ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers-Browns gamethread

Pickett's recent play is by far the biggest reason the Steelers offense struggles to score. Canada is not missing reads nor consistently failing to execute on throws where players are open.

KP and Harris both need to sit.
Yup I’m sure that OL and Wr corps that you said stinks will suddenly play better and the Steeler offense will greatly improve like it did when mitch was starting last year and when he replaced KP when he got hurt this year. Oh wait….lol

The harsh truth from Ray Fittipaldo:

Quarterback: Kenny Pickett is regressing in his second season, and it’s now to the point where the Steelers might have to consider addressing the position in the draft again or via an offseason trade. Pickett was 15 for 28 for 106 yards. He didn’t break the 100-yard mark until the final play of the game. His pocket awareness is almost as bad as his accuracy. There were several occasions on Sunday where he missed receivers by 10 yards. Sunday marked his 22nd career start, and he lost to a rookie making his second NFL start. There are seven games remaining, and the locker room could be asking the coaches to make a change.

Grade: F-
Yeah that other qb played so
Well. He had all of 165 yards on 43 pass attempts. And threw a pic

Reactions: 303vND
Unfortunately, Kenny is regressing. He hasn't played with the same spark. His accuracy and habit of staring down receivers is getting worse the last few weeks. A new OC & QB coach might help. I'm rooting for him to turn it around. The rest of the offense is just as bad. I think Kenny should sit for now...

That has to be one of the weakest rebuttals I’ve seen. You’re actually dumping on a rookie QB making his 2nd start that led his team to a win after our QB had the same opportunity and quickly threw 3 incompletions in 14 seconds.

And regardless, what the opposing QB did is completely irrelevant to KP’s shortcomings.

So let’s see. The Ol sucks there’s only one wr that’s any good and rhe OC is a moron but KP is the problem and magically Mitch will be better.

That’s some logic there. Please tell me you’re not a Pitt grad
The interior OL is bad. Our talent is with our receivers and our 3rd down back. That tells me we need to line up with more spread formations (3 wr, I HB/TE, and I wr..or 4 wr and I rb).

There are no good options here. Just options that could and should increase our ability to score. That means less power running, less Harris, and having a qb who can throw for more than 120 yards a game. If you think KP can do that, then you have more faith than me.

Well here are the stats of recent play of KP:
-19/30 160 yards 1 TD 0 INTs
- 14/23 126 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs
- 14/27 93 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs

58% completion with 126 passing yards and a rating of 75.43..
You cannot consistently win with that level of play.
Cool now do mitches last 3 games
Because sample sizes , remember ?
This is fun
The offense stinks because the OL is bad and the play calling is awful
It was even worse with Mitch
It’s why he was benched for Kenny .
Remember ?

Yup I’m sure that OL and Wr corps that you said stinks will suddenly play better and the Steeler offense will greatly improve like it did when mitch was starting last year and when he replaced KP when he got hurt this year. Oh wait….lol
I never said the WR corp sucks. In fact, I listed the talent on the offense being with Pickens, Warren, and then after a gap Johnson, and Austin.

I don’t expect Trubisky to suddenly make the Steelers offense great. We have far too many holes. However, I do expect it to score more under his stewardship that Pickett. My god, with the exception of one play today which only happened thanks to Cleveland missing tackles we would only have scored 3 points. 3 points!

Tell me if roles were not reversed that if Trubisky were starting and generating this level of poor play you would not be screaming to start Pickett.

This is fun
Remember ?

MItch got benched for the poor start despite the poor OL play and play calling. Why is KP not held to the same standard l?

I guarantee that if the Steelers offensive players could vote for the starting qb it would not be KP. Just look at what Harris said after the game.

KP‘s play sucks. He deserves to be benched.

That has to be one of the weakest rebuttals I’ve seen. You’re actually dumping on a rookie QB making his 2nd start that led his team to a win after our QB had the same opportunity and quickly threw 3 incompletions in 14 seconds.

And regardless, what the opposing QB did is completely irrelevant to KP’s shortcomings.
Funny how when KP has done the same thing clowns like you crapped all over him LOL

I get it KP sucks Bench him now. The Steelers will win the Super Bowl with Mitch and Canada.

And those missed receivers by 20 yards were on mis-reads by said receivers. I hate the Pittsburgh media…they Fn stink!

I never said the WR corp sucks. In fact, I listed the talent on the offense being with Pickens, Warren, and then after a gap Johnson, and Austin.

I don’t expect Trubisky to suddenly make the Steelers offense great. We have far too many holes. However, I do expect it to score more under his stewardship that Pickett. My god, with the exception of one play today which only happened thanks to Cleveland missing tackles we would only have scored 3 points. 3 points!

Tell me if roles were not reversed that if Trubisky were starting and generating this level of poor play you would not be screaming to start Pickett.
Lol After pickens there’s a huge gap. You do realize Pickens isn’t a No1. So basically KP has no OL one decent Wr and a running back who doesn’t see the field much. Geez why isn’t he lighting it up

I get it KP sucks. If only theyd start Mitch they’d win the rest of their games He’s don’t it before as a stater for the Steelers

This is fun
Remember ?

I quoted recent play because you quoted that. I am fine with going with bigger samples. They are typically far more accurate. Either way Kenny loses not because i want him to lose but because the data show how bad a qb he is.

MItch got benched for the poor start despite the poor OL play and play calling. Why is KP not held to the same standard l?

I guarantee that if the Steelers offensive players could vote for the starting qb it would not be KP. Just look at what Harris said after the game.

Because Kenny doesn’t turn the ball over!! This is what the HC cherishes more than points.

Lol. Not sure what the dancing bear Naji said. After the game but he should shut is mouth and run harder He’s lucky Canada is a moron because any other OC would be sitting his ass and running Warren

And those missed receivers by 20 yards were on mis-reads by said receivers. I hate the Pittsburgh media…they Fn stink!
It was not a miss read by Pickett that cause poor throws on the 1st and 3rd down on the 2nd to last possession.

Because Kenny doesn’t turn the ball over!! This is what the HC cherishes more than points.

Then Tomlin is making a mistake. His defense is not good enough to hold teams to less than 13 points.
It would be one thing if we could move the ball and settled for field goals. Kenny also does not complete enough passes and keeping possession by extending drives.
We won’t make the playoffs and probably not have a winning record (why do we care about this meaningless stat?) with the current level of offensive production. The defense is likely to get worse with all the injuries. That means we need to score more.
Benching KP and Harris will help with that.

Funny how when KP has done the same thing clowns like you crapped all over him LOL

I get it KP sucks Bench him now. The Steelers will win the Super Bowl with Mitch and Canada.
Don’t have a clue where you’re coming from with your 1st paragraph, please show me where I’ve crapped all over KP anytime before this game.

But I’ve given him enough rope, he hasn’t put out a good complete effort in 22 opportunities and the majority of those efforts are way below par. I think his passing effort has been below 200 yards in half his starts. That just doesn’t cut it. We are well past the point of small sample sizes.

Reactions: martingale
Funny how the browns OV actually used the TE and threw over the middle instead out patterns.

I think it’s fair to say the jury is out and m KP but until they actually have a pro passing game I’m not sure how you can draw any conclusions either way
That is fair. Kenny might not look quite as bad with a coordinator who has a clue about pro route concepts. It wouldn't hurt to get Kenny a receiver or 2 who aren't head cases. Half the time they don't even run hard on their routes. I was maybe a little rough on Kenny. It is hard to blame Kenny when every aspect of your passing game sucks.

Lol. Not sure what the dancing bear Naji said. After the game but he should shut is mouth and run harder He’s lucky Canada is a moron because any other OC would be sitting his ass and running Warren
Please. Do not insult or disparage the life and career of Ron McDole.

I Believe it would be in Kenny’s best interest to sit and clear his head. Let Mason start and see if there is any difference in the offense. If there isn’t, then the players and fans know exactly who to put the blame on. The offense itself.

I believe most of the blame belongs to Canada. However, missing receivers, staring down receivers is on Kenny. The bad pass protection is on the OL. Wrong route running and dropped passes is on the WR’s

This whole situation makes Tomlin’s handling of the OC even worse.

If he had sent Canada packing during the bye week we could have gotten a better feel for if the offensive struggles are mainly Kenny or the OC.

Now, because he didn’t do what he should have, we get the back and forth debate. All that does is take the focus off of him. Maybe that is what he wants.

Honestly, if Kenny can’t get it done then I will thank him for the ACC championship and wish him the best as a career back up. I would just like to see if he fits better in a different offense first, but it seems Tomlin isn’t going to let that happen.

Reactions: Dan1911
Well here are the stats of recent play of KP:
-19/30 160 yards 1 TD 0 INTs
- 14/23 126 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs
- 14/27 93 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs

58% completion with 126 passing yards and a rating of 75.43..
You cannot consistently win with that level of play.

Dan Marino would suck 🐒 balls in this situation.

We get a “we don’t live in our fears” quote from Tomlin.

Which is laughable, given they way that they play. And especially the way they played today, against a team with a first game backup playing quarterback.

Because Mitch is worse .
Simple
This isn’t complicated

By the time DJ came open Kenny was getting sacked .
Cool example
That couldn’t be further from the truth. Anyone can pull up that video, pause and step through it to see how open DJ was with KP standing there before the pocket collapsed. Try it, the video doesn’t lie.

That couldn’t be further from the truth. Anyone can pull up that video, pause and step through it to see how open DJ was with KP standing there before the pocket collapsed. Try it, the video doesn’t lie.
I did
Dj crossed between the db and lb in zone to come open
By the time dj passed the LB Kenny had the interior DL in his face

By the time DJ came open Kenny was getting sacked .
Cool example
And earlier around the four second mark neither receive was looking There was one window of about a second before he got flushed that he could have made the throw

Somehow rhe browns were able to get wide open looks for their rookie qb all game long over the middle He didn’t need to go through his progressions to find open receivers

Reactions: PittPharm2002
And earlier around the four second mark neither receive was looking There was one window of about a second before he got flushed that he could have made the throw

Somehow rhe browns were able to get wide open looks for their rookie qb all game long over the middle He didn’t need to go through his progressions to find open receivers
DTR completed 24 passes in 43 attempts for a whooping 165 yards. How does that translate to wide open looks all game long?

You should have limited that comment to the Browns last drive.

He's watching the line and not the receivers. He has no trust in his OL.
If I got crushed as many times as he has (including the first snap of the day) I’d be watching the line too…

They f@cking suck. Period. It’s not close even a little bit.

This particular play is debatable as hell

Sure… stop the video at 3 seconds… then at 4 seconds … blah blah… Twitter experts abound today…

Problem is a real play doesn’t work that way.

If I got crushed as many times as he has (including the first snap of the day) I’d be watching the line too…

They f@cking suck. Period. It’s not close even a little bit.

This particular play is debatable as hell

Sure… stop the video at 3 seconds… then at 4 seconds … blah blah… Twitter experts abound today…

Problem is a real play doesn’t work that way.
Again if you stop it at 4 seconds neither receiver was even looking. He had a split second just before he got mauled (again) to hit pickens. But ya know video games …

Reactions: DruidTM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT