ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Spanier, tenured faculty member

djbpitt

Sophomore
Jun 28, 2001
This week's stories on Graham Spanier having to report to jail note that he is still a tenured faculty member at Penn State. What kind of a dysfunctional, misguided, poorly prioritized place lets him keep his credentials? Ick.

This week's stories on Graham Spanier having to report to jail note that he is still a tenured faculty member at Penn State. What kind of a dysfunctional, misguided, poorly prioritized place lets him keep his credentials? Ick.
He will teach ethics and criminal justice upon his release.

Reactions: djbpitt
The guy was convicted of endangering children and continues to be paid as a teacher of children. He will also be granted work release from prison so he can continue teaching kids. They fired the football coach who reported the incident but not the person who received the report and is ultimately responsible. How does he pass a background check and get an Act 33/34 clearance. Is he getting paid to just sit at home?

Last edited:
The guy was convicted of endangering children and continues to be paid as a teacher of children. He will also be granted work release from prison so he can continue teaching kids. They fired the football coach who reported the incident but not the person who received the report and is ultimately responsible. How does he pass a background check and get an Act 33/34 clearance. Is he getting paid to just sit at home?
Who knows. Maybe those in charge are sympathetic to child molestation.

Reactions: Macchiato
Penn state isn’t a state run university.
Like Pitt it is a “state related” university

I misspoke. State run and state associated. And while I'm at it, if the school or any of their supporting non profit agencies receive gov funds... No tenure.

Being tenured doesn't make him invincible. They can remove him for "adequate cause". But to do that, they would have to admit that he committed an act of "grave misconduct" or is being relieved of his tenure on the basis of failings of "moral turpitude" so that would be interesting if it happened.

Being tenured doesn't make him invincible. They can remove him for "adequate cause". But to do that, they would have to admit that he committed an act of "grave misconduct" or is being relieved of his tenure on the basis of failings of "moral turpitude" so that would be interesting if it happened.

I find it amazing they would keep a convicted enabler of child abuse on staff and continue to provide him employment on work release. He is not legally allowed to be in any campus buildings as his conviction will not permit him an Act 33/34 clearance. He was the reason these laws were passed and somehow they don't apply to him. He should be dressed in orange and cleaning highways. A fish rots from the head down. What a cesspool!!!

Close to invincible. Same thing with unions. They should not protect the bad apples. A few years ago a railroad company fired an employee for sh*ting on the train and then wiping it on the windows for his boss to see. They fired him.... But guess what... The union got his job back for him.

I'm not against unions. I'm against stupidity and having no common sense. Spanier should not keep his tenure or be getting paid as an employee after his disgusting decisions.

Reactions: Parkview57
2 months for helping to coverup pedophile charges against a football coach.

They are ...... Enabler U!

And yet, they out recruit us by a city mile. When all this was going down is when dummy Pederson decided to fire Wanny, who was recruiting pretty damn good that last year, and bottom out the program, we never took advantage of these sick enablers, and once again , they are skating free.

And yet, they out recruit us by a city mile. When all this was going down is when dummy Pederson decided to fire Wanny, who was recruiting pretty damn good that last year, and bottom out the program, we never took advantage of these sick enablers, and once again , they are skating free.
They are a football school with a diploma mill....they should out recruit Pitt.

Close to invincible. Same thing with unions. They should not protect the bad apples. A few years ago a railroad company fired an employee for sh*ting on the train and then wiping it on the windows for his boss to see. They fired him.... But guess what... The union got his job back for him.

I'm not against unions. I'm against stupidity and having no common sense. Spanier should not keep his tenure or be getting paid as an employee after his disgusting decisions.
I don't think this is the same thing as a union. In this case, I believe the faculty Senate, not the University, would have to move something forward but don't quote me on that. If there was a will, it would happen.

They are a football school with a diploma mill....they should out recruit Pitt.

I was wondering does having a Pitt degree or a PSU degree in same field get you on avg more salary per year ? I am not so sure especially once outside the local area.....The football mill stuff seems to be a straw man especially these days, as a degree can be achieved online from about anywhere and it gets you the job as most other colleges or universities would.

I was wondering does having a Pitt degree or a PSU degree in same field get you on avg more salary per year ? I am not so sure especially once outside the local area.....The football mill stuff seems to be a straw man especially these days, as a degree can be achieved online from about anywhere and it gets you the job as most other colleges or universities would.
Depends on the field obviously. If you want to save humans, go to Pitt, if you want to save animals, go to enabler u

Reactions: USN_Panther
Semi-related but I tuned into Zeise the other night and he had some guy on peddling a conspiracy theory questioning the validity of the entire scandal. At one point, this guy said something to the effect that the boy in the shower with Sandusky wasn't 10 but instead 14 (I could be getting specifics wrong but that was the general point). Turned off the radio. Done with the Fan (or at least PZ's show) for good. Shameful they give a voice to such people. Did anyone else hear it or am I starting to imagine things in my middle age?

Semi-related but I tuned into Zeise the other night and he had some guy on peddling a conspiracy theory questioning the validity of the entire scandal. At one point, this guy said something to the effect that the boy in the shower with Sandusky wasn't 10 but instead 14 (I could be getting specifics wrong but that was the general point).
As if that would exonerate him?

Semi-related but I tuned into Zeise the other night and he had some guy on peddling a conspiracy theory questioning the validity of the entire scandal. At one point, this guy said something to the effect that the boy in the shower with Sandusky wasn't 10 but instead 14 (I could be getting specifics wrong but that was the general point). Turned off the radio. Done with the Fan (or at least PZ's show) for good. Shameful they give a voice to such people. Did anyone else hear it or am I starting to imagine things in my middle age?
still yet to be 'Massive Amounts of Evidence to be Presented'....

As if that would exonerate him?

Yeah I didn't listen any further to see what his ultimate point was. He was smearing McQuery and then started in about the kid's age and I'd had enough. Not sure why PZ gave him such a platform, apparently on two different occasions. I wasn't aware that he was a PSU fanboy.

Last edited:
His name is John Ziegler. He’s a grifter from California who has latched onto this whole Sandusky thing for the past decade after his other (largely more politically-driven) ventures didn’t bear fruit. It’s just a classic, cynical grift to try and soak up a little money from the Paterno weirdos and keep himself even somewhat relevant.

It doesn’t speak well or Ziese that he had him on, that’s for sure. It’s embarrassing how low PZ has fallen.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
His name is John Ziegler. He’s a grifter from California who has latched onto this whole Sandusky thing for the past decade after his other (largely more politically-driven) ventures didn’t bear fruit. It’s just a classic, cynical grift to try and soak up a little money from the Paterno weirdos and keep himself even somewhat relevant.

It doesn’t speak well or Ziese that he had him on, that’s for sure. It’s embarrassing how low PZ has fallen.

Yeah, his show seems to have gone downhill which is a shame as I thought it used to be pretty good.

Sounded like he was doing a few segments the other day from the speakerphone in his car while he drove.

I would bet Penn State, in most areas of study. That's because Pitt has more first generation students, but the gap is likely narrowing.

This may be the best description of this loser I've ever read. That said, he proved pretty early that if you give people a story they want to hear, they'll believe anything and declare it fact.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Nowhere in the medical field would an Enabler U degree be viewed as "better" than a PITT degree.
Different schools are better at different things. Anything having to do with medicine? It’s Pitt. Earth/environmental sciences or wildlife/agriculture? It’s Penn State. Most other areas? You can probably quibble over which one is slightly better than the other, but I think most unaffiliated folks out there would probably look at them as about equal.

This may be the best description of this loser I've ever read. That said, he proved pretty early that if you give people a story they want to hear, they'll believe anything and declare it fact.

In looking at is history, he's also a Michael Jackson apologist. I'm beginning to see a trend here......

So tired of talking about holding this institution and the leaders responsible but they never will relent and they continue to fight back with the help of Pennsultucky instead of responsibility and honor ! !

So sad!

Last edited:
FWIW Spanier was cleared by the feds in 2012. Unbeknownst at the time, Spanier's Top Secret Clearance was renewed then. He served on advisory boards to the CIA, FBI and the National Security Agency. The former NCIS agent that conducted the months long investigation fully supports Spanier. His full investigative report is no longer classified and is available online Here

FWIW Spanier was cleared by the feds in 2012. Unbeknownst at the time, Spanier's Top Secret Clearance was renewed then. He served on advisory boards to the CIA, FBI and the National Security Agency. The former NCIS agent that conducted the months long investigation fully supports Spanier. His full investigative report is no longer classified and is available online Here
I appreciate you putting “FWIW” at the start of this post. I don’t think it’s “worth” much of anything at all.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT