ADVERTISEMENT

Soo No word on Pickett ?

Already know what? That Pickett wasn’t going to play and was injured, among others?

Not sure what the rules are in college I know NFL teams get fined for doing what Narduzzi did
i retire, not worth it.
well if half the thread wasnt hi jacked I could tell ya.

OMG- aren't you on the injury email distribution list? I can't believe coach didn't give you advance notice. Im signing the Fire Narduzzi Petition tonight. This is completely unacceptable.

Honestly though, I think it’s a reasonable expectation for it to be on fans radar that your starting QB has something that might keep him out. I don’t remember something like this where I literally saw and heard nothing

Honestly though, I think it’s a reasonable expectation for it to be on fans radar that your starting QB has something that might keep him out. I don’t remember something like this where I literally saw and heard nothing

He was injured last week- what else do you want?

they did a super job of keeping it all under wraps, don't think I saw one news story or one post here about all those players missing today's game
I was going to say,did they close practice all week?we knew about PInnock and somewhat about Pickett.but you would have thought something would have leaked pregame.im just glad we won.I don’t bet on games but I can see why some would be pissed not having some of that info.

Reactions: FieldHouse12
we need Pickett now cause he knows when to run.. Im Fo real ..
he better play against Duke !!!!!

People do gamble on college football games. Not releasing injury information about key players can cost people a lot of money
You have a right to be angry if that happened to you. There’s just no reason at all for Pat Narduzzi or any other head coach to even give some random people gambling on a game a second of thought.

Considering what actually matters to the head coach of an NCAA football team... keeping these things hush-hush might help you out, it might do nothing. But there is absolutely no benefit nor one good reason that Pat Narduzzi should come out and announce to the world that it’s set in stone that Pickett will be missing the game.

You have a right to be angry if that happened to you. There’s just no reason at all for Pat Narduzzi or any other head coach to even give some random people gambling on a game a second of thought.

Considering what actually matters to the head coach of an NCAA football team... keeping these things hush-hush might help you out, it might do nothing. But there is absolutely no benefit nor one good reason that Pat Narduzzi should come out and announce to the world that it’s set in stone that Pickett will be missing the game.

You report injuries and report their status on playing in the game. Questionable probable doubtful

What if PN was laying the spread on a big bet? Now we have to run the registers to check for abnormal placed bets and bring PN up on official charges. We just lost our coach!

Well college football does not mandate schools report injuries so I was wrong. I can see that changing soon however with states adopting legalized sports betting

He was injured last week- what else do you want?

He came in and caught the winning TD pass. Then not a peep all week.

I don’t know...maybe a lot of us are use to the NFL where it’s a structured press conference, injury report, etc.

He came in and caught the winning TD pass. Then not a peep all week.

I don’t know...maybe a lot of us are use to the NFL where it’s a structured press conference, injury report, etc.

You have to love a degenerative gambler who can't figure out that college football isn't the NFL.

Reactions: superstein61a
Kevin Sumlin and Arizona wasn’t much more transparent than Pitt. Waited until 2 hours before game time to announce Khalil Tate wasn’t playing. His loss to them is a hell of a lot more noteworthy than Pickett’s was to Pitt.

Mentioned this earlier, but most books only take nickels or dimes on added board games like Pitt vs Delaware. As soon as anything unusual happens they move the number aggressively on these, which is why you saw the Pitt number move as much as 6 points real quick in a short period of time.

No one getting rich on an added board game. You pop it too many times as they keep moving the number and it comes out later there are injuries you run the real risk of being booted from the book for only a couple thousand dollars. No one wants that.

Honestly I'm glad how it played out, it was a surprise as I'm sure it was a surprise to Deleware as well. They probably planned for Pickett all week, and even him dressing left it unknown really what was going on. Knowing the outcome of the game not sure it matters one way of the other, but leading up to the game it would have kept Deleware in the dark as well which was smart.

We came in the stadium later than usual and we stopped in the end-zone opening to watch the players warm up while the girls went to the bathroom ( what's new right) and we noticed Patti throwing to the wideouts and Picket was there but not throwing. Not one of us mentioned "why is Kenny not throwing??" I guess in retrospect I thought he had already warmed up and it was Patti's turn. Drinking and gambling don't mix otherwise we would have all put a bet in for DE with the points thinking Kenny was not playing.

Last edited:
NFL rules are as relevant as women's volleyball rules in NCAA football. No sane NCAA coach ever discusses or discloses injuries unless it's the season ending variety.

I never gamble on sports, too unpredictable, but just imagine the backlash if Bama did the exact same thing with Tua in a game against Auburn or Georgia.

But anyway injuries to college football and basketball players are routinely discussed, can’t remember the last time something like this occurred with a “star” player

Honestly I'm glad how it played out, it was a surprise as I'm sure it was a surprise to Deleware as well. They probably planned for Pickett all week, and even him dressing left it unknown really what was going on. Knowing the outcome of the game not sure it matters one way of the other, but leading up to the game it would have kept Deleware in the dark as well which was smart.
Do you think that there was anything that Delaware would have done differently if they had known that Pickett was not playing? Pitt's offense is what it is, regardless of which of the qb's is playing. I doubt that the Duke coaches are going to stay awake nights worrying about who is going to play qb for Pitt on Saturday.

Reactions: BFo8
NFL rules are as relevant as women's volleyball rules in NCAA football. No sane NCAA coach ever discusses or discloses injuries unless it's the season ending variety.

Yeah, pretty much. Not sure why everyone thinks Pitt should be the team disclosing injury details every week.

This is all so silly.

At this time, Pitt is under no obligation to disclose a single thing about a player's health until they decide the time is right.

That's it.

I'm happy to have a discussion about how not disclosing injury reports could be a problem because of sports betting and the danger of a player or team personnel getting wrapped up in shady dealings. But as of now, the rules are what they are.

It's also not clear Pitt was positive that Pickett couldn't go until game day. And if Pitt was certain and didn't disclose it was probably a good decision under the current rules.

I don't agree with the thought that Delaware wouldn't have benefitted from the knowledge Pickett wouldn't play. Giving them time to game plan for that change may or may not have had any impact. But since the rules don't require you to disclose it why would any team give their opponent that chance? I personally would love to have an extra day or two to game plan entirely around facing a RS freshman QB rather than game planning around both possibilities.

Any Pitt fan upset that this wasn't announced prior to game time is to use the immortal words of the dear departed Scott Barnes, "in the wrong place".

The coaches are there to win games and to give their team any edge they can within the current rules, not to give their opponent an edge no matter how minor some might think it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT