ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Russell Wilson signing with Steelers per Schefter

Phew, you might not be wrong, but if that's the case then what does that say about incumbent starter who was essentially benched and outplayed by him?
Rudolph played against 2 really bad defenses, and a Ravens team that had already clinched and could give a rat’s ass if they won or not! Then you saw what happened against the Bills! I will take KP over him anytime!

Rudolph played against 2 really bad defenses, and a Ravens team that had already clinched and could give a rat’s ass if they won or not! Then you saw what happened against the Bills! I will take KP over him anytime!

Of course. KP played very well in his first game without Matt Canada. Then he got injured. He also missed a wide open TD from a misread on that drive, but he is still better than Mason and lightyears better than Mitch. He didn't have the best Wonderlic score, so I think it just takes him time to catch onto the offense.

Oh my goodness thank you! I don't dislike Mason Rudolph but everybody keeps coming in here like he showed up and beat the 85 Bears. He was pretty decent again some pretty crappy teams with a Steelers team that was desperate embarrassed and clinging to hope. Good for him for cashing in on that but the rest of the NFL was not fooled. The hate for Kenny Pickett is causing people to think that other folks are better than they are. Mason Rudolph is 29 years old he's pretty much hit his ceiling this is the prime of his NFL career and this is who he is Russell Wilson is 35 and soon to be 36 he's on the decline his best football is behind him not sure how people don't understand these things.

Dude, take it easy.
I'm not sure why you guys haven't blocked this person yet. I did it months ago and save myself from being subjected to his insane rant I think whoever this person is is someone that picket may have taken his girlfriend or something it's just way too personal for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I hate to say this but Kenny ain't it! Yeah he balled out against a trash Cincy team after Canada was fired but his play as a NFL Qb for 2 yrs of ball hasn't warranted them not making a move. They have enough pieces to make some noise in the AFC with a solid Qb and if you get Russ at the league minimum then you make that move. This team needs better Qb play and from what I saw from our guy he hasn't shown he has the moxie or tools to make it happen. That's real talk!

Last edited:
I’ll be the first to admit that KP has not played well. I’ll also be the first to say that he got effed over by the coaching staff. Not just Canada, but Tomlin as well. His first game against the Jets, when he went in the second half, that entire week, he didn’t take one rep in practice. Then at halftime Tomlin tells him, “get out there and play kid“. Hey Tomlin, what did you think was going to happen? Then you throw in the incompetent OC and offensive line, that admittedly got better throughout the season, just in time for Rudolph to come in. The Cincinnati game, the week after Canada got fired. KP played really well. Coincidence, I doubt it. Then he got hurt in the first half against Arizona and didn’t play the rest of the season. You have to let him play this year. If he craps the bed, then, yes, make the switch. But it would be a complete and total disservice to do otherwise. I think he’s been treated like crap in this city, the past season and a half. By fans and media alike. My God, the media treats him like he slept with their wives. I’m to the point where I wish that somebody else would have drafted him, for his own good. I almost hope that he does get traded, preferably within the division, so he can come back and shove it up their ass.

I’ll be the first to admit that KP has not played well. I’ll also be the first to say that he got effed over by the coaching staff. Not just Canada, but Tomlin as well. His first game against the Jets, when he went in the second half, that entire week, he didn’t take one rep in practice. Then at halftime Tomlin tells him, “get out there and play kid“. Hey Tomlin, what did you think was going to happen? Then you throw in the incompetent OC and offensive line, that admittedly got better throughout the season, just in time for Rudolph to come in. The Cincinnati game, the week after Canada got fired. KP played really well. Coincidence, I doubt it. Then he got hurt in the first half against Arizona and didn’t play the rest of the season. You have to let him play this year. If he craps the bed, then, yes, make the switch. But it would be a complete and total disservice to do otherwise. I think he’s been treated like crap in this city, the past season and a half. By fans and media alike. My God, the media treats him like he slept with their wives. I’m to the point where I wish that somebody else would have drafted him, for his own good. I almost hope that he does get traded, preferably within the division, so he can come back and shove it up their ass.
I've posted this same thing a number of times on here. The media is saturating the air waves with the propaganda and it's sticking. Everyone in the city doesn't feel that way, but the media controls the narrative. Be careful what you believe because the media makes many things appear different than what they actually are.

I hate to say this but Kenny ain't it! Yeah he balled out against a trash Cincy team after Canada was fired but his play as a NFL Qb for 3 yrs of ball hasn't warranted them not making a move. They have enough pieces to make some noise in the AFC with a solid Qb and if you get Russ at the league minimum then you make that move. This team needs better Qb play and from what I saw from our guy he hasn't shown he has the moxie or tools to make it happen. That's real talk!
But he hasnt played 3 years. He has played like 20 games.

I don’t see what’s weird about that. A million vs what Denver gave up is a world of difference.

Not to mention we’ve now seen what Kenny can’t do.
You don’t find it weird he calls him a self absorbed bum one year then tries to justify his signing by cross referencing with some of the Tier 1 QBs in the league?

Kenny is just a bum but hey let’s sign a self absorbed one too since he’s cheap. Got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
I'm not sure why you guys haven't blocked this person yet. I did it months ago and save myself from being subjected to his insane rant I think whoever this person is is someone that picket may have taken his girlfriend or something it's just way too personal for him.
Another WEAKLING who needs to block people :)

He's been treated like crap because he's played like crap, it's not everyone else's fault as you portray it, it's mostly his own fault.

You don’t find it weird he calls him a self absorbed bum one year then tries to justify his signing by cross referencing with some of the Tier 1 QBs in the league?

Kenny is just a bum but hey let’s sign a self absorbed one too since he’s cheap. Got it.
What i took from it is he’s worth the gamble for a million based on what we currently have. It’s pretty simple.

It's too scary, too much of a risk, the "Steelers Way" is take no risk at all ever. In every aspect, free agency, the draft, offensive play calls, it's all ultra conservative, play scared, go cheap, "protect the ball" and the status quo, any change or anything new petrifies the Steelers, just do what grandpa did 50 years ago and hope for the best.
Well sure...the coaching staff has been that way as was the former GM. Former. Last year, they moved Claiborne for essentially a 1st rd pick, and also moved up in the draft to take Jones. They did finally bring someone from the outside to run the offense. So let's see what happens.

Nice post — agree 100%! If they’re not going to give him another season to sort things out, then please trade him so he can do it with another team!

Well, one has proven they can win. One hasn’t. I am not sold on KP and I think it would be unwise for the Steelers to burn a year to find out what they have.

Yes, he’s only played in a few dozen games. But most of time a QB will show real progression in that span. How many qbs in the last few decades have been mediocre in their first 2-3 years and gone on to be pro bowl QBs? Drew Brees is one that comes to mind.

Wilson has been on the top of my bucket list all along. It’s a low risk, high reward signing… if he doesn’t perform well, you either cut him or bench him (on the vet min); if he somehow can return to MVP form, this team can win the Super Bowl.
Overrated
Over the hill
Cancer in the club house

Well sure...the coaching staff has been that way as was the former GM. Former. Last year, they moved Claiborne for essentially a 1st rd pick, and also moved up in the draft to take Jones. They did finally bring someone from the outside to run the offense. So let's see what happens.
They brought someone from the outside known for offense as conservative as they already do, there's not going to be any innovative passing game, it will be run, run again, play action maybe, not a big change.

It’s like a Tourette tic
Just like when you say Canada, Canada, Canada. Oh Ca-na-da why did you make Kenny bad, without you he's great :) actually I hope you're right and suddenly Kenny makes a miraculous turnaround.

He’s not going to sign one year deal though. At least 2 but more likely 3.

Guy is on tail end of the career. So you are signing a declining 35 year old to a 3 year deal? A guy who is going to want a guaranteed starting role who doesn’t get along with coaches or management.

This isn’t as good as it sounds. People thinking you are going to get him for vet minimum for one year are out of their minds.
He already signed the multi-year deal with Denver, and they are on the hook for almost $36 Million this year. He can sign with the Steelers for the vet minimum and still get that $36 Million from Denver.

Reactions: singregardless
Wilson signed for the minimum salary of $1.2M for 1 year. This is a good move for both parties. Let the competition begin!

I want to see the Steelers win, and he is better than Mason but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
Still have many holes to fill and what does this do to Kenny ?
I still think 8 didn't get a fair chance behind the worst OC and that line.
Maybe this will make Kenny better, stranger things have happened.

If Kenny is everything his ball washers say he is, this deal shouldn’t bother them. He’ll be the starter from day one.

“The way Russ played the last couple of years, he’s a deficient quarterback,” Schlereth said on Thursday’s “Pat McAfee Sho.”“He’s diminished, he doesn’t throw the ball in the middle of the football field, he doesn’t anticipate throws. You can sit here and tell me all day long, 26 TDs and 8 interceptions, I’ll tell you garbage numbers. The things he does, he’s just not good enough anymore, so we’ve got to move on from that.”

79 is not going to be pleased

“The way Russ played the last couple of years, he’s a deficient quarterback,” Schlereth said on Thursday’s “Pat McAfee Sho.”“He’s diminished, he doesn’t throw the ball in the middle of the football field, he doesn’t anticipate throws. You can sit here and tell me all day long, 26 TDs and 8 interceptions, I’ll tell you garbage numbers. The things he does, he’s just not good enough anymore, so we’ve got to move on from that.”

79 is not going to be pleased

So now we have two of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT