ADVERTISEMENT

These guys are relentless - WTF?

Everybody is reporters that have shared the info the last few days. I know, I know, Joepa didn't know either.... They're all lying...

Did you hear Kenny’s response when he was asked whether he learned anything from watching Rudolph play in the Seattle game. His answer and facial expression said it all.

Did you see Kenny’s facial expression when the fans chanted “Ru-dolph! Ru-dolph!”

Based on those reactions, I know who I believe. You and a few others are in denial.

I’ll throw another one at you. If Kenny didn’t go to Pitt and was African-American, none of you would give him the benefit of the doubt…. Truth.
Where are those reporters getting their information?

But why believe? Why not be patient until more details come out? Or why not refrain from getting so emotional and casting judgement on someone when you know so little? Not very impressive behavior for a decent person.

No. I waited and hoped for 25 games Pickett would be able to lead an offense that could put up 30+ points and he didn't. Probably the worst stretch of offensive football I've watch from the Steelers in my lifetime. I agree they don't lose the games that Mitch played a major role in.

Dave Todd + Eric Hagman = Douche Bags
Put dulac in there too.

So hagman called Pickett a punk but would not elaborate. What a true professional.

Lol. I'm assuming Wilson's abilitity to divide a locker room is the biggest reason the Broncos preferred paying him 38 million dollars to sit on the couch rather than be around the team.
I think it was just a smart business decision to get out of a hideously bad contract. The guy just isn’t that good anymore, get someone else in the draft like Frisco did.

Steelers hopefully will draft a quarterback high in the draft because neither Wilson nor Fields are the future. I would hope this new GM realizes this.

Reactions: pittmeister
I think it was just a smart business decision to get out of a hideously bad contract. The guy just isn’t that good anymore, get someone else in the draft like Frisco did.

Steelers hopefully will draft a quarterback high in the draft because neither Wilson nor Fields are the future. I would hope this new GM realizes this.
At least 50% of the lunatic fanbase doesn’t realize this already. It’s pretty clear

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
I watch other NFL teams every week with awful offensive lines, schemes, and no receiving weapons and yet 2nd and 3rd stringers would find a way to have a monster game with both yards and TDs. Just by pure odds Pickett should've lucked into a 3 TD game and he didn't. I just posted in another thread that Tommy DeVito, in a terrible offense, surpassed Pickett's TD total last season with 8. He had 2 multi-TD games, doubled the amount that Pickett had in his career.
THIS, THIS, THIS ^^^^^^

Reactions: Burgh15

Prepare for the Steelers to lead the NFL in negative plays.

Steeler fans constantly underappreciated Kenny's ability to protect the ball. They're now getting 2 cowboys who are extremely loose with it. Expect higher highs and much lower lows. I happen to believe that the net W/L will basically be the same, maybe a bit better or worse depending on their injury luck.
That's cool then even if it's the same net W/L watching the ''higher highs" will be more fun that watching Kenny protect the ball to the extreme.

When you'd rather leave than compete, you quit. Period.

"The day after Wilson agreed a one-year deal with the Steelers last week, Pickett canceled an out-of-town workout with the team’s wide receivers, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."

That is sulking...

I don't have to understand someone's situation when it's in plain sight for everyone to see...

But I know I know, everybody is lying and making up stories about Kenny.... Some of you sound like PSU fans when one of their own is getting negative press...
Do you know that to be a fact. Do you believe everything you read in the news paper ?

THIS, THIS, THIS ^^^^^^
What defied odds was that in his first 2 starts he had 5 ints. 4 of the 5 hit the intended receivers in the hands. Also, how many times did receivers drop passes in the end zone? He had crappy talent around him. What he did with what he had was pretty impressive. Just look at the team record with him and without him.

What defied odds was that in his first 2 starts he had 5 ints. 4 of the 5 hit the intended receivers in the hands. Also, how many times did receivers drop passes in the end zone? He had crappy talent around him. What he did with what he had was pretty impressive. Just look at the team record with him and without him.
Of course, "Pitt Guy" Kenny is never to blame, it's always someone else's fault :)

Reactions: Schaef60
Do you know that to be a fact. Do you believe everything you read in the news paper ?
No, I don’t. However, when you have two sides of a story you choose which story to believe. I believe the truth is usually in the middle. If you want to believe that Kenny is completely faultless and the story coming from Dulac is a total lie, then so be it.

I believe based on Kenny’s reaction to the Rudolph question and his reaction to the Rudolph chant tells me he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I believe a lot of the negativity is coming from some of the players, not the press. They are reporting what they are being told. No one has come out and defended Kenny. The players actively lobbying for Wilson tells me he had little support in the locker room, so something is up.

I still believe that Kenny is a good kid and he probably reacted as would many players. I wish him the best. I am a Pitt football fan first and a Steelers fan second.

No, I don’t. However, when you have two sides of a story you choose which story to believe. I believe the truth is usually in the middle. If you want to believe that Kenny is completely faultless and the story coming from Dulac is a total lie, then so be it.

I believe based on Kenny’s reaction to the Rudolph question and his reaction to the Rudolph chant tells me he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I believe a lot of the negativity is coming from some of the players, not the press. They are reporting what they are being told. No one has come out and defended Kenny. The players actively lobbying for Wilson tells me he had little support in the locker room, so something is up.

I still believe that Kenny is a good kid and he probably reacted as would many players. I wish him the best. I am a Pitt football fan first and a Steelers fan second.

well said, I don't agree totally but you make some good points. It is pretty obvious that much of the media has had an axe to grind with Pickett for a long time. And I do think the Steelers spoon fed Dulac trash on the way out. But as you said it is telling the players jumped pretty quickly on the Wilson train.

how many games did you actually watch? Do you use the DVR for the stillers?
I watched every play of every game and rewatched a lot of the games, and I didn't see that fantasy world where it's always everyone else failing poor Kenny. Sorry, Kenny had a few flashes of competence and a whole lot of mediocrity. You are the one that must not have been watching at all, or don't understand what you are seeing, Kenny was just not good no matter how much you wish he was.

I watch a lot of football. Kenny Pickett can be these guys. He could have been these guys here.

You think he can be a Super Bowl winning QB and HOFer at that too?

Phil and Troy had elite physical traits. Kenny does not.

Reactions: Pitt79
That's cool then even if it's the same net W/L watching the ''higher highs" will be more fun that watching Kenny protect the ball to the extreme.
If you definition of "more fun" is 9-7 again, being a playoff bubble team, and then having zero QBs signed in 2025 then more power to you.

Again, we should have just fired Canada after 2022. If Kenny ever got even half-a-season with a league average OC instead of a nepotism hire who was the worst OC in modern NFL history and who will never serve as an NFL OC again, I'd be a lot more in favor of these moves. Kenny was a sacrificial lamb here because Tomlin hires poorly. Of course all the drunk Yinzers are kicking him on the way out the door as they bring in 2 guys who had nearly 300 sacks and turnovers in the last 2 years.

BTW, no need to respond. We know how you feel about Kenny.

Most of the time it had NOTHING to do with anything Kenny did.

Only 6 4th quarter comebacks. Of course, that happened once Pickett stated throwing the ball downfield.
Of course, "Pitt Guy" Kenny is never to blame, it's always someone else's fault :)

Pitt79 is looking like PSU79 or WVU79..

Only 6 4th quarter comebacks. Of course, that happened once Pickett stated throwing the ball downfield.

Pitt79 is looking like PSU79 or WVU79..
So, the pitiful play the 1st 3.5 quarters was everyone else's fault, not on Kenny :)

Yeah, PSU or WVU because you're TOTALLY OBJECTIVE about what you see rather than just automatically kissing the Pitt guy's ass,

So, the pitiful play the 1st 3.5 quarters was everyone else's fault, not on Kenny :)

Yeah, PSU or WVU because you're TOTALLY OBJECTIVE about what you see rather than just automatically kissing the Pitt guy's ass,
My objective opion is that KP was not good. However; the route combos looked like they came from a midget program. The OL was horrible in protection and the WR'S played with bad attitudes. JMO.

My objective opion is that KP was not good. However; the route combos looked like they came from a midget program. The OL was horrible in protection and the WR'S played with bad attitudes. JMO.
Ok, so we are in agreement, Kenny was not good. That said, I didn't want to trade him necessarily, I thought he'd get another chance, but from what I've seen so far, I don't expect him to ever be a good NFL starter, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Nobody is talking about how the Steelers lied and misled Kenny (even though they very much did). They're talking about Kenny's attitude. If he stays silent and puts his noise to the grindstone the focus goes back to the Steelers. If Wilson gets hurt (and I bet he does) Kenny gets another opportunity. Like I said on a previous post, Bradshaw put up with much, much worse.
That's idealistic but probably untrue that Kenny "gets another opportunity" given how this has gone down. And yes, Bradshaw did put up with worse but the NFL was a much different world back then.

Joe had a haymaker of an arm and composure in the pocket.

Kenny does not.
Agreed on the arm talent. But not as much on the pocket composure. Put most qbs behind the Steelers OL early in the year and they’d have happy feet. One of the big differences in KPs senior year was he had much better protection. He isn’t Joe cool in the pocket but I think with good protection he can be composed enough to be effective

Also he’s clearly not HOF caliber. But I think he could be more than good enough to lead a team to a superbowl if given the right talent around him. I’m not totally sold on that though. I’d just like to see what he can do with a competent OC and decent talent around him. He showed some improvement after Canada left

That's idealistic but probably untrue that Kenny "gets another opportunity" given how this has gone down. And yes, Bradshaw did put up with worse but the NFL was a much different world back then.
I think you’re talking about in Pittsburgh and I agree. The entire situation turned too toxic for him to have any chance here. And I think he saw that as well and decided it was best to part ways

We all love KP here, but with the number of reports that are out there about his supposed behind-the-scenes transgressions, I do think we have to be open to the possibility that Pickett did do this to himself.
No..this is just the standard smear campaign that happens to ever ex Steeler who voiced concerns with being told one thing and having something else happen. Standard practice for the weak arse Pittsburgh media/press to carry the water for the Steelers state message.

These bums are so afraid of the "Steeler Machine" sending them to Siberia - not giving them press credentials to have access to the locker room, the press box and the free food.

That's why you never see any of the "local press" asks any hard questions. They wait for Brooke and before her Aditi to ask the tough questions...just a bunch of scared beotches!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT