ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Basketball Game Thread, All Gas, No brakes

Ok this is gong to sound dumb after 15 minutes, but Carrington reminds me of Carmelo.

50-15 halftime.

14 assists as a team in the first half

+18 rebound margin at the half

Pitt is shooting 55% as a team

4 total turnovers as a team

The 2 worst offensive possessions in the half were both by Hinson, our captain. An unnecessary fadeaway jumper which was a poor shot, and a wild dribble drive.

Jaland Lowe, the pressure is completely off. Just get into the flow of the offense. 2 of his last possessions were great, 1 perfect assist pass, 1 wideopen missed 3 missed by Jeffress from a perfect Lowe pass.

Team passing looked great. Jorge is fired up and leads the team in points with 12.

All gas no brakes, keep the gas pedal to the floor all 2nd half. Lets go!!!
That dribble drive is what I’m sure he was told needed work,

Today anyway, I just feel most at ease when the ball's in Carrington's hands than anybody else. He already knows how to control pace, even though it is against a totally retooled NC A&T team. He's very impressive.

Carrington clearly has “the look” of a guy that we haven’t seen too much at the guard position at Pitt. Bravo young man.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
Carrington has a triple double

18 points
12 rebounds
10 assists

Vader style domination by Carrington

vaderrogueone.gif

Now that football season is over, it's certainly good to have some winning ways happening at Pitt with the hoops team. Let's hope they keep it up and get us back in the NCAAT for a second year in a row.

This thread was named right.It was all gas and no brakes.I know they all wont be this easy but this team has talent and work well together.Even the bench is strong.

Reactions: PittAU
Carrington clearly has “the look” of a guy that we haven’t seen too much at the guard position at Pitt. Bravo young man.

I said last week he reminds me of those big Kentucky guards they always seem to have.

Pitt got the memo on NET. You can see with their rotations that they were actively trying to run it up. It sucks for the deep reserves but this is what the NCAA wants. The difference between an 18 point win and a 48 point win could be 3-4 NET lines and a full seed line. Its stupid but it is what it is.

Reactions: Fredact
Capel mentioned in his pressy that Nelly and Burton were here all summer working with the new guys. This was something they did on their own.
He also said that Freddy's workout with the Finish national team really helped. h-He was in touch with the Finish coach and told him some of the things Freddy needed to work on to get better and he can see that they helped Freddy with that.

Capel mentioned in his pressy that Nelly and Burton were here all summer working with the new guys. This was something they did on their own.
He also said that Freddy's workout with the Finish national team really helped. h-He was in touch with the Finish coach and told him some of the things Freddy needed to work on to get better and he can see that they helped Freddy with that.
Who’s Freddy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT