ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MASTERS WEEK!!! Who ya got??

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
One of, if not my favorite sporting event of the year. Nice all the crowds will be back.....we are going to have crappy weather so it is always great sitting in a cold dreary day and watching the Masters.

I like the winner coming from one of this group:
Xander Schauffle
Justin Thomas
Cameron Smith
Brooks Koepka
Colin Morakawa

What say yinz?

new-colin-golf-day-4.jpg

3648.jpg

I don’t know who on the board that has been to The Master’s, I have. First the topography of the course is amazing, no flat lies. The nicest sport event I have ever been too. I am rooting for Rory.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
One of, if not my favorite sporting event of the year. Nice all the crowds will be back.....we are going to have crappy weather so it is always great sitting in a cold dreary day and watching the Masters.

Xander Schauffle
Justin Thomas
Cameron Smith
Brooks Koepka
Colin Morakawa

What say yinz?
I'm a big Morikawa fan, but his game doesn't set up well for the Masters layout. His deaw game is non-existent, and while he may scramble to stay close the number belie him being the winner. Smith is a good pick and don't sleep on Cantley.

Reactions: TFBaum
I'm a big Morikawa fan, but his game doesn't set up well for the Masters layout. His deaw game is non-existent, and while he may scramble to stay close the number belie him being the winner. Smith is a good pick and don't sleep on Cantley.
Wife went to Cal so I will hear his name all weekend

Feels to me like one of those years we get someone unexpected.

Flyer - Billy Horschel. Playing well and is angry about not making Ryder Cup. Been looking to prove something.

Spieth playing like crap but something seems to happen there so I say he contends. Also no surprise if he doesn’t make the cut but I say he’s in the mix.

Don’t watch golf that much and only pay attention around majors. At my work we have do have polls for the majors. The polls are a tier system. So any names are welcome especially longer shots. Also I see Rahm is the favorite, but does his game play well at the masters.

My fav. Tony Finau is finally going to put together 4 great rounds at a major and grab it.

Don’t watch golf that much and only pay attention around majors. At my work we have do have polls for the majors. The polls are a tier system. So any names are welcome especially longer shots. Also I see Rahm is the favorite, but does his game play well at the masters.
Cory Conners and Justin Rose

Feels to me like one of those years we get someone unexpected.

Flyer - Billy Horschel. Playing well and is angry about not making Ryder Cup. Been looking to prove something.

Spieth playing like crap but something seems to happen there so I say he contends. Also no surprise if he doesn’t make the cut but I say he’s in the mix.
Spieth played very well last week, but he has the putting yips, which he tends to get inside 5-6 feet.

Last edited:
The television ratings at least for the first two days and even better if Tiger is even remotely competitive. And if Tiger is competitive all of the front runners sphincter’s will tighten so much they won’t stand a chance.

Xander Schauffle
Justin Thomas
Cameron Smith
Brooks Koepka
Colin Morakawa

What say yinz?
going out on a limb, eh? Since the final round is on Palm Sunday so I'm going with Tommy Fleetwood in all His glory.

I can't wait to watch these world-class premier athletes do their thing. Unreal athleticism these guys have. I'd like to see a few of them crossover and dominate the NBA, MLB, or EPL.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
The weather will be interesting. Storms today and tomorrow will soften the course a bit. But then it is supposed to be bone dry the entire 4 days and windy. And cool off. So this weekend is going to make for a much more difficult course that likely will play fast.

Thomas is playing well, he is overdue to take a major. I look for one of the good young players to take it this year.

I can't wait to watch these world-class premier athletes do their thing. Unreal athleticism these guys have. I'd like to see a few of them crossover and dominate the NBA, MLB, or EPL.
what is the EPL? Just wondering how many of those fellas in those leagues could break 70 at Augusta?

Putting is key here and the greens if fast just can be Oakmontish at times. I recall the greens used to come from some place in Butler that grew the greens for them. Not sure that is still the case. I like Thomas as he can put with anyone.

Spieth played very well last week, but he has the putting yips, which he tends to get inside 5-6 feet.
He should do what I do. Pick it up and call it a gimme and when your golfing partners start calling BS on it tell ‘em to shut up and hand them a Miller lite that you snuck in your cart that you brought from home.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
what is the EPL? Just wondering how many of those fellas in those leagues could break 70 at Augusta?

Golf takes a lot of skill. Its a skill activity/hobby similar to bowling, darts, billiards, etc. They arent athletes and its not a sport.

Golf takes a lot of skill. Its a skill activity/hobby similar to bowling, darts, billiards, etc. They arent athletes and its not a sport.
you compared golf to darts.. get the F out of here with your stupid nonsense..

the same guy that cries his eyes out when anyone makes fun of soccer and he tells us that any day now it will be huge in the US (been hearing this since the early 90s) and he posts this..

you mean not an athlete like a DH?

Walking 5 miles a day taking 70 pressure packed shots ( many at 300 plus yards) takes more athletic ability than playing first base...

odd that they cover it (unlike darts billiards etc) on sports channels...

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
you mean not an athlete like a DH?

Walking 5 miles a day taking 70 pressure packed shots takes more athletic ability than playing first base...

odd that they cover it (unlike darts billiards etc) on sports channels...
but in another thread he'll tell us that soccer players are sprinting the whole time and run half a marathon in every game..

I don’t know who on the board that has been to The Master’s, I have. First the topography of the course is amazing, no flat lies. The nicest sport event I have ever been too. I am rooting for Rory.
My dad was lucky enough to get tickets back in the early 2000’s. He said it was the greatest sports experience of his life. It is still insanely difficult/expensive to get tickets to this day (to the best of my knowledge)

Reactions: TFBaum

Xander Schauffle
Justin Thomas
Cameron Smith
Brooks Koepka
Colin Morakawa

What say yinz?

I think the winner comes out of those five, as well.

I think tiger is gonna be competitive and then the rest of the golfers are gonna be frozen in fear cause of tiger mania.

My dad was lucky enough to get tickets back in the early 2000’s. He said it was the greatest sports experience of his life. It is still insanely difficult/expensive to get tickets to this day (to the best of my knowledge)
yeah but the food is cheap. or so i heard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT