ADVERTISEMENT

Lions vs. 49ers

Man, I really wanted the Lions to make it. And to lose after being up 24-7 at halftime… what a tortured fanbase.

I couldn't be any less interested in a Super Bowl than the Chiefs vs the 49ers. It would be like watching a Patriots scrimmage against themselves.
This tells me the NFL is not rigged, this is a boring matchup that 95% of the country is not excited about, it's like Trump vs. Biden, if it was all rigged Lions was the best storyline.

Purdy isnt bettet than Pickett. Sorry. He is on an elite offensive team and looks like trash
Yes, unless you're what you actually are, A DESPERATE HOMER BEGGING FOR A REASON TO BELIEVE KENNY IS GOOD, Purdy is way better, the spontaneous plays, the down field throws, the decisions when to run. Kenny would botch them all, if Kenny was on SF last year he would be benched for Darnold or Trey Lance would be the starter by now, I loved Kenny at Pitt and was happy the Steelers picked him, but sorry, I can't pretend anymore just because he's a Pitt guy. I still pray he proves you right and me wrong but I don't feel it anymore.

The lions are relentless on offense. Their pace is just amazing. If you compare them to the Steelers it is night and day.

And the amazing thing is, they have great success running the football which is what Tomlin loves. The difference is that it isn’t three yards and a cloud of dust. It is motion (meaningful motion, not stupid wide receiver jet motion), unusual formations, and getting athletic runners in space.

Hopefully he is looking for this kind of offense and pace with the new OC, but I am not holding my breath.
But they fizzled in the 2nd half of all their playoff games, both the Rams and Bucs were in positions with a shot at winning it near the end.

It’s pretty wild that in one game the players bad decisions cost them a trip to the Super Bowl and in the other the coach’s bad decisions cost them.

Last edited:
I couldn't be any less interested in a Super Bowl than the Chiefs vs the 49ers. It would be like watching a Patriots scrimmage against themselves.

You are in the minority. Thanks to Taylor Swift, it will be the highest rated Super Bowl of all time. She is literally the world's most famous human. Messi is 2nd. Maybe we can get him there too.

Yes, unless you're what you actually are, A DESPERATE HOMER BEGGING FOR A REASON TO BELIEVE KENNY IS GOOD, Purdy is way better, the spontaneous plays, the down field throws, the decisions when to run. Kenny would botch them all, if Kenny was on SF last year he would be benched for Darnold or Trey Lance would be the starter by now, I loved Kenny at Pitt and was happy the Steelers picked him, but sorry, I can't pretend anymore just because he's a Pitt guy. I still pray he proves you right and me wrong but I don't feel it anymore.
Purdy is literally Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's being carried by the 49ers coaching staff and offensive talent. It's such a joke that he is up for MVP. Stuff is wide open for him and he still makes Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and CMC make hero catches to bail him out. #1 in YAC by far, top 10 in INT rate with a ton of dropped INTs as well (1 this week and 2 last week, any of which probably result in SF's elimination).

He's no better than QB 12 in the NFL (more like QB16 once the 2024 rookies come in) but he gets ridiculously propped up by the SF 49ers overall talent and a weak NFC. It is unbelievable watching him throw nothing but check downs, dropped INTs, and 2 nice passes per game and then hear people pretend like he is Tom Brady. I can't wait until SF pays him $35 million per year because he will be completely exposed.

Purdy is seriously way closer to Kenny Pickett than being the MVP of the league. If he were the Steelers QB1 he'd be drafted over this year.

Reactions: 303vND
Purdy is literally Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's being carried by the 49ers coaching staff and offensive talent. It's such a joke that he is up for MVP. Stuff is wide open for him and he still makes Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and CMC make hero catches to bail him out. #1 in YAC by far, top 10 in INT rate with a ton of dropped INTs as well (1 this week and 2 last week, any of which probably result in SF's elimination).

He's no better than QB 12 in the NFL (more like QB16 once the 2024 rookies come in) but he gets ridiculously propped up by the SF 49ers overall talent and a weak NFC. It is unbelievable watching him throw nothing but check downs, dropped INTs, and 2 nice passes per game and then hear people pretend like he is Tom Brady. I can't wait until SF pays him $35 million per year because he will be completely exposed.

Purdy is seriously way closer to Kenny Pickett than being the MVP of the league. If he were the Steelers QB1 he'd be drafted over this year.
QB16 is excellent compared to KP who is more like QB40, Dudes come off the bench midseason and match his output for the year in 3 weeks.

QB16 is excellent compared to KP who is more like QB40, Dudes come off the bench midseason and match his output for the year in 3 weeks.
He's QB16 with half an offense full of All Pros and the most QB-friendly coach in NFL history, a guy who got better numbers out of CJ Beathard (in fewer games to be fair).

This your king?

In fairness, what has Pickett ever done without a bunch of upperclassmen offensive linemen blocking for him while throwing to a first round pick against mostly pathetic competition?

I don't think Purdy is MVP-caliber at all, but if they were both redrafted I'm guessing he would have more suitors. I honestly wouldn't want to build my franchise around either one.

Reactions: Ski11585
Campbell better learn when to hold and when to fold. Kick the damn FG. Go Chiefs, or the Niners get a 6th Lombardi.
I think I’ll root for the Chiefs, although I’m still up in the air. At least with no rooting interest I can just hope for a good game. But in terms of that tying the Steelers with a 6th Lombardi thing… I don’t know. I still kind of care, but really not as much as I used to. New England already tied them and Brady alone surpassed them. Maybe the Steelers should have won more playoff games this past decade.

In fairness, what has Pickett ever done without a bunch of upperclassmen offensive linemen blocking for him while throwing to a first round pick against mostly pathetic competition?

I don't think Purdy is MVP-caliber at all, but if they were both redrafted I'm guessing he would have more suitors. I honestly wouldn't want to build my franchise around either one.
That's basically every single 1st round college QB tho. Bo Nix is literally the exact same QB as Kenny (super duper senior, played 10% more games even; PAC-12 defenses are all worse than Clemson; Troy Franklin is Addison) and no one will say anything negative about him because he doesn't have small hands or whatever.

What Purdy is working with in SF is one of the biggest anomalies we've ever seen in professional football. Every single QB that Kyle Shanahan touches plays well above their baseline ability. CJ Beathard had better stats than Purdy without CMC. Jimmy G led the NFL in QBR once and was a top 12 guy multiple times (without CMC and mostly without Aiyuk or Trent Williams). Nick Mullins was ok-ish. 2 of those guys are more or less out of the league and another would certainly be a backup if not for his contract.

I'm fine with Purdy. He generally doesn't kill the team but he's also extraordinarily fortunate both in general by being drafted by SF and at specific moments in games because defense players are somehow unable to hold on to routine INTs when they play him. But I can't tolerate arguments that he's the most valuable player in the NFL. It's just not true in any objective or reasonable sense.

That's basically every single 1st round college QB tho. Bo Nix is literally the exact same QB as Kenny (super duper senior, played 10% more games even; PAC-12 defenses are all worse than Clemson; Troy Franklin is Addison) and no one will say anything negative about him because he doesn't have small hands or whatever.

What Purdy is working with in SF is one of the biggest anomalies we've ever seen in professional football. Every single QB that Kyle Shanahan touches plays well above their baseline ability. CJ Beathard had better stats than Purdy without CMC. Jimmy G led the NFL in QBR once and was a top 12 guy multiple times (without CMC and mostly without Aiyuk or Trent Williams). Nick Mullins was ok-ish. 2 of those guys are more or less out of the league and another would certainly be a backup if not for his contract.

I'm fine with Purdy. He generally doesn't kill the team but he's also extraordinarily fortunate both in general by being drafted by SF and at specific moments in games because defense players are somehow unable to hold on to routine INTs when they play him. But I can't tolerate arguments that he's the most valuable player in the NFL. It's just not true in any objective or reasonable sense.

I think it can go too far the other way at times. Like, Purdy did lead Iowa State to just about its most successful run in its history. Most attributed it to Campbell, but it's looking like Purdy had something to do with it. And I have seen him do some really good things. It's possible that he was just way undervalued.

... and I say that while realizing that he's not even on the same planet as someone like Mahomes.

I don't view Nix as a 1st round pick, and I wouldn't touch him with a 40-foot pool. They throw a lot of stat-padding short stuff. He's like Pickett Lite to me.

He's QB16 with half an offense full of All Pros and the most QB-friendly coach in NFL history, a guy who got better numbers out of CJ Beathard (in fewer games to be fair).

This your king?
No, not saying at all that Purdy is great, just saying that Kenny isn't. Kenny wouldn't have 31 TDs, 4200 yards, 69% completion if he was with SF, I just don't believe in him. I don't care what school he's from, Steelers need to dump him if he doesn't at least TRIPLE his production next year. MINIMUM

CJ Beathard's stats aren't anywhere near Purdy's.

Purdy's comp percentage 68% to 58%, td% 7.2 to 3.6, int % 2.4 to 2.6., W/L 17-4 to 2-10.

And since you've anointed Shanahan to have a golden touch, why'd he keep Purdy and not the equally good Beathard, or Lance who he drafted, or any of the other qb's - maybe he knows a lot more than youi?

Try again.

CJ Beathard's stats aren't anywhere near Purdy's.

Purdy's comp percentage 68% to 58%, td% 7.2 to 3.6, int % 2.4 to 2.6., W/L 17-4 to 2-10.

And since you've anointed Shanahan to have a golden touch, why'd he keep Purdy and not the equally good Beathard, or Lance who he drafted, or any of the other qb's - maybe he knows a lot more than youi?

Try again.
lmao dude I don't even know what point you're trying to make here. Where did I say that I knew more than Shanahan?

Glad to be living rent free in your head for another day.

Jesus Christ dude. You are some piece of work.

Purdy is a regular dude, sorry. There are 25 QBs who would QB the 49ers to the same success rate. He isnt some undrafted wunderkind. He's a decent QB playing in a supremely talented offense.

Purdy is a regular dude, sorry. There are 25 QBs who would QB the 49ers to the same success rate. He isnt some undrafted wunderkind. He's a decent QB playing in a supremely talented offense.
So you think Kenny would have 69% completion rate, 31 TDs and 4200 yards playing for them? I find it hard to believe, Rudolph in 4 starts came close to matching Kenny's 12 game TD total and half his 12-game yardage. DeVito for God sakes had more TDs in 5 games than KP, you can tell me all you want that stats don't matter, maybe I just want to watch TD passes happening and chunk pass plays downfield too, I want it to be fairly common, with Kenny it's like pulling teeth, never happens. I'd like him to succeed, but how long do we need to give him, 24 starts and counting.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's no Tom Brady but he sure made a lot of plays all season and in the second half yesterday, including some big ones with his legs. Some guys don;t have the best arms, size, physical talent, measurables, etc., but they are just football players and competitors. Purdy appears to be one of those.

MVP? No. Deserving to be in the conversation? He's the QB of a Super Bowl team, so, yes.

So you think Kenny would have 69% completion rate, 31 TDs and 4200 yards playing for them? I find it hard to believe, Rudolph in 4 starts came close to matching Kenny's 12 game TD total and half his 12-game yardage. DeVito for God sakes had more TDs in 5 games than KP, you can tell me all you want that stats don't matter, maybe I just want to watch TD passes happening and chunk pass plays downfield too, I want it to be fairly common, with Kenny it's like pulling teeth, never happens. I'd like him to succeed, but how long do we need to give him, 24 starts and counting.

Kenny played pretty well after Canada was booted. Then he got hurt. Let's see how he does with a better OC.

Campbell is the guy at the blackjack table that hits on 18.
And the vast majority of the time, successfully. Which is a big reason the Lions got as far as they did with a highly suspect defense.

You do know the analytics actually favored his decision to go on each of those 4th downs, and the Lions kicker is weak and has only been on the roster for a month, right?

On the first 4th down in the third Q, all Josh Reynolds had to do was catch the ball that hit him in both hands. He does that, and the outcome of this game is different, and Campbell was a genius for he decision to go. Sometimes, the players don't get the job done.

And the vast majority of the time, successfully. Which is a big reason the Lions got as far as they did with a highly suspect defense.

You do know the analytics actually favored his decision to go on each of those 4th downs, and the Lions kicker is weak and has only been on the roster for a month, right?

On the first 4th down in the third Q, all Josh Reynolds had to do was catch the ball that hit him in both hands. He does that, and the outcome of this game is different, and Campbell was a genius for he decision to go. Sometimes, the players don't get the job done.
I thought going for it was the right call.

Only questionable call was the run on third down which cost them a TO. But if it works it’s a great call.

IMO Harbaugh played not to lose. They put no pressure on Mahomes and stayed zone and let him pick them apart

Even then if Jackson doesn’t play like crap and flowers doesn’t fumble the ravens win. Mind boggling that Jackson didn’t run more. It’s like he was determined to prove he was a pocket passer which he isn’t

lmao dude I don't even know what point you're trying to make here. Where did I say that I knew more than Shanahan?

Glad to be living rent free in your head for another day.

Odd question. Why ask me? I surely didn't say it.

Anyway, tell us more about Beathard being as good as Purdy.

Odd question. Why ask me? I surely didn't say it.
Idk if you're a really bad troll or just that simple but this is egregious.

Enjoy screaming into the void from here on.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's no Tom Brady but he sure made a lot of plays all season and in the second half yesterday, including some big ones with his legs. Some guys don;t have the best arms, size, physical talent, measurables, etc., but they are just football players and competitors. Purdy appears to be one of those.

MVP? No. Deserving to be in the conversation? He's the QB of a Super Bowl team, so, yes.
I still think it's a compliment to say that Mr. Irrelevant is QB12-16 in the NFL.

But I've seen defenders drop so many of his INTs (2 against the Packers and 1 against SF, any of which would have sent SF home as massive favorites; not to mention last year against Dallas); seen -2 yard passes to CMC or Deebo that get turned into 20+ yard plays; and seen Kittle and Aiyuk one-handing catches that were massively off to call him a really good QB. His luck is insane, his coaching is excellent, and his offensive talent is basically the best in the league. I just don't see a special QB in him based on what he is routinely asked or not asked to do. I get your point that he has intangibles, and he's clearly winning so he's a quality player, but I think the difference between what is asked of him and how the average fan perceives him to be pretty vast.

A lot of QBs have played well in that system. And Jimmy G also made the Super Bowl. Purdy is the best of the bunch for sure. But I think if you swap basically any of the QBs that played last week with Purdy, SF is still moving on and Purdy is going home. He is not a special talent.

A lot of QBs have played well in that system. And Jimmy G also made the Super Bowl. Purdy is the best of the bunch for sure. But I think if you swap basically any of the QBs that played last week with Purdy, SF is still moving on and Purdy is going home. He is not a special talent.
What if you swap Kenny in there, is he moving on?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT