ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett is Similar to Palko

Palko clearly threw a better ball but I totally get the thread. Pickett and Plako are gutsy leaders who would probably jump into a fight if one broke out.
Disagree. Palko did not have the same velocity on his out patterns and less zip on his throws in general. Palko was only average going deep. He made up for it with his leadership, toughness, and he was a better runner than Pickett.

Out of the QB's on the roster at the time Palko had only the third best arm behind Getsy and Flacco.

Bottom line is that both Palko and Pickett are confident, tough leaders with plent if guts. By the way, Luke Getsy is now an Assistant Coach at Mississippi State.

That remains to be seen. Pickett seems to be just now starting to get it.

Yeah. I’d pump the breaks on any comparison. I don’t recall Palko having a particularly strong arm and It seems to me KPs is a bit stronger. Let’s see how high KPs ceiling is before we make comparisons. Early in the season he looked pretty bad but has gradually gotten better as the game has slowed down for him. Yesterday he played as well as any Qb in a long time. But it’s just one game

The season Kenny is having reminds me a lot of the year Palko had when Ed went to the Fiesta. I remember palko being a little more accurate on throws 20 yards in and better on unscripted runs. Pickett is better on scripted bootlegs and the mid to long term passing game including play action.

Last edited:
The season Kenny is having reminds me a lot o the year Palko went to the Fiesta. I remember palko being a little more accurate on throws 20 yards in and better on unscripted runs. Pickett is better on scripted bootlegs and the mid to long term passing game including play action.

In the first half KP made a play running to his left and made a really nice throw to find lopes about 20 yards down field. It’s going to be interesting to see how he continues to develop along with a young receiving corps

I did not get to see the WF game only highlights. With that said Palko all the way. Pickett has a stronger arm but that is all. Palko was more accurate and more fluid.

I honestly never really doubted pickett’s Skills. I doubted the way he was being utilized. The fact that watson spent the first half of the year rolling him out on almost every play is still confusing to me.

Reactions: McKee Place
I honestly never really doubted pickett’s Skills. I doubted the way he was being utilized. The fact that watson spent the first half of the year rolling him out on almost every play is still confusing to me.

He was rolling him because he was clearly not comfortable in the pocket. As the OL has gelled and he’s become more comfortable they have modified the passing game

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I think Pickett reminds me throwing wise of Pistol Pete Gonzalez who if used properly would have a pretty good Pitt career.

Yeah. I’d pump the breaks on any comparison. I don’t recall Palko having a particularly strong arm and It seems to me KPs is a bit stronger. Let’s see how high KPs ceiling is before we make comparisons. Early in the season he looked pretty bad but has gradually gotten better as the game has slowed down for him. Yesterday he played as well as any Qb in a long time. But it’s just one game
Plus we remember Palko when he was a finished product. Pickett has 2 more years.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
He was rolling him because he was clearly not comfortable in the pocket. As the OL has gelled and he’s become more comfortable they have modified the passing game
I think it’s more a matter of us playing teams, after the ND game, that don’t have the caliber of pass rushers we saw earlier. So we played 4 teams with talent more comparable to us.

Unfortunately, I expect us to revert back to KP rolling out — or running for his life — in the next two games...

Go Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT