ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

Embiid faded at the end of the game as well when they needed him most. He wasn’t making any plays at the end and missed 2 foul shots with the game on the line. Similar to Giannis with the Bucks. I do agree that Simmons and Harris are the biggest culprits.

Embiid faded because he was literally one of two Sixers to score a point in the second half. Of course he's tired, he's carrying Ben Simmons and Tobias and their $350,000,000 contracts. Ben attempted 4 shots in the entire game and missed 11 free throws lol.

Gotta a funny feeling we're gonna have three Game 7s this round. Bucks did their part. Now, it's the Sixers and Jazz turn to do the same.

Last edited:
I’m really pulling for the Bucks. I’d like to see Giannis win one.

I'd love to see the stats on when Giannis refuses to take the "I dare you to shoot" jump shot vs. when he shoots it. It at least seems to me that when he refuses to take the bait and backs someone down, he is much more dangerous, even as an increasingly poor free throw shooter.

Now that the West final is set, I'm both pulling for and expecting the Suns to win... Especially if Kawhi continues to miss time.

I can't see CP3 missing more than a single game if that... I know he's in the protocol but also Matt Barnes said CP3 told him he was vaccinated. With that, can't imagine much of any symptoms. And, he'll have two negative tests before that 10 day wait is up.

Go Suns!

Tonight's Game 7, I'd like to see the Bucks but can't imagine Durant not finding a way to get this one. Also, fully expect the Nets role players to play much bigger tonight at home. Expecting a tight one though! And, hope I'm wrong.

How about Seth Curry this postseason? I expect another super tense one in the Sixers Hawks Game 7 tomorrow. I like the Sixers to pull that one out. They've controlled most of the series. Gotta avoid blowing a lead... Which I think they will this time...

What a roller coaster for the diehard Sixers fans here. Hang in there! Embiid and Co. had every chance to fold last night but did not. Showing some backbone.

Glad to see the Clippers finally get to the WCF after so many years of bad ownership under Sterling and Lob City choking away a few possible opportunities.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Glad to see the Clippers finally get to the WCF after so many years of bad ownership under Sterling and the Lob City choking away a few possible opportunities.
Feel for Mitchell and the Jazz a bit but glad to see them there too given the 50 year wait.

I can’t stand KD and don’t think he can win a title without another top 10 player alongside him… but he is exceptional at basketball.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I can’t stand KD and don’t think he can win a title without another top 10 player alongside him… but he is exceptional at basketball.

I don’t really like him either but I don’t know… what he did tonight was special. If either of Kyrie/Harden are fully healthy they win the Finals.

Sooo, same as Lebron?

Durant played 4 seasons with Harden (1 in Brooklyn) and 6 with Westbrook (2 of those overlapped)
He played 3 with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond
1 with Kyrie

LeBron played 4 with Bosh and Wade
3 with Kyrie
3 with Anthony Davis, but from age 34-36 so injuries have been an issue (and still won a championship)

Other than his rookie year, Durant has had a First Team All NBA guy with him in every season he's played. Durant's also played with better, and deeper, talent (I'd rank the players as Curry, Harden, Davis, Wade, Westbrook, Kyrie, Bosh, Draymond). LeBron had literally nothing for his first 7 years and still made the NBA Finals with Larry Hughes as the team's second best player.

I'm fine with KD. He seems like a good guy and his game is almost unstoppable at times.

Harden and Kyrie are two of my least favorite players in the league. I can't stand when Harden intentionally pulls the defender's arm into his and throws the ball in the air to draw a foul.

It was great to see the Bucks win.

Reactions: Ski11585
Durant played 4 seasons with Harden (1 in Brooklyn) and 6 with Westbrook (2 of those overlapped)
1 with Kyrie

3 with Kyrie
3 with Anthony Davis, but from age 34-36 so injuries have been an issue (and still won a championship)

Other than his rookie year, Durant has had a First Team All NBA guy with him in every season he's played. Durant's also played with better, and deeper, talent (I'd rank the players as Curry, Harden, Davis, Wade, Westbrook, Kyrie, Bosh, Draymond). LeBron had literally nothing for his first 7 years and still made the NBA Finals with Larry Hughes as the team's second best player.
James Harden wasn't even a starter when Durant played with him in OKC, certainly wasn't the player he became. So your summation is somewhat misleading.

You seem to forget James also played with Kevin Love, who made an all NBA team prior to coming to Cleveland.

The 2007 LBJ finals team gets waaaaaaaaaaaay too much hype. The east sucked that year, so someone had to come out of it, wasn't like he led them through a string of upsets.

Let me revise it then. KD can't get a team to the finals by himself if he doesn't have a top 10 talent alongside him.
There’s no uestion in my mind Lebron is the superior player but I think you’re selling KD a little short. You’re of course factually correct because he’s never done it. But he was literally an inch (maybe 2) of him doing it. He’s the only reason they were still in this series and that last shot in regulation was absolutely insane.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
There’s no uestion in my mind Lebron is the superior player but I think you’re selling KD a little short. You’re of course factually correct because he’s never done it. But he was literally an inch (maybe 2) of him doing it. He’s the only reason they were still in this series and that last shot in regulation was absolutely insane.
You're mistaken. Would still need to beat the Atlanta - Philly winner to make the finals.

1 with Kyrie

3 with Kyrie

Good post. Only quibble is that is put the Wade of 2011-2013 ahead of Davis.
KD is an outstanding player. I think adding KD to a team gives them a higher ceiling that LeBron. But not a higher floor.
Solid prediction.
Happy to be wrong. I hate the Nets.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Good post. Only quibble is that is put the Wade of 2011-2013 ahead of Davis.

KD is an outstanding player. I think adding KD to a team gives them a higher ceiling that LeBron. But not a higher floor.

Happy to be wrong. I hate the Nets.
I guess if you make a bunch of useless predictions you are bound to get one wrong every now and then.

I don’t really like him either but I don’t know… what he did tonight was special. If either of Kyrie/Harden are fully healthy they win the Finals.
Respectfully disagree. Watched the TNT guys discuss the Nets saying they have (3) of the Top 10 NBA players but not necessarily the best TEAM. 100% agree with them.

I’m not saying they function most efficiently… but KD, Kyrie, and Harden 100% healthy were not losing a series this year. They just weren’t.

People said the same thing about Miami when LeBron went there with Wade and Bosh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT