ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ke’Bryan Hayes’ gem at 3rd Base…

Helluva play. But my goodness, Molina. Even Spanky Lavalliere could have been in shallow right field by the time that thing got to first.

Yeah that's a play that probably doesn't even get Kevin Stallings. But still as perfect of a play as he could have made.

I think the only other person in the league he would have gotten too would be Pujols. Rediculous play regardless

Reactions: BFo8
It's in the first post. He's a great young player, definitely not defined by one baserunning mistake from weeks ago.
I know he will be a good one, just not in the burg, the Pirates will develop him, then ship him off to the Yankees, or Dodgers or the Cubs or another big market team, but missing 1st base after a hr was a comical moment in Pittsburgh,

Yeah - god forbid the home team announcer should be excited. Much better to just keep to boring, right?
usually you have folks who see the glass half full or half empty...except for many here who ask "what the hell glass are you talking about"?

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
usually you have folks who see the glass half full or half empty...except for many here who ask "what the hell glass are you talking about"?

People seem unable to enjoy any good moments when it comes to the Pirates. And I get that. I just don't really concern myself about what is or isn't going to happen in five years. I have no control over it unless I win the lottery and buy the team tomorrow. Until then, I'll enjoy what I can. And then, when ownership stops supporting the team (like they failed to do after the 15 season), I'll tune out until the next rebuild starts in earnest just like I did last time.

People seem unable to enjoy any good moments when it comes to the Pirates. And I get that. I just don't really concern myself about what is or isn't going to happen in five years. I have no control over it unless I win the lottery and buy the team tomorrow. Until then, I'll enjoy what I can. And then, when ownership stops supporting the team (like they failed to do after the 15 season), I'll tune out until the next rebuild starts in earnest just like I did last time.
I agree. I am as hard on the Pirates management and ownership as anyone. But....peppering every positive moment with "when will he be playing for the Yankees" or things like that get boring.

great post. pirate fans (if you can call them that) already complaining about Hayes playing for the yankees in 2026. Jesus fellas, relax a bit. we have a few days before then and now..

Pirates have Hayes under contract until 2027.. That's a really long time away..

I agree. I am as hard on the Pirates management and ownership as anyone. But....peppering every positive moment with "when will he be playing for the Yankees" or things like that get boring.
Yeah I mean it sucks that we have this ownership group. But if I was going to be as negative as some at every turn, I'd just find another team to support.

Yeah I mean it sucks that we have this ownership group. But if I was going to be as negative as some at every turn, I'd just find another team to support.
im worried we trade REynolds. Love that dude and honestly we could probably get alot back for him. IF we trade him, we better damn well get a crap ton in return though. not some 28 year old relief pitcher or a prospect from the dominican republic who ends up crashing his car and killing 3 people on a motorcycle in the dominican republic at 3am..

Last edited:
im worried we trade REynolds. Love that dude and honestly we could probably get alot back for him. IF we trade him, we better damn well get a crap ton in return though. not some 28 year old relief pitcher or a prospect from the dominican republic who ends up crashing his car and killing 3 people in the dominican republic at 3am..

Well, Cruz was absolved of any wrongdoing there and he is crushing it in the minors. He's going to be an important piece for us in a year or two, probably taking Polanco's spot in the OF.

I have some level of faith with Cherrington given what he's been able to get back in trades so far. Huntington, at least in the last 3-4 years of his regime, prioritized major league ready talent over quality prospects. What we got for Cole was laughable. Granted we were able to flip Musgrove (for a better return than we got for Cole). The one OF we got in that deal (Head) is probably going to be in the OF with Cruz and Reynolds soon.

I agree about Reynolds. He's not untouchable but pretty darn close to it.

im worried we trade REynolds. Love that dude and honestly we could probably get alot back for him. IF we trade him, we better damn well get a crap ton in return though. not some 28 year old relief pitcher or a prospect from the dominican republic who ends up crashing his car and killing 3 people in the dominican republic at 3am..
I trust (so far) this management group. I hated Huntingdon and I don't think everything was Nutting. I mean Nutting didn't tell Huntingdon to trade 3 top prospects for an over the hill pitcher on a team that wasn't a contender did he? He didn't tell them to draft Tony Sanchez 4th overall. Or a HS pitcher 2nd overall (Taillon) knowing how risky they were over Manny Machado?

One of the things that infuriated me most about Huntingdon, is he didn't go for talent as much as he did quantity and close to MLB ready despite not having a high ceiling like the return they got for Cole. Cole, should have commanded a ton in return. Cherrington seems to be aiming for higher ceiling, despite some guys being young and further away from the bigs. That is a bit more risky, but it has a lot more of an upside.

If the return is right for Reynolds, I would make that move. If not, no rush. Frazier I definitely move because his value will never be higher.

I trust (so far) this management group. I hated Huntingdon and I don't think everything was Nutting. I mean Nutting didn't tell Huntingdon to trade 3 top prospects for an over the hill pitcher on a team that wasn't a contender did he? He didn't tell them to draft Tony Sanchez 4th overall. Or a HS pitcher 2nd overall (Taillon) knowing how risky they were over Manny Machado?

One of the things that infuriated me most about Huntingdon, is he didn't go for talent as much as he did quantity and close to MLB ready despite not having a high ceiling like the return they got for Cole. Cole, should have commanded a ton in return. Cherrington seems to be aiming for higher ceiling, despite some guys being young and further away from the bigs. That is a bit more risky, but it has a lot more of an upside.

If the return is right for Reynolds, I would make that move. If not, no rush. Frazier I definitely move because his value will never be higher.

I think NH had a mandate to keep the facade of winning in place for as long as possible. It was a terrible tactic that dictated what we got for Cole and caused the Archer trade. We weren't going to win anything much with those teams given we had too many holes. But they wanted to keep the causal fan interested. Those were the dark days, much more than the pre 2013 years, because they took the franchise to a place where a full rebuild was necessary. Get a good return for Cole, don't screw up Glasnow and keep Meadows, and we could have been contending again fairly quickly.

I really never had a problem with them taking Tony Sanchez 4th that year. Looking back on that draft holy cow was the first round so bad. Their reasoning behind taking Sanchez was to go hard after HS pitching for over slot bonuses. There problem was that in that entire draft nobody that they gave any money to turned out to be any good at all.

I'm really torn on the Machado vs. Taillon pick. At the time it seemed like the smart thing to do is load up on pitching. He still had four decent years in Pittsburgh and if he stayed healthy probably would have lived up to his ceiling. I'm curious as to what the Pirates do this year with 1.1, they absolutely need as many high end arms in their system as possible.

I think the Pirates will move Fraizer and get an interesting return for him. I think they could easily just trade the back end of their bullpen and help boost the farm system too. Reynolds is an interesting case, they could probably get an absolute haul for him with how he is hitting this year. Honestly, I would trade him. The pitching is just so far away from allowing the Pirates to compete and they need as many viable arms as they can get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT