ADVERTISEMENT

OT. LIV golf.

A lot more money for a lot less work. I would have probably sold out too for that deal.

A lot more money for a lot less work. I would have probably sold out too for that deal.
Yeah, I don't blame the golfers. I get it. The only angle to be upset I guess is that Saudi money is dirty plus the landscape of playing 4 days and the majors. As a fan, it sucks. For me anyway.

Watching LIV golf is the worse. Too many graphics and the team concept, just blah.

LIV is fun to watch. Takes some time to adjust to it though, for sure. This years events have been much better

Isn’t the PGA tour going to merge with LIV? I had no idea LIV was on this weekend. I wasn’t a fan when I watched it.

Todays leaderboard. Dechambeau, dustin johnson ,matt wolff , John Rahm .Lets face it,I love the tour but the talent sold out
Why wouldn't they? Some were being given guaranteed 9-figure payout$ just to sign up, without even having to win anything.

Reactions: yourhired
Imagine paying players 100 mil contracts for a sport that is on CW that no one watches. Just shows you how much money the saudis have.

I’m far more into the LPGA . They play a game that’s more relatable and they’re prettier !

For those of you who think they don’t play much better than a scratch golfer you never played competitive golf . Try shooting 15-20 under on your home course ( as opposed to one your unfamiliar with ) for 72 holes ! They play from around 6500 yds too which to be comparable to the men they’d have to play courses 8000+ yds .

Last yr Minjee Lee hit her irons closer than any male PGA player from just about every distance under 200 yds .

As independent contractors it’s hard to blame anyone for taking the pot of gold , but what bothers me about it is that the top golfers were already financially independent with generational wealth . Just listen to what John Rahm said last yr !

Mens golf isn’t better with LIV .

I’m far more into the LPGA . They play a game that’s more relatable and they’re prettier !

For those of you who think they don’t play much better than a scratch golfer you never played competitive golf . Try shooting 15-20 under on your home course ( as opposed to one your unfamiliar with ) for 72 holes ! They play from around 6500 yds too which to be comparable to the men they’d have to play courses 8000+ yds .

Last yr Minjee Lee hit her irons closer than any male PGA player from just about every distance under 200 yds .

As independent contractors it’s hard to blame anyone for taking the pot of gold , but what bothers me about it is that the top golfers were already financially independent with generational wealth . Just listen to what John Rahm said last yr !

Mens golf isn’t better with LIV .
I don’t blame the players either for taking the cash. I prob would too. I just don’t like how there’s two leagues now. You can’t watch all the top players compete against eachother.

I don’t blame the players either for taking the cash. I prob would too. I just don’t like how there’s two leagues now. You can’t watch all the top players compete against eachother.
It’s a diluted product for sure .

It’s not like the guys replacing the Rahms and DJ’s aren’t really talented players . It’s just they don’t have name recognition and past success . But trust me they’re really good !

There’s not a lot of difference between the top guys and those struggling to keep their cards , a shot , shot and half a round . I played one yr with a guy whose currently on the European tour ( Sean Crocker ) and I’ve played with the top pros and ams in the state and several USGA champions and let me tell you , (Sean who is currently ranked around 190 in the world ) there’s absolutely no comparison . There’s plenty of great players in the world !

Last edited:
Reactions: UP_WarStreets21
I'm boycotting all golf now. Don't ask me y. I definitely will never watch liv golf. I heard the product is horrible.
It's beyond horrible. I mean it makes a complete mockery of the sport. It is not even a competition. It is like a bunch of dudes just weekend golfing. They can pay these guys millions, but no one is going to watch.

Which is why I say Pitt should lobby for one of the Saudi royal family come to Pitt and then funnel millions into the NIL
Good idea , but unfortunately the Saudi’s are trying to transform their economy and to attract tourism , Pitt Bb might not solve their issues !

They‘re building golf courses by famous designers like Nicklaus and Norman and plan to have 13 resort type courses by 2030.
Not sure where I’d rather go to for a week of golf Saudi Arabia or Pebble Beach . Definitely a head scratcher of an idea !

The nice thing of having so much cash is you can do whatever the f..k you want !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT