ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Ravens

As has been said time and again, the killer Bs, as dysfunctional as they were, masked a lot of this staff’s deficiencies.

I agree. The OC here seems more out of sync this year than the offensive players. Run the normal offense. If Rudolph cannot run it, at least you know he is not the guy moving forward. The funny thing is that Rudolph has shown that can run the offense and they still get cute for no reason.

Moreover, you have a really solid downhill runner in Conner. Occasionally line up over the center and let him get downhill and protect your young QB like did years ago with a young Big Ben.

A lot of the coaching this year for them has been maddening.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I think that it is hard to pin much on the GM because they clearly have talented players. His comments about Ben were eminently stupid but his job is to give the HC talent and they clearly have a decent amount of it.

The game planning and strategy have been lacking more than personnel and those are issues a little lower than the GM seat.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I think that it is hard to pin much on the GM because they clearly have talented players. His comments about Ben were eminently stupid but his job is to give the HC talent and they clearly have a decent amount of it.

The game planning and strategy have been lacking more than personnel and those are issues a little lower than the GM seat.

Jarvis Jones, Bud Dupree, Artie Burns, and Terrell Edmunds (willing to give him this year) prove to me that we have a drafting problem. The Steelers defense should be outstanding with all the draft picks and free agent signings Colbert has given it. Butler needs to fired but it's foolish to think we don't have serious personal issues on that side of the ball.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I think Dupree is fine. He is a solid football player just not a game to game to difference maker. It is easy to get spoiled at OLB considering the players that they have had there over the years.

The rest? Sure, bad picks. But he replaced them with better talent. The Nelson and Haden signings clearly have worked. Fitzpatrick is a stud. Bush was a really solid pick, as was Watt. Tuitt and Heyward are Pro-Bowl level talent.

EDIT: as you note, Edmunds is young and deserves more time to evaluate.

They have defensive talent. Defensive talent does not explain why OLBs are covering the opponent’s best WR at terrible times or why the scheme leaves big gaps in places. Or why they play 5 DBs on third and short at times.

I think Dupree is fine. He is a solid football player just not a game to game to difference maker. It is easy to get spoiled at OLB considering the players that they have had there over the years.

The rest? Sure, bad picks. But he replaced them with better talent. The Nelson and Haden signings clearly have worked. Fitzpatrick is a stud. Bush was a really solid pick, as was Watt. Tuitt and Heyward are Pro-Bowl level talent.

EDIT: as you note, Edmunds is young and deserves more time to evaluate.

They have defensive talent. Defensive talent does not explain why OLBs are covering the opponent’s best WR at terrible times or why the scheme leaves big gaps in places. Or why they play 5 DBs on third and short at times.

To many misses which means we have to make up for in FA. And they have not solidified the center of the defense especially against the run.
I agree the coaching is terrible but doesn't the GM have responsibility for that as well?

The Steelers as an org have a culture of no accountability. Clearly, the Antonio Brown saga showed. It runs from the GM to the coaches to the players. Fire Colbert and put someone in who will change that.

I couldn't tell if that was a fumble or not, but if it was then it is clear that Conner had been a huge game-changer in his early career... for the wrong team.

Edit: All good this time. Weird that Harbaugh challenged that but not the potential PI call on the turnover before it.

And we really need to retire the wildcat for today. We've got too many idiots calling the shots right now. I'd love to gut this coaching staff.

Highly doubt that was a fumble, but he does need to have better ball control.

They just need to stop with the gimmicks and get downhill. Terrible call on 2nd and 1 leads to rough sack on 3rd.

I just cannot understand why they want to take the ball out of Rudolph’s hands when he mostly has done solid things with it when given opportunity and time.

This OC is horrible. 2nd and 1 and they run wide. Just give the damn ball to Conner up the gut. You would have had 1st and goal. Idiot's.

Coordinators are garbage. But then again that’s not surprising given they hired the bradly as the dB coach.

Coaching hires will be Tomlins downfall in addition to awful first round picks

Rudolph looked right at Washington crossing on that 3rd and 6 but decided to take the sack instead. Right after he took a bad sack that he was bailed out on with an offsides penalty. Maybe he's proving my complaints against their high school offense to be misguided... he doesn't appear be the greatest decision-maker back there at this point.

I couldn't tell if that was a fumble or not, but if it was then it is clear that Conner had been a huge game-changer in his early career... for the wrong team.

Edit: All good this time. Weird that Harbaugh challenged that but not the potential PI call on the turnover before it.

And we really need to retire the wildcat for today. We've got too many idiots calling the shots right now. I'd love to gut this coaching staff.

sorry to disappoint you, I know you are only happy when miserable.

You're an idiotic caricature of yourself at this point. You literally just scour the board waiting for people to say something negative, so you can pop out of the woodwork like Captain Virtue.

you make it too easy, and you know it is true. I'm sure you will revert back to your other handle should we continue winning.

When it’s second and one and you tell the defense you are running the wildcat you deserve to lose 5 yards. Randy Fichtner is an idiot

but so is most of the defensive coaches and the worst special teams coach on the planet.

Glad we held on to that last timeout. That would suck if we had a few more shots at the end zone.

I evaluate objectively, and I say things that are both positive and negative. For some reason, you only pick out the latter comments. I have no other handle: That's just idiotic, as are the "you're a troll" and "you're a Nitter" accusations that get tossed around by the self-flatterers.

you've been coming to games at Heinz forever but just "found" this board in in August and have been posting prolifically ever since. Got it.

Insane. He was out from the initial blow, but I'm just hoping his head hitting the ground after that didn't do something really bad. I almost hope they shelf him for the year after that.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
So if both the OC and DC need replaced what's that say about the Head Coach and GM?
The rot in the Steelers org runs deep.
There is no HC on the Steelers team.
Just some guy who stands there with his arms crossed and looks angry all the time.
i

He says very little and writes nothing down. I rarely see him looking at a computer, pics, or print-outs. Is the headset plugged in??
Meanwhile Belichick and Staff are sorting through data, print-outs, looking at pics and computer screens.

Seems to me its obvious which method works.

The Steelers staff and GM is a Cluster Fu-k.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT