mean other school districts are as easy going about it.

Reactions: BFo8
What percentage of people living in the district have kids in school? What percentage of those have kids that play on the football team? The majority of voters living in the district don't care about the football team.

Again you view this as a football issue. It is not! It is an ethics/corruption/abuse of power issue. Just because football is the vehicle that made it visible, does not make it a football issue. The football part of this, is jus one small part of it all.

Wrong. If this didn’t involve the football coach, it wouldn’t be a issue.

So your saying football matters to the people in that community then! I think you need to make up your own mind because you don't seem to know what you want to say let alone know it all.

Again football made it visible, but the real issue is corruption/ethics/abuse of power.

So your saying football matters to the people in that community then! I think you need to make up your own mind because you don't seem to know what you want to say let alone know it all.

Again football made it visible, but the real issue is corruption/ethics/abuse of power.
So the school is doing well despite that corruption ?
And the only manifestation of “corruption “ was a coach not getting a contract extension ?
Weird
Or is it perhaps you only think it’s corruption because the coach wasn’t renewed ?

It’s only an issue to a handful of football fans.

I find it hilarious you view a coach not getting another contract as an exercise in corruption
Really, you still don't understand the issue?

All the district had to do was open the job.

Instead, because they knew they would receive heat they started an investigation and made it appear that there was hazing , etc. going on to some extreme amount, when they never called in the police, can't find corroboration, in fact the opposite from a lot of players, and the family of the main student involved feels it has been used as part of the ruse. That is the issue, yes, the public knows about it because he is a coach, but the real problem is the attempted character assassination by the admin. just to remove heat from themselves. These are your kind of people?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikefln
That was the old field right off of Bakerstown Rd right? Yeah, never played there cause Highlands was much bigger, but ran that track many of times in High School. It is amazing, I mean Richland was more rural than Freeport, or Deer Lakes. Now it is Fox Chapel North.

I find it hilarious you view a coach not getting another contract as an exercise in corruption
Holy hyperbole
No I am calling the smear campaign they employed to do so as an abuse of power, what is an aspect of corruption.

Like I said you should worry about your highly corrupted district. One where the sup went to Cuba where he went skydiving and other excursions on the tax payer dime. Also moved the cap and gown contract to a florida company st a higher cost than the local company. Also one where the teachers have worked over a year without a contract because the administration and board won't take action. Take your higher than thou crap somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeypitt
That was the old field right off of Bakerstown Rd right? Yeah, never played there cause Highlands was much bigger, but ran that track many of times in High School. It is amazing, I mean Richland was more rural than Freeport, or Deer Lakes. Now it is Fox Chapel North.

That was the old Richland HS, which is now Richland Elementary.

No I am calling the smear campaign they employed to do so as an abuse of power, what is an aspect of corruption.

Like I said you should worry about your highly corrupted district. One where the sup went to Cuba where he went skydiving and other excursions on the tax payer dime. Also moved the cap and gown contract to a florida company st a higher cost than the local company. Also one where the teachers have worked over a year without a contract because the administration and board won't take action. Take your higher than thou crap somewhere else.
There is no higher than thou crap

I’m commenting on your perception of corruption and abuse of power - about a football coach not getting a new contract- which I find laughable

they didn’t smear him- they answered the question posed why he wasn’t extended .
Only after being asked the questions and the coach making it public
The school no commented on the personnel manner as they should
yet you likewise have opinions on pps despite no vested interests .
Without a shred of self awareness

when does the insurrection start in pine township ?

Souf has a very screwed up view of a lot of things, and he still thinks that real estate values in some city districts are more than what anyone can get in areas like PR, Marshall, Wexford, Franklin Park, Gibsonia. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere near a city school, just because of the inferiority of the education compared to a district like PR or NA. I think they're into this "equity" stuff where you degrade and dilute the level of education the kids get while ignoring kids who achieve and educating with the least common denominator as the rule. They dumb it down to make it "inclusive".

Souf doesn't have any room to brag at all about his schools and where he lives. But that's his choice to live there, so that's on him and is his mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
There is no higher than thou crap

I’m commenting on your perception of corruption and abuse of power - about a football coach not getting a new contract- which I find laughable

they didn’t smear him- they answered the question posed why he wasn’t extended .
Only after being asked the questions and the coach making it public
The school no commented on the personnel manner as they should
yet you likewise have opinions on pps despite no vested interests .
Without a shred of self awareness

when does the insurrection start in pine township ?

He is right about PPS though. At least part of the school board and the superintendent are corrupt. I lived there and saw how it was all allowed to happen. Disgusting.

If Gainey wins the election, Pittsburgh is on its way to being Baltimore.

Souf has a very screwed up view of a lot of things, and he still thinks that real estate values in some city districts are more than what anyone can get in areas like PR, Marshall, Wexford, Franklin Park, Gibsonia. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere near a city school, just because of the inferiority of the education compared to a district like PR or NA. I think they're into this "equity" stuff where you degrade and dilute the level of education the kids get while ignoring kids who achieve and educating with the least common denominator as the rule. They dumb it down to make it "inclusive".

Souf doesn't have any room to brag at all about his schools and where he lives. But that's his choice to live there, so that's on him and is his mistake.
No mistake I love pittsburgh and my son’s school Dilworth

my son would do well at any school but his teachers and and principal are second to none .

cheers

He is right about PPS though. At least part of the school board and the superintendent are corrupt. I lived there and saw how it was all allowed to happen. Disgusting.

You got that right. Pittsburgh is already on its way to being Baltimore, thanks to the corrupt politicians. I'm so thankful I don't live in the city and have the resources to live elsewhere.

Interesting you have a problem with Gainey
Why ?
Which pa state representatives do you prefer ?

No mistake I love pittsburgh and my son’s school Dilworth

my son would do well at any school but his teachers and and principal are second to none .

cheers

Well, good luck to your son wherever he goes to school. I believe that all children deserve the best education and opportunity to excel and be challenged that they can get. Unfortunately, Dilworth gets poor marks for academic progress year to year, compared to other city schools, which isn't very good either. I hope your son's experience doesn't reflect Dilworth's reputation and historical results.

Well, good luck to your son wherever he goes to school. I believe that all children deserve the best education and opportunity to excel and be challenged that they can get. Unfortunately, Dilworth gets poor marks for academic progress year to year, compared to other city schools, which isn't very good either. I hope your son's experience doesn't reflect Dilworth's reputation and historical results.
You’re mistaken on this topic as well

If I recall correctly, H2P1985 is in the NA district. NA's elementary schools basically wipe the floor with the rest of the state. So his frame of reference and somebody else's frame of reference are going to be different.

When our after school academic programs compete against and beat a NA school it's usually a big deal. I tease my kids and call them "nerd games." We're getting better, but NA just dominates everyone. It's a competitive culture in academics, and similar to how they are in athletics.

Which comes back to this thread, there's no reason you can't have both. Which is what people in PR want. You don't wreck a successful athletic program because of personal dislikes. The only way the admin could get rid of Kasper (and hope to survive) was to make shit up. Well, it didn't work because everyone knows it's BS.

People who act this way don't deserve to be in charge of a school district. It's that simple.

Good. Let’s integrate Pine Richland. Fire up the buses.

What exactly is your point?
I would suggest The point is the school performance isn’t because of better teachers -
I’d suggest if say if schools simply swapped teachers and administrators the outcomes would be unchanged
Likewise if the students swapped places pine would score much lower and pps much higher -
Because as most reasonable people understand that city and even rural areas schools score lower because of lack of parental support and poverty creating barriers to success for kids

which is why when you actually dig into the demographic data to compare apples to apples - kids succeed at schools based on 80% of factors outside of the actual school

Reactions: Parkview57
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT