ADVERTISEMENT

Next years roster

They need to add 3 guards from the portal at a minimum. These days you can’t rely on freshmen. Maybe one of them emerges and grabs big minutes, but you need older guys, including a true PG and an Elliott-type 3-point shooter.

I do agree it is prudent to get some transfer help, but if he sticks here for next season, unless they have seen enough in practice to believe he simply is not a player, they have to give Dior the keys to the car at PG. Just the way it is in this day and age and you know from his history he is not sticking around if he actually can play and doesn't. No reason to even bother with him in the first place, otherwise.

And, Lowe is a PGish type player, too. Not ideal to have two PGs who have not played a minute of college ball, but it is what the roster looks like.

Whatever they do in the portal has to work around that, imo. So, any PG is probably going to be someone who is not a threat to actually be the starter, but a break glass in case of fire type.

Just how I am seeing it at this point.

This years team was better than the sum of its parts because of the chemistry they had. They all bought into the team concept. Hopefully the guys they add have that same quality like. Nellie JB Greg and Nike exhibited
yep

Has anyone besides the coaches seen Dior practice or what he looks like in warm ups? I agree, he may not have played in a game, but knows the system and likely has some practice chemistry. I feel he would have been gone if either side already wanted that. Had they had another 8-12 year in conference maybe he would still want out, but witnessing success can significantly decrease negative recruiting.

Last edited:
Carrington will more than fill Elliott’s spot. More athletic with a sweet stroke. Ok to bring in vets, but these frosh guards are not Santos, Jeffress et al. Some pedigree coming into the program. Yeah Texas schools passed but their loss if you ask me re: Lowe.

Chet Holmgren 7’ 1” and 195 lbs per the NBA profile Gary posted. Yeah that’s definitely Diaz twins territory. Worked out for Chet, 2nd overall pick in the draft.
Next year could be a special year. If twins show progress, healthy Fede, Dior pans out to be the nba pick he was talked about being, and they hit on a few transfers to go with an improved Hinson.

Reactions: jrozycki and gary2
Tall skinny white guy similarities aside, Chet was also the #1 recruit in the country for his class.
Yeah, my first post on this acknowledged the obvious difference in talent but otherwise the frames are about the same. I just couldn’t remember his name and made the inquiry herein for discussion purposes rather than googling for the answer.

You kid but that guy had some pretty good ability given his size. I’ve seen the longer video and he’s not a total liability out there. Granted he’s playing at very low level D3. And playing a MAC team in this clip for some reason??
hey, we gave Rozelle nix a scholarship so it's not like it's unheard of

Yeah, my first post on this acknowledged the obvious difference in talent but otherwise the frames are about the same. I just couldn’t remember his name and made the inquiry herein for discussion purposes rather than googling for the answer.
GDG actually looks like he likes to bang a little, he just can't. His rebounding suffers because he's easily moved and he doesn't have the hand strength to go up and snatch rebounds.

I know others don't feel this way, but he could become a really good center with added muscle mass. I don't think he needs to be a 4.

Reactions: jrozycki and gary2
I honestly don't know what to make with him.

He is so incredibly gangly and looks like a weeble when he runs, but while he looks awkward, is a pretty decent athlete for how he looks, has a real nose for the ball, nice instincts and is gamey.

Game is different now, he could be a 5, a 4 or even a 3 1/2.

Lots of observations yesterday on how Xavier pushed our 3-ball shooters off of the 3-ball line. When teams do that is when you must be able to score inside effectively to make the perimeter defenders sag off the 3-ball shooters. Fede before he got injured helped that way to some extent. The twins weren’t strong enough physically to do the same.

A pompous ass on Twitter that had connections to the staff during the early Dixon days to pump Antigua, then Herrion’s recruits, hasn’t had connections since because BK didn’t trust him or need him and has acted as THE authority on pitt hoops ever since. Don’t question the almighty Dokish, you will be blocked.

Basically every tweet he ever sends ends up being incorrect
Been blocked for over a year.

Tall skinny white guy similarities aside, Chet was also the #1 recruit in the country for his class.

And Holmgren averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists and 3.7 blocks in 26 minutes per game as a freshman. While shooting 71.7% on ones, 73.7% on twos and 39.0% on threes.

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that kind of production from either of the twins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT