ADVERTISEMENT

These guys are relentless - WTF?

Remains to be seen how many wins Wilson and Fields will get them or if it will be an improvement but I find it hard to believe anyone with an unbiased outlook could fault the Steelers for thinking Wilson and Fields give ‘em a better chance.

That's certainly true. I mean it's not like one of those guys was a much higher draft pick than Pickett was and who has also had his team given up on him, and the other guy isn't someone that a team is willing to pay $37 million in actual cash money and absorb a total of $85 million in dead salary cap hits to have him play for someone else.

Wait a second....

It is absolutely possible that either Wilson or Fields will be better than Pickett. It is also absolutely possible that we will find out first hand why the Bears gave up on Fields and why the Broncos paid an unprecedented amount of money for the privilege of paying someone other than Wilson to be their quarterback.

Well if you’re in the personnel and management department of the Steelers or any other professional team, it’s all about acquiring the best talent for the $ available that gives you the best chance to win.

Remains to be seen how many wins Wilson and Fields will get them or if it will be an improvement but I find it hard to believe anyone with an unbiased outlook could fault the Steelers for thinking Wilson and Fields give ‘em a better chance.
Clearly their play was soo good with their prior teams that only the Steelers crack personnel team saw their value in a league where 10-15 teams are looking to upgrade their qb room

But hey that’s the Steelers prerogative Despite all the public comments stating they had complete faith in KP they clearly had decided to dump him in favor of fields and Wilson long before KP requested the trade Their actions made it pretty clear he was not in their plans.

So like the Steelers KP made a business decision and decided hed rather be traded than stay with a team that clearly no longer wanted him

But according to the media it’s KP who was the bad actor here

And to be clear I’ve said many times that the jury is out on KPs ability to be a winning qb. Hes shown some flashes at times with poor play as well it appeared that he was playing much better once the crack staff finally decided Canada was awful. Well never know if he could have continued to elevate his play after Canada was dumped It’s my opinion that he could have performed as well as Rudy did and that he can be a decent cousins like starter We’ll find out about the later

Funny, if KP had graduated from PedState or Hoopie U, the Panther Lair faithful would be reveling in this situation.

Steelers were responsible for giving KP a contract worth in excess of $14 million.
They gave him a shot to start over Trubisky after 4 poor performances his rookie year.
They stuck with him when he returned from injury that year.

He went into the season as the unquestioned starter.
He played poorly and was injured again.

The Steelers grabbed a bargain QB with a good pedigree to provide competition. Whether they meant it or not is open to question.
In any event whatever KP heard made him ask for a trade, and the Steelers accommodated him, getting a 3rd round pick and sending him to a Super Bowl contending team.

He'll be a FA in a couple of years, and have every opportunity to show the Steelers that they made a big mistake, or not.

We were mostly thrilled when he got picked here, but it was a rocky path and it didn't work out. Maybe it will somewhere else, but it's all up to KP just like it was when he was playing here.
Play better and none of this would have happened.

That's certainly true. I mean it's not like one of those guys was a much higher draft pick than Pickett was and who has also had his team given up on him, and the other guy isn't someone that a team is willing to pay $37 million in actual cash money and absorb a total of $85 million in dead salary cap hits to have him play for someone else.

Wait a second....

It is absolutely possible that either Wilson or Fields will be better than Pickett. It is also absolutely possible that we will find out first hand why the Bears gave up on Fields and why the Broncos paid an unprecedented amount of money for the privilege of paying someone other than Wilson to be their quarterback.
Joe. You don’t understand. In a league where 10 to 15 teams are looking to upgrade their qb room only the Steelers were smart enough to grab these bargain basemen qbs

And when er a if this plan fails it will be pickets fault because well. He forced the Steelers hand and made them go dumpster diving

Funny, if KP had graduated from PedState or Hoopie U, the Panther Lair faithful would be reveling in this situation.

Situation would have never existed. Dulac would have defended him, saying he left for the good of the team and was walking out with his head held high. Madden, Yohe. Adamski, Mueller would have never done the year long smear campaign. PG would have done a story on an exciting new flavor at the creamery and how KP stopped to sample it on his way to Philly.

Freeport, please show any examples of media coming down on PSU or WVU like Pitt. The reaction with huggins situation was tame. Cook wrote about time to heal at PSU

Situation would have never existed. Dulac would have defended him, saying he left for the good of the team and was walking out with his head held high. Madden, Yohe. Adamski, Mueller would have never done the year long smear campaign. PG would have done a story on an exciting new flavor at the creamery and how KP stopped to sample it on his way to Philly.
You'll never catch me defending the Pittsburgh Media. They are mostly garbage and boring.

I simply ignore them. I'd never let anything they write affect me to such an extent.

My point is KP graduated from Pitt and started his professional career. He's a rich man. His part of the bargain is to play well and stay on the field.
By playing well, I mean make good decisions, make accurate passes, quickly read defenses and process information, have disciplined pocket presence and avoid injury.
KP didn't do that enough to fit the bill as a franchise QB.

The Steelers moved on, and hopefully KP will as well. He may still become a franchise QB somewhere. He'll be a FA in a couple of years, then we'll see what the league thinks of him.

I don't get all the crocodile tears over this. It is a business and the Steelers made a business decision. Signing a bargain basement experienced QB and getting a highly drafted underperforming QB for basically nothing. They save a lot of $$ that can be spent improving the team in other areas.
KP goes home to Philly and aware from the brutal Pittsburgh Media. Win/Win!

The Steelers moved on, and hopefully KP will as well.

He has. It’s the fan base and the media that can’t stop obsessing over him. They act like jilted lovers.

I agree that the Steelers made a decision to move on from KP long before he requested the trade. So be it. While I think he could be a starting and winning qb (i don’t think he’s a franchise qb there are only. A handful of those). The jury is still out on that

KP made a business decision to move on just like the Steelers did The only difference is KP is being vilified for his
He may still become a franchise QB somewhere. He'll be a FA in a couple of years, then we'll see what the league thinks of him.

I don't get all the crocodile tears over this. It is a business and the Steelers made a business decision. Signing a bargain basement experienced QB and getting a highly drafted underperforming QB for basically nothing. They save a lot of $$ that can be spent improving the team in other areas.
KP goes home to Philly and aware from the brutal Pittsburgh Media. Win/Win!
No one is crying crocodile tears for him. Just pointing out how toxic the situation was which I have no doubt was another reason why he decided to be traded He seems to be happy with his choice and has expressed no animosity towards the Steelers

At

Wait a second....

At this point, I have no idea what their draft position remotely has to do with any team’s evaluation of any player. At least it sure shouldn’t.

I’m guessing you know why the Bears decided to cut loose from Fields this year, at least I sure hope you do. We also know from the end of last year that the Broncos decided to move on from Wilson and decided to take the cap hit rather than drag it out.

Aside from the above, I don’t know what point you’re trying to make. Your last paragraph, while worded completely differently, is essentially saying the same thing as my post…it remains to be seen whether Wilson and Fields prove to be a better combination than KP and whomever. Only thing I added, which you must not agree with, is that I think an unbiased outlook couldn’t fault the Steelers for liking the Wilson and Fields combination more.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Joe. You don’t understand. In a league where 10 to 15 teams are looking to upgrade their qb room only the Steelers were smart enough to grab these bargain basemen qbs

And when er a if this plan fails it will be pickets fault because well. He forced the Steelers hand and made them go dumpster diving
I guess you missed all the reports stating that the Eagles inquired about Fields before shifting their attention to KP.

But who cares which team or teams coveted which QB. I still can’t see how anyone with an unbiased outlook could think it is completely unreasonable and stupid to elect the Wilson and Fields combo over KP and whomever. Again, no telling yet if that’s the right choice but it sure isn’t an unreasonable one. Especially considering the $ invested to test it out.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Yeah, this whole "lied to Kenny" and "how they treated Kenny and Mason" is dumb. If you don't perform, teams are always looking to upgrade. If you do perform, but have contract demands too high, they're looking for a different answer. It's an ongoing cycle and if you don't understand that you're naive.
Teams should always be looking to upgrade. The Steelers are free to treat players however they want, and they're certainly free to make whatever personnel decisions they want.

There are different ways to go about your business. Some of us think the organization, and specifically the HC, has become petty and classless.

If you haven't figured out by now that 79 would rather have his quarterback throw for 400 yards and 3 tds in a 42-24 loss than have him throw for 200 yards and 1 td in a 17-10 win, well, I don't know what to say.
It's all or nothing with you people, of course I'd rather win, but sometimes throwing 3 TD passes is the reason you win, you can't win every game 17-10, and sometimes scoring even 30 isn't enough.

Well if you’re in the personnel and management department of the Steelers or any other professional team, it’s all about acquiring the best talent for the $ available that gives you the best chance to win.

Kenny was 14-10 during his first 2 years in the league with a trash OL and a completely worthless OC. He was 12-4 in the last 16 games where he played a half or more.

I guess Russ and Fields are on the clock to deliver better now.

It's all or nothing with you people, of course I'd rather win, but sometimes throwing 3 TD passes is the reason you win, you can't win every game 17-10, and sometimes scoring even 30 isn't enough.

Actually, it's pretty clear from your posts that it's all or nothing with YOU. You are the one who bitches about the quarterback play even when he wins. Because for you, wins aren't nearly as important as style points.

Kenny was 14-10 during his first 2 years in the league with a trash OL and a completely worthless OC. He was 12-4 in the last 16 games where he played a half or more.

I guess Russ and Fields are on the clock to deliver better now.
Nice of you to cite the Steelers record. I’m glad you were impressed with their performance over the last 2 years. That seems to really contradict the feelings expressed on this site about them over these past 2 years. I guess you’re crediting KP for all the wins and the rest of the Steelers team for all the losses.

Me, I’m glad to see them trying to do something to improve on the past 2 years performance. The floor was pretty low as far as what it might take to improve the QB performance.

And yep, Russ and Fields are on the clock. Pretty much the same as what I’ve been saying, remains to be seen if they made a good evaluation and choice.

Nice of you to cite the Steelers record. I’m glad you were impressed with their performance over the last 2 years. That seems to really contradict the feelings expressed on this site about them over these past 2 years. I guess you’re crediting KP for all the wins and the rest of the Steelers team for all the losses.

Me, I’m glad to see them trying to do something to improve on the past 2 years performance. The floor was pretty low as far as what it might take to improve the QB performance.

And yep, Russ and Fields are on the clock. Pretty much the same as what I’ve been saying, remains to be seen if they made a good evaluation and choice.
I don't know what you're talking about. The starting QB actually gets the W or the L in the stat line. Kenny gets the L when he plays just like the W. It's the team record when he plays.

Yeah, this whole "lied to Kenny" and "how they treated Kenny and Mason" is dumb. If you don't perform, teams are always looking to upgrade. If you do perform, but have contract demands too high, they're looking for a different answer. It's an ongoing cycle and if you don't understand that you're naive.
If you had any job where your management went out of their way to hire you....and then gave you no training program or improvement program.......Yep

Reactions: 303vND
I guess you missed all the reports stating that the Eagles inquired about Fields before shifting their attention to KP.

But who cares which team or teams coveted which QB. I still can’t see how anyone with an unbiased outlook could think it is completely unreasonable and stupid to elect the Wilson and Fields combo over KP and whomever. Again, no telling yet if that’s the right choice but it sure isn’t an unreasonable one. Especially considering the $ invested to test it out.
They inquired and went with Picket who costs more. So clearly the eagles think pickets better

I have no issues with the steeelers moving on. Clearly they decided well before KP asked to be traded that they wanted to move on from KP. That’s their business decision. KP made a business decision as well. He saw the what the organization said about him publicly didn’t match with what they truly thought about him So he decided to move on from a toxic situation where he clearly wasn’t in their plans

But one side is praised while KP has been vilified by the media and fan base Both sides seem happy with their choices. We’ll see who made the better choice

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Teams should always be looking to upgrade. The Steelers are free to treat players however they want, and they're certainly free to make whatever personnel decisions they want.

There are different ways to go about your business. Some of us think the organization, and specifically the HC, has become petty and classless.
This is the same fanbase that was dumping on Phil Jurkovec, Christian Veilleux, Kedon Slovis and rooting for our own version of Mason Rudolph (Nate Yarnell) all while hoping Pitt could land a stud in the transfer portal because the QB play sucked. The Steelers were no different than Pitt has been and they moved in a different direction. Should Narduzzi be satisfied with QBs who couldn't throw the forward pass or should he try to find a better option elsewhere and break the promise he made to the some of the guys (Yarnell for example) he recruited?

Reactions: Pitt79
This is the same fanbase that was dumping on Phil Jurkovec, Christian Veilleux, Kedon Slovis and rooting for our own version of Mason Rudolph (Nate Yarnell) all while hoping Pitt could land a stud in the transfer portal because the QB play sucked. The Steelers were no different than Pitt has been and they moved in a different direction. Should Narduzzi be satisfied with QBs who couldn't throw the forward pass or should he try to find a better option elsewhere and break the promise he made to the some of the guys (Yarnell for example) he recruited?
This is not the point. The point is the attacks on KP to paint him as the bad guy.

Actually, I think what people have complained about more is Pitt handing/promising the starter's job to the incoming QB. Which is exactly what is happening with the Steelers. So yeah, they're both doing the same stupid sh!t.

Reactions: NKSplitter
Actually, I think what people have complained about more is Pitt handing/promising the starter's job to the incoming QB. Which is exactly what is happening with the Steelers. So yeah, they're both doing the same stupid sh!t.

Are you still claiming Pickett wasn't cleared by the medical staff to play against Seattle?

Unfortunately there are more Steelers fans that hate Pitt than are Pitt fans. Most of the state of West Virginia are Steelers fans and they are all WVU faithful (with E@t S#it Pitt and all that). Western PA is divided between Pitt fans and Nitters. Pitt players will probably never get a fair shake from these fans.

Reactions: BurghGuy68
They inquired and went with Picket who costs more. So clearly the eagles think pickets better

I have no issues with the steeelers moving on. Clearly they decided well before KP asked to be traded that they wanted to move on from KP. That’s their business decision. KP made a business decision as well. He saw the what the organization said about him publicly didn’t match with what they truly thought about him So he decided to move on from a toxic situation where he clearly wasn’t in their plans

But one side is praised while KP has been vilified by the media and fan base Both sides seem happy with their choices. We’ll see who made the better choice
"They inquired and went with Picket who costs more. So clearly the eagles think pickets better"

No, this isn't accurate. Several teams inquired about acquiring Fields as their backup QB. They saw his 5th year option sitting out there at $25.7 million dollars that has to be exercised in May, and felt that was too much $ for a backup.

So, no. KP was not a more expensive option to Philly.

Clearly their play was soo good with their prior teams that only the Steelers crack personnel team saw their value in a league where 10-15 teams are looking to upgrade their qb room

But hey that’s the Steelers prerogative Despite all the public comments stating they had complete faith in KP they clearly had decided to dump him in favor of fields and Wilson long before KP requested the trade Their actions made it pretty clear he was not in their plans.

So like the Steelers KP made a business decision and decided hed rather be traded than stay with a team that clearly no longer wanted him

But according to the media it’s KP who was the bad actor here

And to be clear I’ve said many times that the jury is out on KPs ability to be a winning qb. Hes shown some flashes at times with poor play as well it appeared that he was playing much better once the crack staff finally decided Canada was awful. Well never know if he could have continued to elevate his play after Canada was dumped It’s my opinion that he could have performed as well as Rudy did and that he can be a decent cousins like starter We’ll find out about the later
Do you just have your head in the sand or do you outright lie to suit your narrative? Both Fields and Wilson had other teams interested. It's literally all over the internet. Wilson announced he planned to sign with the Steelers even before the tampering period began. I'm not even sure how that's possible. You claimed nobody wanted Rudolph because he didn't fit your narrative. Turns out several teams offered him too and he signed in day 1 of FA. What about Boyd? Does nobody want him because he hasn't signed with anyone?

As far as Kenny, name some other athletes who were thrown a parade or handed the key to the city after they demanded a trade or otherwise expressed an interest to leave? Did you root for Barry Bonds when he went to the Giants or Addison when he left for USC? When you break up with your team/city, there is always going to be bad blood. Even if you went to Pitt.

"They inquired and went with Picket who costs more. So clearly the eagles think pickets better"

No, this isn't accurate. Several teams inquired about acquiring Fields as their backup QB. They saw his 5th year option sitting out there at $25.7 million dollars that has to be exercised in May, and felt that was too much $ for a backup.

So, no. KP was not a more expensive option to Philly.
And yet Philly and the rest of the league passed on him. And if the Steelers pick up the 25 million option they are bigger morons than I thought

Do you just have your head in the sand or do you outright lie to suit your narrative? Both Fields and Wilson had other teams interested. It's literally all over the internet. Wilson announced he planned to sign with the Steelers even before the tampering period began. I'm not even sure how that's possible. You claimed nobody wanted Rudolph because he didn't fit your narrative. Turns out several teams offered him too and he signed in day 1 of FA. What about Boyd? Does nobody want him because he hasn't signed with anyone?

As far as Kenny, name some other athletes who were thrown a parade or handed the key to the city after they demanded a trade or otherwise expressed an interest to leave? Did you root for Barry Bonds when he went to the Giants or Addison when he left for USC? When you break up with your team/city, there is always going to be bad blood. Even if you went to Pitt.
Yup they were so much in demand Wilson signed for the minimum and fields was obtained for a cup of coffee

Who threw a parade for KP? Who gave him a key to the city after he said he wanted to leave Talk about making shit up

News flash it was a business decision. Despite their public support for KP they decided to move on. He clearly was no longer in their plans. KP was on board with the competition but when he saw he was no longer wanted he decided he wanted to be traded. He made a business decision. The Steelers got fields who they clearly wanted early on They seem to be happy with their decision and KP seems happy with his

Yet yinzer nation and the media are acting like jilted lovers.

Freeport, please show any examples of media coming down on PSU or WVU like Pitt. The reaction with huggins situation was tame. Cook wrote about time to heal at PSU
YEP!!!

Reactions: PantherRJ

Yeah…if it’s on the internet it must be true. Ya think their agents had something to do with that?

Are you still claiming Pickett wasn't cleared by the medical staff to play against Seattle?
Are you still claiming Wilson wasn't promised the starting job?

Depends what you read and what you believe. Tomlin said he was cleared late and hadn't practiced so he was inactive. Pickett said trainers and staff didn't clear him to play.

Last edited:
Yup they were so much in demand Wilson signed for the minimum and fields was obtained for a cup of coffee

Who threw a parade for KP? Who gave him a key to the city after he said he wanted to leave Talk about making shit up

News flash it was a business decision. Despite their public support for KP they decided to move on. He clearly was no longer in their plans. KP was on board with the competition but when he saw he was no longer wanted he decided he wanted to be traded. He made a business decision. The Steelers got fields who they clearly wanted early on They seem to be happy with their decision and KP seems happy with his

Yet yinzer nation and the media are acting like jilted lovers.
Move the goalposts, but I'll play along. Why would a team sign Wilson for more than the minimum? If someone told you that a house cost 30 million and you could pay 1 million and they'd pick up the other 29, would you say no no no, I'll pay 15 million and so you only have to pay 15 million? You'd be the dumbest person alive. If any NFL GM did that, they'd be delivering pizza the next day. You apparently don't even understand the situation.

And you are the one acting like we owe Kenny something. You.

Go look up Fields. The Bears said they turned down better offers to honor Fields wishes of teams he wanted to play for.

And Kenny didn't have public support. Leave your echo chamber every once in a while. All the pills I've seen from the local players show about 10-20 percent local support for Pickett

And yet Philly and the rest of the league passed on him. And if the Steelers pick up the 25 million option they are bigger morons than I thought
In fairness, nobody was picking up the $25m option on fields. Didn't matter where he went, that option was never getting exercised. He's on a one year contract for the Steelers and would have been for any other team as well.

Reactions: 303vND
Actually, it's pretty clear from your posts that it's all or nothing with YOU. You are the one who bitches about the quarterback play even when he wins. Because for you, wins aren't nearly as important as style points.
I want both, I want skill, not just a guy who hands off, always checks down to the safe pass and "protects the ball" and once he's 10 points behind the game is over because scoring 10 is too big of a mountain to climb, I'll take a win any way I can, but unlike the typical Steelers fan I WANT BETTER THAN THAT.

This is not the point. The point is the attacks on KP to paint him as the bad guy.
How do you know he isn't; everyone is always thrilled to paint Pickens or Johnson or Claypool or Wilson as the "cancer in the locker room" how can you be sure it's not Kenny? I don't know about any of that I've never been in the locker room, but so many here are so adamant about who's the problem and who isn't, have you all been in the locker room?

Move the goalposts, but I'll play along. Why would a team sign Wilson for more than the minimum? If someone told you that a house cost 30 million and you could pay 1 million and they'd pick up the other 29, would you say no no no, I'll pay 15 million and so you only have to pay 15 million? You'd be the dumbest person alive. If any NFL GM did that, they'd be delivering pizza the next day. You apparently don't even understand the situation.

And you are the one acting like we owe Kenny something. You.

Go look up Fields. The Bears said they turned down better offers to honor Fields wishes of teams he wanted to play for.

And Kenny didn't have public support. Leave your echo chamber every once in a while. All the pills I've seen from the local players show about 10-20 percent local support for Pickett
You are so blinded by hatred (that must extend beyond Pickett) that you are spouting nonsense that you can't possibly believe.

The Bears did NOT pass up some very attractive offers merely to, um, "honor Fields' wishes". I don't care what spin may be out there. It's a business and any GM would be fired for passing on a better offer of any significance. Period.

And the Broncos LITERALLY paid tens of millions of dollars solely to get Wilson out of their locker room and off their team.

Geez.

You are so blinded by hatred (that must extend beyond Pickett) that you are spouting nonsense that you can't possibly believe.

The Bears did NOT pass up some very attractive offers merely to, um, "honor Fields' wishes". I don't care what spin may be out there. It's a business and any GM would be fired for passing on a better offer of any significance. Period.

And the Broncos LITERALLY paid tens of millions of dollars solely to get Wilson out of their locker room and off their team.

Geez.
You're putting words in my mouth.

Who do I hate?

I'm just pointing out people are making things up out of thin air. That is what was reported about fields. I have no inside or contradictory information to those reports. Do you?

My point about Wilson was that of course nobody would've paid more than the league minimum to reduce the burden on the Broncos. That would be malpractice.

All I said about Pickett is that it's reasonable to assume that people are going to be unhappy with him asking to be traded based on EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone else has done the same.

Personally, I think it was stupid to get rid of both Pickett and Rudolph. I assume they wanted to keep Pickett, but Tomlin stuck to his whole volunteers not hostages thing.

You're putting words in my mouth.

Who do I hate?

I'm just pointing out people are making things up out of thin air. That is what was reported about fields. I have no inside or contradictory information to those reports. Do you?

My point about Wilson was that of course nobody would've paid more than the league minimum to reduce the burden on the Broncos. That would be malpractice.

All I said about Pickett is that it's reasonable to assume that people are going to be unhappy with him asking to be traded based on EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone else has done the same.

Personally, I think it was stupid to get rid of both Pickett and Rudolph. I assume they wanted to keep Pickett, but Tomlin stuck to his whole volunteers not hostages thing.
That's the point we are making - people are just making things up! Psst...the nature of the internet!!

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT