ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Wilson-Frame

What's laughable about it, it's a very valid point.
Actually that is pretty laughable. How do you have any clue what is going on behind the scenes? I really can't believe how much of a big deal people are making of this. He'll either do well and stay PG or he'll have issues and be replaced. You guys act as if he is incapable of making a decision.

This crap is absurd.

1. The reason Pitt is picked 12th is absolutely because of stallings.

2. James Robinson was absolutely crushed on here...constantly. Now those same posters are acting like he is a huge loss? Insane.

3. No, stallings doesn't get a honeymoon period. One, he is a well known commodity. Two, he is taking over a team that returns mostly everything, and should at least match what they did last year. He needs to win now, and start proving he is more than what he showed at Vanderbilt.

4. It is abundantly clear at this point that many posters on here had an "anyone but Jamie" mentality. So far stallings has recruited basically the same as Dixon, and people are excusing it. Stalling's track record is far worse than dixon's, and people are excising it. Frankly it's pathetic.

Pitt fans stupidly wanted to run off Dixon for years, thing they would get every top coach from Brad Stevens to Sean Miller, despite many saying it would never happen.

Hopefully stallings proves people like myself, MVk, souf, etc wrong...that is what we all want. However, if stallings continues on his career arc, and Pitt turns into a bottom tier ACC program, you "fans" that moaned about Dixon the last 10 years will be getting exactly what you deserve.

No. the person with the agenda is you.

You can't have it both ways. If the roster stinks and Dixons recruiting was terrible, then Stallings can't be blamed for a poor season. He is stuck with Dixons terrible roster and recruiting. The roster you told us was terrible, remember?

See how that works?

Hey, just going by what you said. Consistency, right?
There were lots of recruiting misses that contributed but the core roster we have isn't terrible(like Pitt's secondary full of MAC guys). With all the experience these players have we should be able to make the NCAA tournament. And if we don't it's all on Stallings. Of course you will blame everything else but him but nah, it's on him.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Actually that is pretty laughable. How do you have any clue what is going on behind the scenes? I really can't believe how much of a big deal people are making of this. He'll either do well and stay PG or he'll have issues and be replaced. You guys act as if he is incapable of making a decision.

You have to understand. Whatever Stallings does is wrong. That's the only way to see things. Guy hasn't coached a game yet.

Some of these guys were on here begging for Jamie to be fired. Now, Stallings is letting the inmates run the asylum. And we know that before he's even coached a game.

Reactions: Piranha
He barely made the NCAA tournament at Vanderbilt so I'm questioning everything about the guy.

This crap is absurd.

1. The reason Pitt is picked 12th is absolutely because of stallings.

2. James Robinson was absolutely crushed on here...constantly. Now those same posters are acting like he is a huge loss? Insane.

3. No, stallings doesn't get a honeymoon period. One, he is a well known commodity. Two, he is taking over a team that returns mostly everything, and should at least match what they did last year. He needs to win now, and start proving he is more than what he showed at Vanderbilt.

4. It is abundantly clear at this point that many posters on here had an "anyone but Jamie" mentality. So far stallings has recruited basically the same as Dixon, and people are excusing it. Stalling's track record is far worse than dixon's, and people are excising it. Frankly it's pathetic.

Pitt fans stupidly wanted to run off Dixon for years, thing they would get every top coach from Brad Stevens to Sean Miller, despite many saying it would never happen.

Hopefully stallings proves people like myself, MVk, souf, etc wrong...that is what we all want. However, if stallings continues on his career arc, and Pitt turns into a bottom tier ACC program, you "fans" that moaned about Dixon the last 10 years will be getting exactly what you deserve.
I wanted Dixon gone but I didn't expect they'd bring in an older worse version of him.

You have to understand. Whatever Stallings does is wrong. That's the only way to see things. Guy hasn't coached a game yet.

Some of these guys were on here begging for Jamie to be fired. Now, Stallings is letting the inmates run the asylum. And we know that before he's even coached a game.

Guy has coached 17 years at a high major school.

There were lots of recruiting misses that contributed but the core roster we have isn't terrible(like Pitt's secondary full of MAC guys). With all the experience these players have we should be able to make the NCAA tournament. And if we don't it's all on Stallings. Of course you will blame everything else but him but nah, it's on him.

It's pretty hilarious to watch you move the goal posts.

And it's also easy to see your agenda. No matter who coaches at Pitt -- they stink and should be canned.
Jamie Dixon.
Kevin Stallings.
Pat Narduzzi.

Heck even Scott Barnes! You've called for all of them to go!

Almost everyone can see it for what it is. The only people I kind of pity are the few actual Pitt fans who follow your lead. They don't even see it.

And it's also easy to see your agenda. No matter who coaches at Pitt -- they stink and should be canned.
Jamie Dixon.
Kevin Stallings.
Pat Narduzzi.

Almost everyone can see it for what it is. The only people I kind of pity are the few actual Pitt fans who follow your lead. They don't even see it.
Okay whatever. I'm done going back and forth with you because you are way too much of a kool-aid drinker. Pitt football, 33 years of irrelevance and a coach that won't make any kind of adjustment on defense yet you praise the guy like he is Nick Saban.

If anyone has an agenda it's you cheapskate.

Jamie Dixon.
Kevin Stallings.
Pat Narduzzi.

I willgive poker credit...at least he was honest with the hire. Many that screamed for six into be fired or let go immediately defended the hiring of an inferior coach.

Okay whatever. I'm done going back and forth with you because you are way too much of a kool-aid drinker. Pitt football, 33 years of irrelevance and a coach that won't make any kind of adjustment on defense yet you praise the guy like he is Nick Saban.

If anyone has an agenda it's you cheapskate.

I figured you would bow out when confronted with your own prior comments. How could anyone defend them?

In about a years time you've called for the firing of two coaches and one athletic director -- or is it three?

Clearly you have Pitt's best interests at heart.

Not one thing written on this board has ever affected a decision on any Pitt team in any sport. So 10 or 15 guys are constantly complaining about a coach or player on one of many PITT message boards doesn't mean a thing to the people who really matter . There's several things that really do matter and our opinions aren't one of them .
Things that matter
1.) team performance
2.) attendance/ donations
3.) athletes and coaches off the court / field behavior
4.) academic performance
So you can choose to constantly complain about everything which accomplishes nothing like some of you do or you can be a balanced poster . I find it best just to read those negative posters offering , but responding to them is usually pointless . They feel everyone stinks or should be fired until PITT starts winning national championships . The only hire in Pitt modern history that was made to win the national championship was the hiring of Johnny Majors 1 . Paul Evans and Dave Wannstadt would be the next big coaching hires . Pitts not serious enough to win national championships , they just want competitive teams that they can afford . Those are their standards and they hire accordingly . Stallings was the best coach that they could afford without taking a leap of faith on an unknown quantity . The old coach wasn't knocking them dead in the ACC let's wait a couple of years and see how the new guy does .

Last edited:
You are a clown. You constantly bashed Dixon just like you are doing now with Narduzzi.

He barely made the NCAA tournament at Vanderbilt so I'm questioning everything about the guy.
I have my doubts too. I wasn't in the fire Dixon or hire Stallings camp, but I am ready to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

I agree that this team should be an NCAA team with either coach. If Stallings doesn't get us there, I'll be pissed. If Dixon were still here and we didn't make it, I'd be equally pissed.

There is no way any coach should look at Jamel Artis' game and think, hey, let's put this kid at PG, unless it was to try to please the player. Artis went to the coach and told him he wanted to play PG, and here we are, with a kid playing PG who has no business playing that spot. The only laughable thing about the entire situation is that Jamel Artis is actually starting at PG.

There is no way any coach should look at Jamel Artis' game and think, hey, let's put this kid at PG, unless it was to try to please the player. Artis went to the coach and told him he wanted to play PG, and here we are, with a kid playing PG who has no business playing that spot. The only laughable thing about the entire situation is that Jamel Artis is actually starting at PG.
I'm not so sure I'd look at him and say point guard either. However, there have been parts of games in each of the past 2 seasons when Jamel was the point forward and the offense ran through him and it ran through him very effectively. This was mostly against Syracuse and their zone, but it did happen and therefore it isn't some that just happened because Jamel ran to Stallings. Jamel is a very good passer and sees the floor very well. Sometimes he has issues when he tries to do too much, but he is capable.

See, I told you it's fun to read these posts!

Reactions: FireballZ
In a fruitless attempt to get this thread back on track... Hopefully this JUCO gives us some production. Dixon had very mixed results on JUCOs, so I have my concerns. Buzz Williams is a guy with a ton of success in the JUCO path, so there is hope.

I wouldn't say getting one JUCO turns around Stallings' recruiting rating at Pitt, but at least he did something to try to salvage the situation.

Reactions: NTOP
If the roster stinks and Dixons recruiting was terrible, then Stallings can't be blamed for a poor season. He is stuck with Dixons terrible roster and recruiting. The roster you told us was terrible, remember?

Stallings went out of his way to keep every one of Dixon's players and recruits. Are they terrible or not? Stallings seems to like them.

Do you really think that if Kithcart continues to outplay Jamel that he won't eventually start over him?
Good chance he won't actually start. But minutes played and who is on the court at crunch time are more important than who actually starts.

Good chance he won't actually start. But minutes played and who is on the court at crunch time are more important than who actually starts.
The bb schedule, like the Pitt football schedule, is much more difficult than it was a year ago. That may lead to less wins, but lets face it, Pitt has a chance to get a few more quality wins than last year. If they get more quality wins, they will be a better team than last year (with Dixon's players) whether they squeak into the dance like last year or just miss.

The bb schedule, like the Pitt football schedule, is much more difficult than it was a year ago. That may lead to less wins, but lets face it, Pitt has a chance to get a few more quality wins than last year. If they get more quality wins, they will be a better team than last year (with Dixon's players) whether they squeak into the dance like last year or just miss.

Probably won't have three wins over a Final Four team this year, might not beat an Elite 8 team either.

Are you missing something? Artis told Stallings over the summer he wanted to play point guard.
So let's take your point of view and that Artis went to Stallings and asked to play point guard. So what happens next Artis works on his ball handling ,his passing and his quickness man this is bad . Why would a coach want anyone to work on these BB skills ? If he's the best Pitt has then quess what he'll start if he's not he'll be back at his old position or as a 2 with better skills . You need to get over it Stallings will do what's best for the team believe it .

Reactions: FireballZ
Stallings went out of his way to keep every one of Dixon's players and recruits. Are they terrible or not? Stallings seems to like them.
I suppose Stallings wanted to have a roster. All the blowhards would have went nuts if he did not retain this recruiting class, and got rid of players. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I suppose Stallings wanted to have a roster. All the blowhards would have went nuts if he did not retain this recruiting class, and got rid of players. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Depends on how he'd replace them.

Based on early returns, hope he sent Dixon a thank you note for doing the heavy lifting.

Based on early returns, hope he sent Dixon a thank you note for doing the heavy lifting.
Stallings was hired 2 weeks before the late signing period. Almost everybody was off the board. Where exactly was he going to find players for the roster?

Yes - Dixon did the heavy lifting for this current recruiting class, but Stallings gets credit for saving it.

Suggesting that Stallings should have done anything any different with the roster is idiotic . Who was available ? A flawed roster is better than no roster . Maybe Jamie should of told him what worthless grad transfers he was thinking about too.

Suggesting that Stallings should have done anything any different with the roster is idiotic . Who was available ? A flawed roster is better than no roster . Maybe Jamie should of told him what worthless grad transfers he was thinking about too.
Good , point.. Would have been unprecedented for a new coaches staff to cash in on their recruiting relationships to sell them on the new school.

But then again based on their track record on their own this class... Maybe the fish in the barrel wss smarter

Stallings was hired 2 weeks before the late signing period. Almost everybody was off the board. Where exactly was he going to find players for the roster?

Yes - Dixon did the heavy lifting for this current recruiting class, but Stallings gets credit for saving it.

Some guy that was hired at TCU landed the #34 player in the Class of 2016 after getting hired a week or so before Stallings. It does happen.

Reactions: freddietee511
LOL! Start sowing up that banner!!

Just responding to the dumb assertion that if this years team gets more quality wins than last year's team, but doesn't make the tournament, this years team will be better.

One, that's a dumb stance to take. Give me the team that makes the tournament 100 times out of 100 over the team that doesn't make it.

And two, this years team isn't likely to beat a Final Four team three times, and might not beat an Elite 8 team either, so the entire point of the post I quoted, which was to try to make a claim that Pitt didn't have quality wins last year, was dumb. By extension, the argument that a team who would fail to make the tournament and have better wins than last year is idiotic.

Some guy that was hired at TCU landed the #34 player in the Class of 2016 after getting hired a week or so before Stallings. It does happen.
He also did it with assistant coaches not named Knight, Barton or Williamson. Dixon could have made his legacy at Pitt, but chose to move on. Whether it was meddling boosters or the athletic director, I really don't care. Dixon made his choice. Both Pitt & Dixon will need to live with it. If Dixon succeeds or fails at TCU, is irrelevant. What does matter going forward is what happens at Pitt.

Reactions: gary2
He also did it with assistant coaches not named Knight, Barton or Williamson. Dixon could have made his legacy at Pitt, but chose to move on. Whether it was meddling boosters or the athletic director, I really don't care. Dixon made his choice. Both Pitt & Dixon will need to live with it. If Dixon succeeds or fails at TCU, is irrelevant. What does matter going forward is what happens at Pitt.
So what's Stallings excuse?

We are talking about stallings

If that player wanted to play for Jamie was he recruiting him prior to leaving for Pitt ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT