ADVERTISEMENT

New new RJ Davis thread

Actually no. You’re rationalizing against me because the head coach of Pitt is acting like a middle school girl that just got dumped.

Guess Capel’s “relationships” are fake and recruits will take notice of that.
What I find interesting is you act like you know all the the facts. How do you know Capel didn’t talk to him firsthand, get his final answer, wish him the best, do some administrative cleaning up which would include cleaning up his Twitter and move on. Nothing classless or fake about that.

What I find interesting is you act like you know all the the facts. How do you know Capel didn’t talk to him firsthand, get his final answer, wish him the best, do some administrative cleaning up which would include cleaning up his Twitter and move on. Nothing classless or fake about that.
You’re right. That MUST be it.

You’re right. That MUST be it.

I won't go into the wheelhouse here, but speaking from personal experience, and watching the world we live in, most things that are in the public eye are talked about behind the scenes before it comes out. Unless you live in the CNN and NYT complex, this is a normal interaction and part of the deal to tell them what you're about to print in media. I'm sure it's trickled down to college athletics, because it's a big deal just look at us talking about it.

Reactions: jrozycki
I won't go into the wheelhouse here, but speaking from personal experience, and watching the world we live in, most things that are in the public eye are talked about behind the scenes before it comes out. Unless you live in the CNN and NYT complex, this is a normal interaction and part of the deal to tell them what you're about to print in media. I'm sure it's trickled down to college athletics, because it's a big deal just look at us talking about it.
Unfortunately, college basketball recruiting isn’t normal actions or reactions. You have 40 year old men reading into everything a kid says or does on twitter. So basically everything you said is invalid.

Do you really think the staff needs upgraded? I think recruiting by this staff has been good considering the circumstances. I expect it will get better as a record gets better.
I don’t know. I don’t really have an opinion about the staff. And generally speaking, I think many overrate the role of staff in recruiting.

My overall point is that I don’t think losing Davis to UNC speaks badly about Capel nor his staff.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I don't like the optics of it unless there is an explanation that I'll never hear anyhow.
That can be used against you.

Why does he owe it to anyone to follow them on Twitter? It’s not like Capel uses Davis’s family cleaners or something and will now go elsewhere. Big freaking deal.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Unfortunately, college basketball recruiting isn’t normal actions or reactions. You have 40 year old men reading into everything a kid says or does on twitter. So basically everything you said is invalid.

Nope, you're dead wrong. Pipelines and sources are always an asset, so you don't burn them. Capel might be a bad coach and all that as you've alluded to, but he knows the game. And no matter the sector, the human element applies true. Basically, everything you've said is invalid but an appropriate emotional response. I am your friend.

Do you really think the staff needs upgraded? I think recruiting by this staff has been good considering the circumstances. I expect it will get better as a record gets better.
Also, my hope is also that recruiting gets better as our record gets better. Regardless of Capel’s prowess as a recruiter, we’ve won 7 conference games in three years.

Capel can’t hide from this.

Davis himself said how playing for a winner mattered to him.

This scenario seems as likely as any.

Agree. And I believe that better record starts this season with an over 0.500 final record.

I would think it would be professional courtesy in recruiting to cut ties with a kid after the battle has been lost. Seems a lot more likely than a grown man pouting and deleting out of spite. That’s actually a little silly

Unfortunately, if RJ Davis doesn’t commit and we go 2 straight classes with 0 consensus top 100 players that’s just not good enough and there has to be some staff changes. It will be another so-so recruiting class with the best recruiting assistant in the country as head coach.
John Hugley is a top 100 player by 2 of the 3 services - that’s the dictionary definition of “consensus.”

Come to think of it, haven’t seen you comment at all about Hugley committing; I guess we should only expect to hear from you when it’s bad recruiting news.

John Hugley is a top 100 player by 2 of the 3 services - that’s the dictionary definition of “consensus.”

Come to think of it, haven’t seen you comment at all about Hugley committing; I guess we should only expect to hear from you when it’s bad recruiting news.
You noticed that as well. He loves to bring bad news to the table, but doesn’t say a word when we land a recruit that had about 30 offers.

Yes ... I now am pretty certain he’s going to Carolina.
Wow DT that was a big about face in a short hr and 15 mins. I saw this post and had to scroll up to see how long ago it was that you posted that you still wasn’t hearing anything about RJ to UNC.

He’s 117 in the composite rankings. That’s where you find a consensus rankings. I praised the adamsun commitment. Hugley is a decent prospect. Doesn’t have a ton of upside. He’s fine

Why does he owe it to anyone to follow them on Twitter? It’s not like Capel uses Davis’s family cleaners or something and will now go elsewhere. Big freaking deal.
He doesn't and I could be totally wrong.
Im not sure what the normal operating procedure is or how common or uncommon it is.
It was just my initial reaction.

You noticed that as well. He loves to bring bad news to the table, but doesn’t say a word when we land a recruit that had about 30 offers.

There’s enough negativity in the world and this forum without captain insider douche. But alas at least I can fix that little problem.

It’s funny that everyone is mad at me for the head coach not landing a player.

Do you guys ever criticize anything about your favorite programs or come on here to just cheerlead?

You mean the ones since February, ‘18, when he joined this site?? Long time “insider”!
Lol. I have no problem not sharing the info I hear. Of course I predicted Collier as our first commit 2 weeks before it happened and praised that, have predicted others committing elsewhere and been right every time. But no problem, I won’t contribute actual information. I’ll cheerlead! That’s the point of a message board!

Another thing that's ironic is RJ is not following any of Pitt players or anyone that has Pittsburgh ties on Twitter! I think UNC has won the battle IMO.

Reactions: panther4life32
It’s funny that everyone is mad at me for the head coach not landing a player.

Do you guys ever criticize anything about your favorite programs or come on here to just cheerlead?

They are "mad" at you because of you not Capel. It's pure silliness to attack a coach for unfollowing a perspective recruit. This is seriously one of the most absurd comments this side Seanmillerfan.

You are the one that is making some big stink about following or unfollowing someone on Twitter. You aren’t “old school”. You are a typical whiny “millennial”.
I couldn’t be further from a millennial. Thanks for that characterization like they’re the problem with America today, or whatever inference you were making. Another dumb post by u that contributes nothing

I couldn’t be further from a millennial. Thanks for that characterization like they’re the problem with America today, or whatever inference you were making. Another dumb post by u that contributes nothing
Making a big deal about someone following or unfollowing someone on Twitter is 100% millennial and stupid to begin with.

First off in what universe does Pitt or Marquette beat out UNC for a recruit in bb !

Why would JC continue following a 17 yr old on Twitter if the kids going elsewhere .

As classy as JC is I’m sure he wished him success and now it’s time for him to move on .

All the ass kissing that goes on in recruiting must really get old for those involved .

Did Pitt suddenly disband the basketball program?

I mean we lost a kid to North Carolina. Unless you are cheating you will lose a kid to the blue bloods maybe 90% of the time. No shame for the Pitt staff.

As far as the "twitter controversy" , sorry I don't see the big deal about un-following the kid. Davis has moved on, Pitt has too. Why should Coach Capel and the staff worry about what the kid is tweeting from here on?

The basketball program is heading up with or without Davis. I have confidence thew staff knows what they want in a player and will find someone capable to replace X once he is gone

Also, my hope is also that recruiting gets better as our record gets better. Regardless of Capel’s prowess as a recruiter, we’ve won 7 conference games in three years.

Capel can’t hide from this.

Davis himself said how playing for a winner mattered to him.
It's what I've been saying all along. Capel's recruiting will get better as the record gets better. It is crucial to improve the record significantly this year.

Unfortunately, if RJ Davis doesn’t commit and we go 2 straight classes with 0 consensus top 100 players that’s just not good enough and there has to be some staff changes. It will be another so-so recruiting class with the best recruiting assistant in the country as head coach.
are you seriously looking down your nose at hugley?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT