ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Game & Other Dribbles ...

This is what I don't get at all. Hoopies whining about officiating while they won a game, and obsessing about individual calls as if they had an impact on the eventual outcome of the game. That's a typical hoopie response and reminds me why we quit playing you guys. You need a life! Move on, for crying out loud!!

The call I highlighted was crucial because it took WVU's best player off of the court with 13 minutes left in the game. There were other bad calls, too, but that was simply egregious, the worst of the bunch, and had the largest impact on the game. Yourself and the other poster I quoted above were posturing as if the bad calls were imaginary and falsely claimed that they were due to a full court trap press that was hardly even run during the course of the game. I'm simply educating you and showing you video evidence. Feel free to disagree with my conclusion, but don't storm off like a real life Eric Cartman when your assertions are proven wrong and complain that I need to get a life.

I'm not going to throw all Pitt fans in the same boat like you are doing with WVU fans because its ridiculous to act like one person is indicative of an entire cohort. If a bad call happens, the fans of that team are going to complain. It's pretty simple. That isn't indicative of some overarching feature of the fanbase or the people of the state of West Virginia. That's just a silly way to think.

Reactions: WvuStudent
The call I highlighted was crucial because it took WVU's best player off of the court with 13 minutes left in the game. There were other bad calls, too, but that was simply egregious, the worst of the bunch, and had the largest impact on the game. Yourself and the other poster I quoted above were posturing as if the bad calls were imaginary and falsely claimed that they were due to a full court trap press that was hardly even run during the course of the game. I'm simply educating you and showing you video evidence. Feel free to disagree with my conclusion, but don't storm off like a real life Eric Cartman when your assertions are proven wrong and complain that I need to get a life.

I'm not going to throw all Pitt fans in the same boat like you are doing with WVU fans because its ridiculous to act like one person is indicative of an entire cohort. If a bad call happens, the fans of that team are going to complain. It's pretty simple. That isn't indicative of some overarching feature of the fanbase or the people of the state of West Virginia. That's just a silly way to think.

My claim about you is that you need to quit obsessing over something you have no control over. Officiating and bad calls, if they happen, are part of the game. Deal with it. Bad calls were made and have been made against Pitt all year, but we move on. Why are you so myopic about one dumb call?

Besides, all that matters to wvu fans is that they win. You won and beat a bunch of raw, inexperienced, fresh out of high school freshmen. Good for you. It's just a silly game. That's what I meant about getting a life. I don't even recall specifics of what happened with these bad calls you claim happened, and I don't care. It means nothing.

Please do explain the validity of the 4th foul on Carter as called above.

Actually I already explained it, and since it happened right in front of where I sit and actually had a far better angle on the play than that television camera did I have no problem saying that the ref's call was absolutely correct. Carter ducked his shoulder down and jumped into the defender. As I explained before that is a call that refs consistently called wrong, as a defensive foul, for years. And then a couple of years ago the people in charge of officiating told the refs to stop calling that as a defensive foul and if the player with the ball intentionally ran into the defender to call it an offensive foul. And they told them to call it that way because the rule book has never allowed an offensive player to intentionally ram into a defender an still get the call.

You are seemingly hanging your hat on the fact that refs called that play incorrectly for a long time, without apparently recognizing that the NCAA told refs a few seasons ago to stop calling the play that way and to call it by the rule book. And that is exactly what they did on that play. That play is EXACTLY the play that the NCAA told the refs a couple of years ago to call as an offensive foul. The fact that you don't know that doesn't mean that it isn't an offensive foul, it means that you don't understand the rules.

And by the way, the reason that you stopped the full court press was because your players couldn't play the typical physical in your face defense that they normally do without fouling. You didn't stop playing your normal defense because you got into foul trouble, you got into foul trouble because you couldn't play your defense without fouling. You have the cause and effect backwards.

And hey, I get it. On those occasions that you run into a crew that is going to call the game by the book and not allow your typical style of defense it makes it harder for you to win, and you don't like that. Believe me, the same thing used to happen to us sometimes when we played hard, physical defense (although we never pressed like you guys do). But the fact of the matter is that the officials are your best friends, because if they actually called all your games by the book you guys would be in foul trouble like that pretty much all the time. Fortunately for you, they don't normally call all your fouls. On one of the few occasions that they do it's kind of funny that you think that means that the refs had it out for you.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Pitt should have won by more in the 13-9 Game had the BE officials not done everything in their power to help WV. The bottom line is Pitt won that game. WV basketball won the basketball game on Sat. It is what it is.

WVU would of won28-13 if Rita didn't want out of Mo-town sooooooo bad!I think she was calling the plays for Wvu that night,her husband couldn't of been calling that crap.

WVU would of won28-13 if Rita didn't want out of Mo-town sooooooo bad!I think she was calling the plays for Wvu that night,her husband couldn't of been calling that crap.
Maybe the "plays looked like crap" because Pitt's defense was tremendously aggressive and efficient that night? Give some credit when it is due!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT