ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fred Kitchens...

What defines a "yinzer"? Serious question. I see people who derogatorily refer to Steeler fans as "yinzers", as if not following Pitt football makes them some form of stupid. Where I think the reverse is true or should be true, why follow a team that gives you nothing but heartbreak and follow a team who gives a winning result more often than not?
Yinzer is a stereotype of a provincial, unsophisticated Pittsburgher, especially one that has a strong Pittsburgh accent. These stereotypes exist in other cities. Rocky Balboa is a Philly example of the same thing (a youser?), while the "Da Bears" skit poked fun at Chicago's version.

I don’t have one of those shirts and I have no Steeler tattoo but I did have a pet that I named after a Steeler so therefor, I too am a yinzer

Reactions: HOF Coach
My one dog is named Sidney. I am proud to root for Pittsburgh teams (well except the Pirates which I hate because of ownership).

I do thank god my mom when I was growing up didn't allow me to say "yinz' and I never picked up a strong Picksburgh accent an'at.

But I like Pittsburgh and am proud to be from here. Does that make me a "yinzer"?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
My one dog is named Sidney. I am proud to root for Pittsburgh teams (well except the Pirates which I hate because of ownership).

I do thank god my mom when I was growing up didn't allow me to say "yinz' and I never picked up a strong Picksburgh accent an'at.

But I like Pittsburgh and am proud to be from here. Does that make me a "yinzer"?
I named a cat after tommy Maddox for Christ sake. I don’t even like tommy Maddox. I mean I don’t hate him, just don’t like him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT