ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers-Browns gamethread

The other thing on that play is that if you are the receiver on the side you are throwing that to and you have three guys there to possibly block, running right past all three of them and not even trying to touch one of them is probably not a good idea.
All of us sitting at home on our couches knew where that throw was going before they even snapped the ball. So did the defense 😢😢

If I remember correctly, going into this game both the offense and defense were ranked 28th out of 32 in the NFL. That pretty much says both are bad.

Only thing that can explain 6-3 with those pitiful rankings is turnovers.
I stand corrected. I didn’t realize scoring defense was so bad.

If I remember correctly, going into this game both the offense and defense were ranked 28th out of 32 in the NFL. That pretty much says both are bad.

Only thing that can explain 6-3 with those pitiful rankings is turnovers.

That's in yards, not points. They're like top half in points allowed. Some of that is attributable to the style of game they play, but they've also been opportunistic. I'm not saying they're great, but I don't think they've been "bad all year," either.

thats total defense, scoring defense is better
Yep, rankings I noted were based on total yards.

As noted, our 6-3 record given those rankings is thanks to turnovers, scores off of turnovers such as our 1 st game against the Browns with 2 defensive TDs, etc

Should have just QB sneaked 2nd and 1. No one waslined up over the center

I just realized that Pickett has a giveaway with his leg positioning whenever he does play action under center. It was pretty obvious on the most recent screen pass. If I’m able to see that, I’m sure other teams have picked up on it.

This is the kind of game Tomlin loses. No reason to lose to a team with a backup, but Tomlin loses more of his share of these. He’s good for one head-scratcher each year

Looked like the entire defense knew what that play was going to be.

Pickett isn’t going to make it through this game if they don’t start to block the defensive line.

Eh. There’s no bigger critic of this highly paid, should be top 5 in the league defense than me. But the philosophy is to prevent points not yards, and they’ve largely accomplished that on their way to a 6-3 record. I won’t be critical.

Guys like Lamar Jackson and Will Levis choking have more to do with that 6-3 record imo. You can't depend on every QB throwing awful INTs to win games.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Guys like Lamar Jackson and Will Levis choking have more to do with that 6-3 record imo. You can't depend on every QB throwing awful INTs to win games.
Well I’ll only say this. If you have the highest paid defense, you should be better than 28th in yards and 11th in scoring.

Reactions: joeydavid
Have we had a pass attempt to the middle of the field yet or has everything been the expected outside of the hash marks?

Reactions: pittpsu
Field position. Only way Steelers can hope to score.
Browns punter of course is crushing the ball.

Based on the schedule, the might be able to depend on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT