ADVERTISEMENT

Any news of Cameron Johnson's sitting out if transferring to an ACC

Yea, go to that shit school in Fort Worth and play for the guy who knows nothing about offense... I'm all for it. It's what Johnson deserves.
Far better than staying at crappy PItt, which doesn't know how to manage an athletic program.

BS. You don't limit a kid's options to attend any school no matter where it is if he has already graduated. Even if he hasn't, this is bulls$%t the way coaches and schools try to limit where a kid can transfer. I don't give a rat's ass if Stallings or any coach is trying to not have the kid come back and bite them in the ass by playing for an opposing team. If that's the way Stallings feels, he needs to learn how to be a better coach. That's on him, not Cam. But this strategy is typical of lower tier coaches and coaches who know they are incompetent but won't admit it.

This nonsense it totally, 100% on Stallings. And for graduate school, academics does become critical. For any of these players, academics should be important, especially since 99.9% of them won't be playing basketball beyond college and will need an education to get a real job.
Then you need to change the rules .
If you want a free education , coaching and all the perks athletes receive then you need to abide by the rules.
If you think if kids can leave any school they want and instantly be eligible to play that it wouldn't wreck havoc on all college sports your wrong .
The only times I think it's wrong to penalize the players is when there's a coaching change or serious family issues .
Making them sit out a yr allows then to put some serious thought into transferring for athletic gain .
If Cam is a legitimate 3.9 student who was able to graduate in three yrs from Pitt then he should transfer to an Ivy , Vanderbilt or to Stanford not UNC .
I wonder if he has talked to anyone from the academic side at any of the colleges he's considering or just the bb coaches ?

All this amounts to is more bad pub for Pitt. CBS Sports calling out Pitt for holding Cam back. Even if CBS is wrong, still, this is not a time when we need more bad pub. Let him go, so they beat us by 55 instead of 50, who cares?

Who cares what they say on the Internet. I think most sane people would agree you shouldn't allow a player to transfer to a conference opponent that you may play against 5-6 times.

I have said if Cam wants to go to UNC, then Stallings should let him if him and old oal Roy have a handshake agreement that he cant play against us.

Then you need to change the rules .
If you want a free education , coaching and all the perks athletes receive then you need to abide by the rules.
If you think if kids can leave any school they want and instantly be eligible to play that it wouldn't wreck havoc on all college sports your wrong .
The only times I think it's wrong to penalize the players is when there's a coaching change or serious family issues .
Making them sit out a yr allows then to put some serious thought into transferring for athletic gain .
If Cam is a legitimate 3.9 student who was able to graduate in three yrs from Pitt then he should transfer to an Ivy , Vanderbilt or to Stanford not UNC .
I wonder if he has talked to anyone from the academic side at any of the colleges he's considering or just the bb coaches ?

I agree....the rules need changed. The rules as they exist today are archaic and don't benefit the student/athlete (if there is any such thing in this day and age). And if they wreak havoc on college sports, college sports can deal with it. Just another reason to know that college sports is going deeper and deeper into the toilet.

Who cares what they say on the Internet. I think most sane people would agree you shouldn't allow a player to transfer to a conference opponent that you may play against 5-6 times.

I have said if Cam wants to go to UNC, then Stallings should let him if him and old oal Roy have a handshake agreement that he cant play against us.

Why? Seriously, give me one good, sane reason why? Don't tell me because he knows Pitt and could use that against us. That's a lame excuse.

I agree....the rules need changed. The rules as they exist today are archaic and don't benefit the student/athlete (if there is any such thing in this day and age). And if they wreak havoc on college sports, college sports can deal with it. Just another reason to know that college sports is going deeper and deeper into the toilet.
No the reason$ are all about the almighty buck $$$$$.

No the reason$ are all about the almighty buck $$$$$.

And that's the reason college sports has been flushed down the dumper along with all of the other s$%t. This should be about the student/athlete, not the almighty $$$. If you want to make it about the almighty $$, call it what it is: professional sports, pay the kids top dollar (not tuition), and they play professionally for the school as their sports team only. No classes, no GPA's, no entrance requirements (as if there are now). If they fail, it's up to them to get trained somewhere to get a real job. But this facade of professional sports posing as some college sports teams is a joke.

And that's the reason college sports has been flushed down the dumper along with all of the other s$%t. This should be about the student/athlete, not the almighty $$$. If you want to make it about the almighty $$, call it what it is: professional sports, pay the kids top dollar (not tuition), and they play professionally for the school as their sports team only. No classes, no GPA's, no entrance requirements (as if there are now). If they fail, it's up to them to get trained somewhere to get a real job. But this facade of professional sports posing as some college sports teams is a joke.
I've felt this way for awhile now . Offer the athletes a college eduction if they want one for the others make life skill training reading ,basic math skills available . Stop pretending it's about education it's not it's about $ and W&L.

I've felt this way for awhile now . Offer the athletes a college eduction if they want one for the others make life skill training reading ,basic math skills available . Stop pretending it's about education it's not it's about $ and W&L.

I agree. Let the kids get an education if they want it, but quit pretending this is about student/athletes. The kids do need some life skills to function in the real world, no matter what they do. But give them decent pay for playing a sport for the university, at least in the 2 revenue generating sports.

If they want to get a degree at the same time, they pay for it. No athletic scholarships.

No way you release him to play for any conference opponent... or known OOC opponent either for that matter.

He has other similarly excellent options outside the ACC. He'll be just fine.

That's the norm, and Pitt has stop imposing above and beyond levels of sanctions on itself.

As far as "bad pub", that warrants a chuckle. First, this would pale in compare to the awful pub this program has gotten every day for like 400 continuous days now. And in sports, the WORST pub is losing because you don't give a sheet, aka, quitting. And this would be a prime example of not giving a sheet.

There have been over a dozen sportswriters who have written scathing articles aimed at Pitt and Kevin Stallings. With every one of those articles being tweeted to potential Pitt recruits, AAU clubs, and recruiting sites. You KNOW that coaches recruiting against Pitt will use this like a club: "See what the Pitt athletic department and coaches will do to you? They don't care about you at all".

Maybe all of that doesn't bother you, but the rumor is Cam and his family are willing to go much further, and drag this out even longer. Possibly even taking Pitt to court over this. Good luck recruiting and fund raising with all of this bad publicity, that you don't care about, going on.

You might win the battle...

"Go to Pitt and they won't let you transfer to an ACC team. Come here and we will!

Somehow I think that sales pitch misses the mark.

Far better than staying at crappy PItt, which doesn't know how to manage an athletic program.
Pitt's done far better at managing their hoops program than TCU has.

I don't know if Pitt managed their hoops program at all. They won the lottery with Howland then when they stupidly thought they were too clean for Calipari and Prosser turned them down, they got lucky that Dixon turned out to be a good coach.

I would call it luck more than good management. When recruiting fell off under Dixon, Pitt reverted back to what they were.

Your sample size is one year and mine is 40. Going 6-12 in conference and not making the NCAA tournament doesn't change anything.

Are you really arguing that Pitt basketball has been successful for the last 40 years? Have you ever looked at our Big East Tournament record prior to Howland?

Are you really arguing that Pitt basketball has been successful for the last 40 years? Have you ever looked at our Big East Tournament record prior to Howland?
I was responding to a post by the now anti-Pitt, pro TCU troll who can't get over his butt hurt. Apparently, you didn't follow.

And your response was wrong. Pitt has not been an above average program for the majority of those 40 years.
In a response to why Cam doesn't go to Ft. Worth, butthurt posted:

Try and put two and two together slowly. I'll give you a hint, it has to do with TCU sucking balls as a basketball program forever.

Reactions: gary2 and Ronnyp91
In a response to why Cam doesn't go to Ft. Worth, butthurt posted:

Try and put two and two together slowly. I'll give you a hint, it has to do with TCU sucking balls as a basketball program forever.
That all changed. Try to keep up.

I don't know if Pitt managed their hoops program at all. They won the lottery with Howland then when they stupidly thought they were too clean for Calipari and Prosser turned them down, they got lucky that Dixon turned out to be a good coach.

I would call it luck more than good management. When recruiting fell off under Dixon, Pitt reverted back to what they were.
Indeed. Pitt's meager success over the years almost totally can be attributed to luck.

He's already sat a year so I believe he loses a year of eligibility if he sits out next season. My guess here is the family believes he'll need 2 years of competition to be ready for the next level or perhaps he just wants to play 4 years of college ball.

hey Jeff- had been trying to contact you via the email address listed on the game trading site. Is that email still good? thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT