ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-FSU Game Thread

Tied with Clemson for 4th and Wake is now damaged with that home loss.

15 point win certainly won’t hurt our metrics.

Pitt wins by 15.

I still think we very likely need some more wins and potentially 3 more, but we are starting to blow acc teams out which is great. 5 of our last 7 games we have won by at least 10 points in the ACC.

If Wake beats Clemson and they both end up tied with SU at 11-9 for 5th, who gets 5th place?

That didn't feel very comfy. Still a good win.

Played between 10 and 16 for most of the game. Won by 15. Would never know it by this thread.

If we could have been a a little cleaner defensively, it was 20+. Not sure if the refs were just that ticky tacky or we need to clean up some things. Probably a bit of both. Lots of quick whistles.

Reactions: ShipofFools
I don't know what to make of Wake. They've really tarnished one of our best wins. If Missouri moves to a Q4 loss on top of that... ugh.

On the other hand, they're damn near playing themselves out, and bubble losses obviously help.

No hatin'... too much bitching. I'll confess to that. Turn-overs and missed FT's drive me nuts. If Pitt doesn't have a hot night beyond the arc, not sure we win. Then again, the foul call disparity was outrageous. But Pitt stayed tough. We were damned close to having 1/2 the team foul out! THIS IS AN NCAA TOURNY TEAM!!

Reactions: SteelBowl70
No hatin'... too much bitching. I'll confess to that. Turn-overs and missed FT's drive me nuts. If Pitt doesn't have a hot night beyond the arc, not sure we win. Then again, the foul call disparity was outrageous. But Pitt stayed tough. We were damned close to having 1/2 the team foul out! THIS IS AN NCAA TOURNY TEAM!!
they scored 88 points off one of the 5 longest/most athletic teams in the ACC. How is there anything to complain about?

We don’t talk enough about Jalen Lowe.

Lowe is going to be better than John Lucas III. And that is insanely high praise I just gave over a player that took his Oklahoma State team to the final 4, was the big 12 player of the year, and was an NBA player for some years.

We need a future star center and supporting cast for our future NCAA tournament run. Kante and...

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Lowe is going to be better than John Lucas III. And that is insanely high praise I just gave over a player that took his Oklahoma State team to the final 4, was the big 12 player of the year, and was an NBA player for some years.

We need a future star center and supporting cast for our future NCAA tournament run. Kante and...

Can’t believe I’m saying this about Pitt and not the Pirates - but we need to pay him (and Bub). Win/win - they get better and improve draft stock.

Reactions: DruidTM and Faix87
FSU shot 31 FT's to our 18. Ridiculous

Lowe: 17 points, 10 assists. Jaland runs this team and is their engine. Hinson is the turbo charger when he's hitting 3's.

Hinson took 11 threes and missed 5. He took 8 free throws, and also missed 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT