ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Maulers uniforms

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I kinda like them. But what I love is the helmet. I thought the Steelers should have gone with the gray face mask and block numbers to honor free meal Franco. Now that the Maulers did this, I’m guessing the Steelers never will.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Kind of looks like the Pitt hoops alternate unis. 😄
damn, you beat me to it..

leaving that aside, i really liked the old maulers uni's back in the 80s. i'd have loved for them to stick with those and maybe give them a tiny update. these are pretty sweet though.. i do admit i like most retro uniforms though..

R.7d981696c93b0fdf92ba4fc67550617e

Reactions: pierre93
Helmet looks nice. Unis are 🤮🤮🤮 Looks like the model accidently wore the Raiders pants with his uniform.

leaving that aside, i really liked the old maulers uni's back in the 80s. i'd have loved for them to stick with those and maybe give them a tiny update. these are pretty sweet though.. i do admit i like most retro uniforms though..

As a young teen at that time, I was into the whole USFL thing and hoped the Maulers make it and persist with their own identity (much as I am not a big purple guy).

The Penguins had succumbed to pressure around that time, having changed to black and yellow, and that ticked me off because I was a (rare at the time) fan of the Pens (Orest Kindrachuk!) and liked their blue and white look.

And one reason (not the only one, I’m not that much of a psycho) that I liked Pitt was that we were mavericks of sorts by keeping our colors amid the “City of Champions” hoopla.

This sort of brings the post full circle for my rather indifference to Pitt’s “black and yellow” alties. I understand the financials but it is pandering.

Agree, these were the bomb 💣!!!!! Ramblin Root Beer as one of their sponsors.

Reactions: bschulter
Needs black or yellow pants. The pants throw it off for me completely. I'm still unsure of the shoulders. Too much Titans vibes.

black jerseys w gold shoulders are nice; Steelers had those in late '60's. I hoped they would bring them back for the throwback uni's.

Reactions: Pitt79
black jerseys w gold shoulders are nice; Steelers had those in late '60's. I hoped they would bring them back for the throwback uni's.
The problem might be that the Steelers (who had decades of bad teams up to the 70s) might have never been a worse team in their history than they were in the couple years that they wore those particular uniforms. There might still be some internal refusal on the part of the Rooneys who can still recall it.

That’s what they tried to do - but I think the update was a little too bright and clashy.

I like going to black and gold - but like the Pitt hoops uni, they screwed up something pretty easy. I don’t get the gray pants unless they were committing to gray numbers. Could also do without the yellow shoulders. Just make the gold the trim.

The problem might be that the Steelers (who had decades of bad teams up to the 70s) might have never been a worse team in their history than they were in the couple years that they wore those particular uniforms. There might still be some internal refusal on the part of the Rooneys who can still recall it.
That kind of annoys me, I'd still like those unis, the fact they were bad when they wore them, has nothing to do with the jerseys. Of course, I don't believe in superstition.

i want the steelers to try the white pants look, circa 1970(ish). not all the time but for a game or two.. i like these..

R.d79766073318635a45a3425fa44e2256

Reactions: PittFanDan17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT