ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer commitment thread (not just Pitt players)

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Would like us to keep this updated for players of note:

- former Pitt players
- Pitt targets
- players transferring to and from ACC teams
- players transferring to and from 23-24 opponents
- players of local interest

I'll start

Caleb Love - Michigan

Damian Dunn (Temple) to Houston

2 guys we contacted:

Josh Cohen from SF PA to UMass
- this one surprised me. Skilled big. Thought he'd do better than us but did worse that us. Not sure how much we we recruited him though

Caleb Mills from FSU to Memphis
- would have filled the shooter role

Kerr Kriisa from Az to WVU
- freaking Huggy man. One of the best players in the portal.

I am getting inpatient. Still a ton of players left but only 1 on campus visit and 1 in-home visit (Girard) that we know about so far.

Just the Pitt contacts:

Still open

Z.Austin - Pitt
M.Stute
M.Amish
C.Ledlum
J.Girard
P.Johnson
DJ Horne
B.Selebangue
I.Leggett
E.Ellis
I.Jack
M.Cleveland

Eliminated Pitt

D.Jones - Auburn
P.Sparks - Indiana
T.Cooper - S.Caro.
D.Dunn - Houston
J.Cook - LSU
C.Mills - Memphis
J.Epps - Georgetown
D.Styles - Georgetown
M.Domask - Illinois
J.Withers - UNC

Last edited:
Not mentioned with Pitt yet Rumors, previous offers or visits

J.Bynum
P.Alexander
N.Fernandez
A.Curbelo
C.Westry
A.Walker
O.Nkamhoua
Q.Wahab
T.Samuels
M.J. Rice
D.Jones
D.Buchannon
R.Conway
A.Rohde
J. Bol Ajak
T.Maxwell
J.Riley
A.Collum
G.Gant
R.Beran
C.Smith IV
D.Langford
S.Phillips
E.Reid
T.Gapare
J.Beagle
J.Bradley
I.Coleman (2023 decommit)

Last edited:
Krissa takes alot of bad shots. Huggins will go crazy with him. Average to bad on defense as well.

I guess that we are going to have to wait for the better programs to fill up before we can start getting guys. I know they have better recruiters and more NIL but its frustrating to lose guys to Memphis, Houston, Auburn, etc. These are the types of recruits I thought we could maybe get this year and not have to wait until May or June when they filled up

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Mostly about the money. NIL is king. Not sure where Pitt stands in the race. I would assume Sec has the most money though.

Mostly about the money. NIL is king. Not sure where Pitt stands in the race. I would assume Sec has the most money though.

Yea. I dont think Pitt wants to be in that game. Too holy. Their website looks like a HS kid did it for a school project. It literally still features John Hugley. Not for long though because when I post something about it, they change it. A few months ago, I posted that it didnt even have anywhere on the site to actually contribute so shortly thereafter, they added a link to donate money

This guy averaged 6 and 4 in the MAC. I can't see any reason for going after him unless it's a developmental piece and a guy with strength. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like we can get someone better. How come we haven't reached out to the kid from Bradley that I like so much? He'd be a stud for Pitt.

This guy averaged 6 and 4 in the MAC. I can't see any reason for going after him unless it's a developmental piece and a guy with strength. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like we can get someone better. How come we haven't reached out to the kid from Bradley that I like so much? He'd be a stud for Pitt.
Mast is going to Iowa.

Reactions: bummer01
Now that Pitt has 4 open ships, this guy (5.6 and 4.2 in 16.4 min/game) would be worthwhile as a depth piece in the front court . He becomes Federico's backup for about 10 minutes +/- per game and allow both twins to be able to play as 4/3s facing the basket. It also would allow Capel to go to the two bigs on the floor lineup more often, especially when opponent matchups make that the way to go. And, it would also provide 5 more fouls available to give at the 5--an insurance policy.

Reactions: gary2 and bummer01
Seems like a random dude on twitter. Draft isn’t until June 22nd…
Hes not going to the draft, but that dude has bad info. Pitt was likely to land him until L$U started throwing money around. Id be surprised if he doesnt go to lsu at this point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT