ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Wilson-Frame

Thanx for the info - Listed as both a SG and SF

I have seen his weight at 6-4 190 and 6-5 230 - He looks out of shape on video link

Was a starter for his JC team as a freshman - averaged 15.4 pts - 4.4 rebs - had a positive assist to turnover rate (on the same team as M.Diagne 6-9 former Syr signee and Jamie target)

Offers from UConn, Georgia, Prov, Rutgers and VCU(recruited by Ballard?) in 2015 - Espn 3 star with grade of 76.

B_Man thinks he may be a player.

Last edited:
Thanx for the info - Listed as both a SG and SF

I have seen his weight at 6-4 190 and 6-5 230 - He looks out of shape on video link

Was a starter for his JC team as a freshman - averaged 15.4 pts - 4.3 rebs - had a positive assist to turnover rate (on the same team as M.Diagne 6-9 former Syr signee and Jamie target)

Offers from UConn, Georgia, Prov, Rutgers and VCU(recruited by Ballard?) in 2015 - Espn 3 star with grade of 76.

B_Man thinks he may be a player.
I think the 6'5" 230 lbs is more like it. Reminds me of Lance Jeter from the Summer League. I'll take that every time.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
I think the 6'5" 230 lbs is more like it. Reminds me of Lance Jeter from the Summer League. I'll take that every time.

Reminds me (without the great rebounding) of Clyde Vaughan

With the Carr verbal, he is now probably more likely than Okauru.

We need another 2 bigs to finish this class.

I am thinking we take 6 in this class. 1 or possibly 2 Jucos.

We need to have some openings for 2018 - If we take 5, there would be 3 - Take 6 and it is 2.

I like the look of Okauru - Wilson-Frame hurts less with class distribution, but we need more size

If all 3 verbals sign, this class (with whoever we add) can be as good or better than any we have had in the last 4 years.

HoopSeen has Carr at #111 and Thompson at #114. Pointing that out as a reference. I have no idea how good they will actually be as Panthers.

Reactions: cabe23 and Piranha
Wilson-Frame is ranked by some as the #1 Juco player in the country and he plays for the #1 ranked team.

I saw that too - maybe he can be the SF that takes the spot we had reserved for Lawrence.

Reactions: Piranha
We still need to go hard after him. I agree with the Vaughn comparison. I also said JR Rider the other night.

We need to have some openings for 2018 - If we take 5, there would be 3 - Take 6 and it is 2.

I like the look of Okauru - Wilson-Frame hurts less with class distribution, but we need more size

If all 3 verbals sign, this class (with whoever we add) can be as good or better than any we have had in the last 4 years.

HoopSeen has Carr at #111 and Thompson at #114. Pointing that out as a reference. I have no idea how good they will actually be as Panthers.
These kids don't have the physical tools that Wilson kithcart Milligan have. Good pickups, absolutely. Game changers, no. More of the same tbh.

Sign me up for this kid. Gotta love those athletic bruisers that have some bounce. He could start next season

Where are all the JD Apostles that start every post with, "I hope that I'm wrong, BUT" at?

Nice pickup!

Last edited:
They are bigger fans of Jamie Dixon than the University of Pittsburgh apparently. Bizarre.
When people criticize stallings they are told to wait till they play games. What changed that you guys are beating your chests over a couple Dixon level recruits? I think we should still wait and see the games. These commits change nothing.

If they weren't turned down by just about every single one of their top level targets, this week wouldn't be looked at so favorably. Both Carr and Frame look like good players, but they aren't some huge recruiting wins that show this staff is going to bring in high level recruits.

Let's hope they develop into solid players but these kids aren't likely to close the gap between Pitt and UNC/Duke/Virginia/Louisville.

To that end, if the previous staff brought them in, it would be the same complaints that there has been most of the past 10+ years in recruiting.

Reactions: mjf313
Well, 2 4 stars per TOS.

Composite of all rating sites -

Carr - #174 overall, 3 stars
Thompson - #176 overall, 3 stars
Brown - #241 overall, 3 stars

Frame-Wilson - listed as #2 JC player on 247 Sports, they list only 4 JC players.

Last edited:
Composite of all rating sites -

Carr - #174 overall, 3 stars
Thompson - #176 overall, 3 stars
Brown - #204 overall, 3 stars

Frame-Wilson - listed as #2 JC player on 247 Sports, they list only 4 JC players.
I choose to believe TOS rankings :)

If they weren't turned down by just about every single one of their top level targets, this week wouldn't be looked at so favorably. Both Carr and Frame look like good players, but they aren't some huge recruiting wins that show this staff is going to bring in high level recruits.

Let's hope they develop into solid players but these kids aren't likely to close the gap between Pitt and UNC/Duke/Virginia/Louisville.

To that end, if the previous staff brought them in, it would be the same complaints that there has been most of the past 10+ years in recruiting.
In fairness- Thompson and Carr were both priority recruits. They clearly missed with Lawrence and Simms- especially Lawrence. The other top guys didn't seem realistic.

I agree they'll likely need more top 50 types to compete for ACC championships and high NCAA seeds.

That said, these aren't total reaches- we beat other high majors who are regular NCAA teams for these kids. Not spectacular- but certainly not a disaster.

If everyone's abilities peak at 16 or 17 then Pitts in a lot of trouble according to the experts . Obviously the cream of the crop have superior physical abilities , but beyond those few gifted indivuals I doubt that most of us could tell the difference between the 47 th the or 125 th or 157 th best player . How the player fits into the scheme , how dedicated is he to improvement , and the natural maturation process is different for everyone. This class went from abysmal to promising in one week with or without the big man from Miami. Let's hope he signs and see how KS is at developing talent. People ,myself included , that were really concerned with all the recruiting misses need to feel relieved , now KS needs to win some games with a style that puts Pitt on the map with some of higher rated kids . Let's all can the pessimistic attitude for awhile and see how this all plays out.

I'll assume by tos you don't mean ESPN or 247.
Just by ranking, that sounds like an A10 class. Maybe a school like Rhode Island, UMass, someone like that.

Dixon was able to land a little more highly rated recruit.

Some day I dream we can land recruits on the same level as powerhouse programs VT, Miami, and Xavier.
well - not to be argumentative- but this is a message board--
According to 247 Thompson was offered by Miami, Carr was offered by Va Tech and Frame was reportedly offered by WVU and Wichita State. ESPN shows Frame being offered by Uconn out of HS.

Just by ranking, that sounds like an A10 class. Maybe a school like Rhode Island, UMass, someone like that.

Dixon was able to land a little more highly rated recruit.

Some day I dream we can land recruits on the same level as powerhouse programs VT, Miami, and Xavier.
If you ever visited Miami s campus you might change your opinion

I'd love to recruit and/or perform like Xavier and Miami. Xavier has been a top 15 program this millennium and Miami isn't far off since JL became their coach. I have a feeling that we'll want to recruit and/or perform like VT in a few years as well.

Man, I used to find a lot of your content zany, yet I at least appreciated your efforts and thought some people were too hard on you, but you've straight-up become the mayor of Trollsville.

Reactions: gary2
3 star recruits pump me up!

Barnes was right, relentless recruiters.

The concern is stallings isn't a coach who outperforms his recruiting rankings ...and our recruiting isn't any better.

We'll never know what relentless recruiters turned the PITT opportunity down, but I'd still rather have an AD that at least tries to sell the fan base some sizzle.

My point was that the same people that are all over posts when Pitt misses on a recruit are typically vacant when something positive happens. This guy has been ranked the top JuCo by several and he clearly has skills in his video. I'll take any momentum we can get and commitments from two athletic players this week, albeit with non-traditional recruitment paths, works for me.

As for Stallings' on-court abilities, I'll at least wait until February to comment on that, but he deserves our support until he does something to alter it, either personally or professionally. Let's not act like he's jumped into an ideal situation here with the team makeup and upcoming schedule. He warrants more time to go through a full recruiting cycle as Pitt's coach prior to the criticism that he's received simply because he is not JD. There are many coaching examples of guys who stagnated at P5 jobs who then were reinvigorated elsewhere; catching lightning in a bottle. You simply have to look at last years Sweet 16 for examples. That's all that I can hope for at this point.

We'll never know what relentless recruiters turned the PITT opportunity down, but I'd still rather have an AD that at least tries to sell the fan base some sizzle.

My point was that the same people that are all over posts when Pitt misses on a recruit are typically vacant when something positive happens. This guy has been ranked the top JuCo by several and he clearly has skills in his video. I'll take any momentum we can get and commitments from two athletic players this week, albeit with non-traditional recruitment paths, works for me.

As for Stallings' on-court abilities, I'll at least wait until February to comment on that, but he deserves our support until he does something to alter it, either personally or professionally. Let's not act like he's jumped into an ideal situation here with the team makeup and upcoming schedule. He warrants more time to go through a full recruiting cycle as Pitt's coach prior to the criticism that he's received simply because he is not JD. There are many coaching examples of guys who stagnated at P5 jobs who then were reinvigorated elsewhere; catching lightning in a bottle. You simply have to look at last years Sweet 16 for examples. That's all that I can hope for at this point.
Promised sizzle, got fizzle.

If everyone's abilities peak at 16 or 17 then Pitts in a lot of trouble according to the experts . Obviously the cream of the crop have superior physical abilities , but beyond those few gifted indivuals I doubt that most of us could tell the difference between the 47 th the or 125 th or 157 th best player . How the player fits into the scheme , how dedicated is he to improvement , and the natural maturation process is different for everyone. This class went from abysmal to promising in one week with or without the big man from Miami. Let's hope he signs and see how KS is at developing talent. People ,myself included , that were really concerned with all the recruiting misses need to feel relieved , now KS needs to win some games with a style that puts Pitt on the map with some of higher rated kids . Let's all can the pessimistic attitude for awhile and see how this all plays out.

With all due respect, if you're consistently getting the 125th, 157th, (or ~175th as it is), you aren't going to see the top of the ACC, and likely not making too many NCAA's competing in the ACC. A class with these type of players at UMass, Rhode Island, or Wichita State? You're doing fine and have a shot at the NCAA's due to talent level in your conference.

One thing that I think is peculiar about how Wilson-Frame did in JC as a freshman, of the 393 shots he took, 233 of them were 3pt attempts. He did make 37% of them, but it's a bit odd that a kid of his stature and athletic ability is taking 3's 60% of the time. Hopefully his game translates to the ACC level where wings are every bit as big and athletic as he is. He wouldn't be the first highly rated JC player to struggle at the high major level.

Reactions: Pitt5593
The rankings don't impress anyone for any of these guys. But again, it comes down to on the court performance. That's where my concern is. I'm wondering if these guys, any of them, are good enough to see the court for any appreciable length of time where they'd make an impact, if they are capable of making an impact. I think Kithcart will make some type of impact this year, but he's not a Stallings recruit. The rest are projects that we've seen for years that we seldom see on the court. Maybe Stallings can help them improve to the point that they can play in the ACC, or at least be serviceable.

With all due respect, if you're consistently getting the 125th, 157th, (or ~175th as it is), you aren't going to see the top of the ACC, and likely not making too many NCAA's competing in the ACC. A class with these type of players at UMass, Rhode Island, or Wichita State? You're doing fine and have a shot at the NCAA's due to talent level in your conference.

One thing that I think is peculiar about how Wilson-Frame did in JC as a freshman, of the 393 shots he took, 233 of them were 3pt attempts. He did make 37% of them, but it's a bit odd that a kid of his stature and athletic ability is taking 3's 60% of the time. Hopefully his game translates to the ACC level where wings are every bit as big and athletic as he is. He wouldn't be the first highly rated JC player to struggle at the high major level.
Did you realistically think that Stallings was going to come in here and all of a sudden top 50 kids were going to be beating down the doors to attend Pitt ? There's only one way I know that could happen and it requires a booster group with cash . Pitt hiring Stallings tells you that's not going happen.
In hiring Stallings doesn't that also signal to you that Pitt really has no intention to put enough assets into the the BB program to challenge the top teams in the conference ? ( no matter what they say )
For Pitt to ascend up the ladder in the ACC KS needs to play a style of winning ball that attracts better rated recruits . Time will tell.
Does being negative make you feel better , our last coach couldn't recruit a full roster and then every grad transfer he desperately needed and wanted to fill gapping holes went elsewhere . Give the guy a chance .

Reactions: FireballZ
Promised sizzle, got fizzle.

Promised steak, got...
the-office-kevin-spills-chili-o.gif

Reactions: FireballZ
Look. With recruits, like I have always said, we have to see how they pan out, and how they perform.

I truly don't care about recruiting and only care how those recruits translate to on the court. I just find it funny that many of the same people that consistently ripped Dixon for getting these exact types of guys are now preaching patience.

Did you realistically think that Stallings was going to come in here and all of a sudden top 50 kids were going to be beating down the doors to attend Pitt ? There's only one way I know that could happen and it requires a booster group with cash . Pitt hiring Stallings tells you that's not going happen.
In hiring Stallings doesn't that also signal to you that Pitt really has no intention to put enough assets into the the BB program to challenge the top teams in the conference ? ( no matter what they say )
For Pitt to ascend up the ladder in the ACC KS needs to play a style of winning ball that attracts better rated recruits . Time will tell.
Does being negative make you feel better , our last coach couldn't recruit a full roster and then every grad transfer he desperately needed and wanted to fill gapping holes went elsewhere . Give the guy a chance .

This isn't about stallings...it isn't really even about Barnes. It is about the massive hypocrisy from those that wanted Dixon run off.

And actually, it is about Barnes. You said it yourself..stallings isn't going to get top 50 recruits. If that is the case, why would the AD run off a guy that recruited similarly as stallings but always got better results?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT