ADVERTISEMENT

These guys are relentless - WTF?

The Steelers made all three of their QBs from last year want to leave and not look back. Then they brought in two QBs that were bounced by their respective teams. One of the teams is paying almost $40 million for their QB not to play for them. How is this some master class?
Us mortals aren't expected to understand.

Reactions: FireballZ
No, I don’t. However, when you have two sides of a story you choose which story to believe. I believe the truth is usually in the middle. If you want to believe that Kenny is completely faultless and the story coming from Dulac is a total lie, then so be it.

I believe based on Kenny’s reaction to the Rudolph question and his reaction to the Rudolph chant tells me he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I believe a lot of the negativity is coming from some of the players, not the press. They are reporting what they are being told. No one has come out and defended Kenny. The players actively lobbying for Wilson tells me he had little support in the locker room, so something is up.

I still believe that Kenny is a good kid and he probably reacted as would many players. I wish him the best. I am a Pitt football fan first and a Steelers fan second.
What I think happened piecing all this together is that Tomlin wanted KP to suit up as a backup / emergency QB in Seattle and KP did not because he wasn't fully cleared. This irked Tomlin, though he couldn't say anything publicly about it.

Then rumors started getting fed to the local pravda, and Kenny was relegated to 2nd string when he was cleared. The organization then lied to KP and Mason to keep them in the fold until they got Wilson. At that point it became clear neither were in the plans so KP requested a trade and Mason left as a FA.

So this all started with Tomlin expecting Pickett to suite up while still hurt, then taking offense when he didn't. Mike was butthurt because of some perceived lack of machismo from his QB and that was it. There isn't a single player on the roster that's going to go to bat for Kenny against Mike T, unless they don't want to be on the roster anymore.

Last edited:
What I think happened piecing all this together is that Tomlin wanted KP to suite up as a backup / emergency QB in Seattle and KP did not because he wasn't fully cleared. This irked Tomlin, though he couldn't say anything publicly about it.

Then rumors started getting fed to the local pravda, and Kenny was relegated to 2nd string when he was cleared. The organization then lied to KP and Mason to keep them in the fold until they got Wilson. At that point it became clear neither were in the plans so KP requested a trade and Mason left as a FA.

So this all started with Tomlin expecting Pickett to suite up while still hurt, then taking offense when he didn't. Mike was butthurt because of some perceived lack of machismo from his QB and that was it. There isn't a single player on the roster that's going to go to bat for Kenny against Mike T, unless they don't want to be on the roster anymore.
I think you are exactly right.

What I think happened piecing all this together is that Tomlin wanted KP to suit up as a backup / emergency QB in Seattle and KP did not because he wasn't fully cleared. This irked Tomlin, though he couldn't say anything publicly about it.

You come up with this elaborate "theory" but you get mad when you think media types are making up stories about Kenny?

Agreed on the arm talent. But not as much on the pocket composure. Put most qbs behind the Steelers OL early in the year and they’d have happy feet. One of the big differences in KPs senior year was he had much better protection. He isn’t Joe cool in the pocket but I think with good protection he can be composed enough to be effective

Also he’s clearly not HOF caliber. But I think he could be more than good enough to lead a team to a superbowl if given the right talent around him. I’m not totally sold on that though. I’d just like to see what he can do with a competent OC and decent talent around him. He showed some improvement after Canada left
Kenny's celing imo is that of a Ryan Fitzpatrick. Even if he becomes a starter again, he's always going to have someone nipping at his heels for the starting job.

In terms of pocket presence, Merril Hoge does a good job of explaining that 70% of NFL pockets are muddy and without great windows but the elite guys know how to find those windows and operate in that type of environment. JT O'Sullivan when breaking Pickett down thought he had some really unorthodox pocket movements coming out of college.

Reactions: Burgh15
You come up with this elaborate "theory" but you get mad when you think media types are making up stories about Kenny?

It's not a theory. It's an opinion by a poster on a message board.

I'm not a media member, and I'm not reporting sports news to the public.

If you're trying to say the local media is reporting opinion, rather than factual news, similar to a random dude on a message board, I guess I agree with you.

If you're trying to say the local media is reporting opinion, rather than factual news, similar to a random dude on a message board, I guess I agree with you.

Come on, you have to admit that it's kind of funny that he doesn't understand the difference between a fan posting on an internet message board and a reporter supposedly writing the facts for a news organization.

I mean it's kind of scary too, but you have to admit it's kind of funny.

That's what a lot of you claim is happening, I seriously think there is no anti-Pickett or anti-Pitt agenda at all by any Pittsburgh media member.

Come on, you have to admit that it's kind of funny that he doesn't understand the difference between a fan posting on an internet message board and a reporter supposedly writing the facts for a news organization.

I mean it's kind of scary too, but you have to admit it's kind of funny.
We have some very “special” people on the football and hoops site

We have some very “special” people on the football and hoops site
Whether it'd different or not, you're still doing the same sh1t you say you hate. It's also sad that some of you are so disturbed that you really believe they are NITTERS purposely making up stories about Kenny, that's some real paranoia, that's what's sad, and really scary that there are people like you out there. What proof do you have that the stories they told about Kenny aren't true? Sad that some of you are SO STUPID that you believe there's a secret Nitter conspiracy in the local media to spread disinformation to defame Pitt and Pitt grads :)

Reactions: sdnp
Everybody is reporters that have shared the info the last few days. I know, I know, Joepa didn't know either.... They're all lying...

Did you hear Kenny’s response when he was asked whether he learned anything from watching Rudolph play in the Seattle game. His answer and facial expression said it all.

Did you see Kenny’s facial expression when the fans chanted “Ru-dolph! Ru-dolph!”

Based on those reactions, I know who I believe. You and a few others are in denial.

I’ll throw another one at you. If Kenny didn’t go to Pitt and was African-American, none of you would give him the benefit of the doubt…. Truth.
Get lost

Reactions: Parkview57
That's what a lot of you claim is happening, I seriously think there is no anti-Pickett or anti-Pitt agenda at all by any Pittsburgh media member.
Words I have seen used by the Pittsburgh media to describe Kenny Pickett: "punk," "soft," and "liar."

Sure, there's no anti-Pickett agenda at all! These aren't loaded phrases and editorialism whatsover. Just the facts, right?

I don't know Kenny Pickett, I've never met him and I'm sure he has no idea who I am if he saw me. But a couple of years ago my youngest son passed away at 18 and my family was devastated. A few weeks later I got a package in the mail and it has a jersey, footballs, and a bunch of other things signed by Pickett. Apparently, someone had told him about my family and what happened and he took it upon himself to do this. I don't recall getting anything from any other Steelers, the Steeler organization, any Pittsburgh sports writers, or anyone else. So I can tell you from this that anyone who questions the man's character, lacks character themselves.

Words I have seen used by the Pittsburgh media to describe Kenny Pickett: "punk," "soft," and "liar."

Sure, there's no anti-Pickett agenda at all! These aren't loaded phrases and editorialism whatsover. Just the facts, right?
Editorials that are opinion based are part of what they do.

Dulac...Nitter...Cannot help but feeling (because it is true) that most of this anti-Pickett garbage is latent Penn State homer'age coming to light....Pretty sure if you checked the bios of most of these guys you would see this was a commonality....If Pickett was out of Illinois or Missouri none of this absurdity would be going on....they have been waiting for this day...

Last edited:
No very often they report factual stuff. How exactly do you know that the stuff they reported about Kenny that you don't like hearing are not all true? Provide me with some facts to show that what they said is not true?

Dulac...Nitter...Cannot help but feeling (because it is true) that most of this anti-Pickett garbage is latent Penn State homer'age coming to light....Pretty sure if you checked the bios of most of these guys you would see this was a commonality....If Picket was out of Illinois or Missouri none of this absurdity would be going on....they have been waiting for this day...
Please provide us with facts that will show that what was written here is not true. It says he cancelled a workout with receivers and refused to dress as emergency QB, he hasn't denied it himself, how is it that you are so adamant that none of it happened and it's all a Nitter conspiracy?

Please provide us with facts that will show that what was written here is not true. It says he cancelled a workout with receivers and refused to dress as emergency QB, he hasn't denied it himself, how is it that you are so adamant that none of it happened and it's all a Nitter conspiracy?

you realize this workout with receivers would have been him basically throwing to Pickens as Johnson and Robinson were both gone. So what's the big deal?

I know you are a fan of the Steelers, you don't care if the number one draft pick played at Taliban University.

Last edited:
you realize this workout with receivers would have been him basically throwing to Pickens as Johnson and Robinson were both gone. So what's the big deal?

I know you are a fan of the Steelers, you don't care if the number one draft pick played at Taliban University.
I am pretty sure that Pitt79 graduated from the Kim Jong-Il School of Media Literacy

Even the WDVE morning show cast was piling Pickett this morning. It was uncalled for. But they are the radio home of the Steelers and Prisuta who is a turd and Dulac who frequently calls in …… those guys take shots at Pickett and Pitt frequently. Randy Bowman actually said Pickett doesn’t need to apply to the Mensa society. Meaning he is dumb. Totally uncalled for.

Even the WDVE morning show cast was piling Pickett this morning. It was uncalled for. But they are the radio home of the Steelers and Prisuta who is a turd and Dulac who frequently calls in …… those guys take shots at Pickett and Pitt frequently. Randy Bowman actually said Pickett doesn’t need to apply to the Mensa society. Meaning he is dumb. Totally uncalled for.

Bowman is a psu grad, or at least an admitted fan. But I'm sure the usual suspects on this board will say there is not a media smear campaign from the psu crowd.

The Steelers made all three of their QBs from last year want to leave and not look back. Then they brought in two QBs that were bounced by their respective teams. One of the teams is paying almost $40 million for their QB not to play for them. How is this some master class?

None of what the Stillers do....NONE...makes any sense. I think that's on purpose because they are essentially morons.

I'm so glad I'm not a Stillers fan and trying to root for a team with no competent QB this year, no receivers, no lines, and a swiss cheese defense. You can't even draft competently. Every QB in the AFC North is light years in front of either reject on the Stillers roster. Get used to last place finishes for the foreseeable future, Stillers fans. I'm sure the Ravens, Browns and Bengals are licking their chops knowing they'll be playing the patsie Stillers twice each season, guaranteeing wins for them in those games.

WDVE??? Does anyone even listen to that garbage any longer with Sirius around?

None of what the Stillers do....NONE...makes any sense. I think that's on purpose because they are essentially morons.

I'm beginning to think...is this Tomlins last stand? I don't think he signed an extension yet. Was he given the ultimatum, you need to win a playoff game this season or else? Maybe he feels Wilson is his best chance for making this happen and winning immediately.

That wasn't the question, the question was did he cancel the workout, no matter how meaningless? Was it a lie that he cancelled this workout? That's the question.

Absolutely, Trump U, Putin State, as long as they kick ass on the field for the Steelers I'm good, if they aren't good of course I want them benched, it's not about them getting a chance or how their career goes, it's never about what school they were from, it's about the Steelers filling the position with someone better.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT