ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Warren - Yikes!

As I've said countless times before... you should be blaming Tomlin not Kenny. KP actually performed to the level of a 2nd half of the 1st round QB. The Steeler's org, fans, and more importantly media, expected Big Ben.

I didn’t expect Ben, but I expected more, certainly didn’t expect him to tap out.

But why is it “blaming Kenny” to acknowledge that he wasted good?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Everything you cited in this thread is from a Dulac report. Every single thing. You should consider your source a bit wiser. Or at least take it with a grain of salt.
Was it "just" Dulac reporting on the Cincy game when Kenny didn't dress? I seem to remember Kaboly, Madden, and the 93.7 crew reporting the same thing. Dejan seemed to be the only reporter going in the opposite direction.

As I've said countless times before... you should be blaming Tomlin not Kenny. KP actually performed to the level of a 2nd half of the 1st round QB. The Steeler's org, fans, and more importantly media, expected Big Ben.
I don't usually discuss Steelers stuff on this board. I hardly follow them anymore beyond the casual stuff. I've never been a big fan of Tomlin. Tomlin reached on Kenny. He gambled and lost. However, he's been on record about the desire to keep KP. Didn't he say the whole "we want volunteers not hostages" when it came about that he was going to have to compete with Russ? Also, isn't it on record that Russ said to Kenny "I look forward to competing with you?"

I'm in agreement that most of the Steelers troubles have been Tomlin's more then anyone else's.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I hope like hell that Kenny somehow becomes the starter for the Eagles this year, and that he takes them deep into the playoffs! I would also like to see him beat the snot out of the mighty Steelers when they meet!
I, too, would love to see Kenny starting for the Eagles when they play the Steelers. I doubt that I am alone in that regard.

Take the blue/gold glasses off for just once.

What do you think Heyward is going to publicly say 4 months ago when Kenny was QB1?

No one is being silly except for PITT fans.

Let me ask you a question - do you think Kenny had the locker room backing him?
No blue and gold glasses needed
He’s being supporting of whoever is on the team
THAT is the point you seem to be missing .

You’re being idiotic now
Basic logic and common sense is lacking

Was it "just" Dulac reporting on the Cincy game when Kenny didn't dress? I seem to remember Kaboly, Madden, and the 93.7 crew reporting the same thing. Dejan seemed to be the only reporter going in the opposite direction.
To be fair, that little club backs each other up on stuff and feed off of each other.

He should be grumpy
But your point is valid -
It’s all know nothing dopes doing PR for the Steelers front office .
I completely understand not picking up his option but what is the point of this stuff? Of course the guy won't be happy but he's still playing for a contract. Here or somewhere else. I don't get it.

It started with Mr. Insider Dulac saying the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett. Then saying Pickett looked bad in training camp and nowhere near ready to play (Picket proceeded to play great in the first pre-season game). And then there were the usual suspects that continued to pile on like Madden, Yohe, Benz, Adamski. Notice a common theme with this line-up? They are either nitters or notoriously vile towards Pitt. People complain about Pitt fans being petty, but I rarely hear any complaints on this board about the selection of Porter by the Steelers. Yet the supposedly professional media are the ones with the biggest vendetta.

I fully expect our resident know-it all from jtown to react with his famous laugh to this post

I think there were also plenty of Pitt fans unhappy that KP skipped the Peach Bowl. I understand the decision but in my mind, it was a selfish one considering it was our chance at a top 10 finish. I didn’t particularly care if he had NFL success after that. I didn’t actively root against him though.

I think there were also plenty of Pitt fans unhappy that KP skipped the Peach Bowl. I understand the decision but in my mind, it was a selfish one considering it was our chance at a top 10 finish. I didn’t particularly care if he had NFL success after that. I didn’t actively root against him though.
I went and had a great time knowing he wasn’t playing
Neither did MSU’s star RB.
I went to celebrate the best team I’ve watched in 20 years

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
For the record, I don't blame him for sitting out the bowl game. I would venture to guess that a large fraction of the first round picks that year did the same (although that is as I said, just a guess on my part). It just makes sense. I'm sure none of them want to be that guy who jeopardizes his career over a game that ultimately is nothing more than a feel-good moment for a bunch of old alums.

I might also guess that some agents have stronger opinions on this than others. Their money is on the line, too.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
No blue and gold glasses needed
He’s being supporting of whoever is on the team
THAT is the point you seem to be missing .

You’re being idiotic now
Basic logic and common sense is lacking
Again - do you think KP had the support of the locker room last year?

If you don't think Warren is taking a shot @ KP, you're naïve.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It’s called circular reporting. And it’s flown over your head the entire thread.

Again - do you think KP had the support of the locker room last year?

If you don't think Warren is taking a shot @ KP, you're naïve.
Yes while on the team
Because they said the same things about him at that time
I’ll repeat myself , since you seem slow on the uptake

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
So what's your reasoning to think Dulac's report and all of the reports are bunk?
He’s a Stillers mouthpiece and a JoePa Cult member who posted on Twitter about JoePa’s statue not being up while attending his daughter’s graduation at PSU. He probably got a boner when the opportunity to rip KP presented itself.

I also think the way things went down with Whipple played a part in the decision.

He’s a Stillers mouthpiece and a JoePa Cult member who posted on Twitter about JoePa’s statue not being up while attending his daughter’s graduation at PSU. He probably got a boner when the opportunity to rip KP presented itself.
Like I said - what's incorrect in any of the reports?

We need to stop being so paranoid about PSU.

Like I said - what's incorrect in any of the reports?

We need to stop being so paranoid about PSU.

Dulac reported that Pickett was nowhere near ready to play in his first training camp and looked like a wasted pick. He immediately came out and shined in his first pre-season game.

When Porter struggled early nary a word was said.

Dulac reported that Pickett was nowhere near ready to play in his first training camp and looked like a wasted pick. He immediately came out and shined in his first pre-season game.
Kenny's been in the league for 2 seasons and he doesn't look like a starting QB on a championship caliber team - so he probably is correct on that one. The stats show he was one of the historically worst QB's we've ever seen play the game.

Speaking of that game, I literally just went back and peaked at the highlights. Kenny was the 3rd QB in that going against 3rd teamers and UDFA's. I know we all wanted KP to shine and he's a PITT guy but c'mon..

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and Pitt79
Kenny's been in the league for 2 seasons and he doesn't look like a starting QB on a championship caliber team - so he probably is correct on that one. The stats show he was one of the historically worst QB's we've ever seen play the game.

Speaking of that game, I literally just went back and peaked at the highlights. Kenny was the 3rd QB in that going against 3rd teamers and UDFA's. I know we all wanted KP to shine and he's a PITT guy but c'mon..

Context matters. My recollection is Dulac thought the Steelers taking a QB - any QB - with their first pick was a waste because the team had more pressing needs, such as the OL. I'm too lazy to dig it out though.

Because they are follow the same narrative
There is no “reporting “ going on .
They are fed the story they want the press to tell .
Wake up.
Just like with juju , Dionte , and now Najee .
I'm not seeing much negative stuff about Najee. But for the record, the first two were clearly problematic and the reporting on them had nothing to do with being fed anything. Those guys wrote their own stories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT