ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Ravens

This is stupid and bordering on the ridiculous. This move was entirely made in a way so that Jackson and the others will be cleared to play. Yet if Roethlisberger or Watt get hurt in practice tomorrow it would be hey tough luck buddy the game must go on.

Real bad look for the league.

This is stupid and bordering on the ridiculous. This move was entirely made in a way so that Jackson and the others will be cleared to play. Yet if Roethlisberger or Watt get hurt in practice tomorrow it would be hey tough luck buddy the game must go on.

Real bad look for the league.

You sure Jackson will be cleared to play? If he just got diagnosed I don’t think he’ll be playing.

Not sure, but if he was diagnosed on Thursday his 5 days would be up just in time for Tuesday night.

Ok. I didn’t know it was only 5 days. Assumed it was longer. Seems short.

But even at 5 wouldn’t he be out Tuesday? Assuming again he’d need to be out for the next 5 which would include Tuesday.

Not sure, but if he was diagnosed on Thursday his 5 days would be up just in time for Tuesday night.

But even at 5 wouldn’t he be out Tuesday? Assuming again he’d need to be out for the next 5 which would include Tuesday.
I believe the five days rule is for those who did not actually test positive but was in close contact with someone that did. For example, this was the protocol for Big Ben.

Since Jackson did test positive, I believe he has a timeline of ~10 days before he could be cleared. IIRC, them postponing it isn’t so that players who tested positive can be cleared. It allows them to contact trace and isolate the team so that they can separate those with the virus from the rest, allowing the game to safely be played.

I believe the five days rule is for those who did not actually test positive but was in close contract with someone that did. For example, this was the protocol for Big Ben.

Since he did test positive, I believe he has a timeline of ~10 days before he could be cleared. IIRC, them postponing it isn’t so that players who tested positive can be cleared. It allows them to contact trace and isolate the team so that they can separate those with the virus from the rest, allowing the game to safely be played.

You may be correct with this, hopefully that’s the case or it looks shady as hell.

I believe the five days rule is for those who did not actually test positive but was in close contact with someone that did. For example, this was the protocol for Big Ben.

Since Jackson did test positive, I believe he has a timeline of ~10 days before he could be cleared.

That is correct. Five days for people who have close contact but do not test positive. Ten days for people who do test positive.

The other kick in the rear over this is that the Stillers still have to play next week on Sunday against Washington, but the Baltimore - Dallas game was moved to Monday. If you were going to move one of those games to give someone an extra day, why on earth is it the team that caused the problem in the first place rather than the team that is getting screwed over by the other team's willful disregard for the rules and protocols the league put in place?

That is correct. Five days for people who have close contact but do not test positive. Ten days for people who do test positive.

The other kick in the rear over this is that the Stillers still have to play next week on Sunday against Washington, but the Baltimore - Dallas game was moved to Monday. If you were going to move one of those games to give someone an extra day, why on earth is it the team that caused the problem in the first place rather than the team that is getting screwed over by the other team's willful disregard for the rules and protocols the league put in place?

Thanks for the clarification Joe.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan

Baltimore-Dallas was supposed to be on Thursday , so it had to be moved. Not sure how that impacted the decision.

Baltimore-Dallas was supposed to be on Thursday , so it had to be moved. Not sure how that impacted the decision.

There is no reason why they couldn't move the Baltimore - Dallas game to Sunday and the Stiller - Washington game to Monday.

But what impacted the decision was that whichever television network is showing that game, I assume NBC, would rather show Baltimore - Dallas because that game will almost certainly get better ratings.

I mean it's not like there will be any fans allowed at the game that you might have to worry about impacting. At this point football in Pittsburgh is just a television show anyway.

Isn’t it a lose-lose situation for the Steelers regardless? They keep it on Sunday, isn’t there a good chance someone on the field gets it from a Ravens player that they don’t know has it yet. And then you have a potential domino effect going thru the Steelers with guys getting it or being in close contact and getting 5 or 10 days out of commission.

And of course if they keep moving it back to Tuesday like they have now, that screws schedule going forward.

It’s a mess for the Steelers either way.

The league is going too far to accommodate the Ravens at the expense of the Steelers. Do those extra two days really change anything aside from give the Steelers a short week heading into their next game? Two times this year that the Steelers have been negatively impacted by a team not following protocol.

Jackson won't be eligible to play either of the upcoming games as it stands now. They will have Ingram and Dobbins back though I believe. Either way, the Steelers will now have taken two screwjobs from the NFL.

I thought if you were part of the tracing it was 5 days, but a positive test by the individual is longer.

Jackson will be eligible against the cowboys.

From SI.com:

“In an interview Wednesday, Sills told the NFL Network that the league was reviewing genome sequencing among infected individuals to better understand the virus’ spread."

Sheesh. Just cancel the f'g game.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but so far there are no known cases of someone catching covid from an opponent in a football game.
Yeah, I’m aware of that recurring comment by the NFL but common sense says there has to be an increased risk of transmission given the # of Ravens players testing positive or in close contact to those that did.

All I know is that if I was a WR, I'd be coughing and sneezing all over the place throughout the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT