ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs vs Bengals

Joe was roughed more than once and knocked on his ass after plays. Nothing.
While effed up if true (and I’m not suggesting it isn’t) it’s a different matter. Like I said it seems pretty universal it was a poorly officiated game. But the fact remains that call is gonna be made 100% of the time. And not just on QBs. That wasn’t a marginal late hit.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Cool Story!
Every team in the NFL would have beaten the 49ers today with their 4th string QB and RB at the controls.
Haha. I get it, little bro.

Enjoy watching another Philly Super Bowl victory while crowing about meaningless +.500 seasons, all while being a distant second fiddle in your own division, at best. Should be a great game.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Well at least they ended it on a personal foul and reminded us of the biggest steeler playoff win in the past 12 years.

The NFC was 41-39 against the AFC this season. The 49ers have a world of talent outside of the QB position. The Eagles have won 22 of their last 25 games with Hurts starting.

The Eagles pass rush will be a major problem for a hobbled Mahomes or Burrow with line in shambles.
Eh. I like you fireballz, but even if the Eagles win the SB, no one cares. It’s the Eagles and they have no NFL cache.

While effed up if true (and I’m not suggesting it isn’t) it’s a different matter. Like I said it seems pretty universal it was a poorly officiated game. But the fact remains that call is gonna be made 100% of the time. And not just on QBs. That wasn’t a marginal late hit.

Lots of people saying there was offensive holding om that play. Can't say I personally saw it, though.

Burrow didn't impress me much today, but the line didn't do him any favors. I thought they should have ran the ball more at the end.

Reactions: h2p_5150
Haha. I get it, little bro.

Enjoy watching another Philly Super Bowl victory while crowing about meaningless +.500 seasons, all while being a distant second fiddle in your own division, at best. Should be a great game.
The Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls. How many have the Eagles won?

They better win the next six for us to be their little brother.
They are one of the milque toast franchises of the NFL. Largely irrelevant historically.

They have a cute little window going. Let their fans thump their chest. I might even root for them.

You know you’ve arrived as a franchise when
A) you have a large worldwide following and B) when neutrals root against you. In the Eagles case, they have neither.

I'm so sick of hearing the NFL media suck off Burrow. He's yet to score 30 points in a playoff game. Or been in the MVP conversation at any point of his career. This guy is supposed to be the best QB in the NFL?

His defense held Patrick Mahomes in check all game. But this allegedly great QB threw two INTs and was held to 20 points by an average defense.

Kansas City was playing with a depleted receiving corp. They made some really key defensive plays in the 4th quarter. Both teams are better than the Steelers by a wide margin. Unless the salary cap and the dreaded dilemma of having to pay too many superstars thwarts both teams, the Steelers are going to have to beat these teams and the Bills. Best of luck

I'm so sick of hearing the NFL media suck off Burrow. He's yet to score 30 points in a playoff game. Or been in the MVP conversation at any point of his career. This guy is supposed to be the best QB in the NFL?

His defense held Patrick Mahomes in check all game. But this allegedly great QB threw two INTs and was held to 20 points by an average defense.
Burrow is a ****ing beast.

It was dumb. Did Mahomes embellish a bit? Probably. Was it a penalty at face value? Yeah. Should it have been called in that situation after they got multiple questionable calls? Eh.
How do you embellish going face first into the bench after getting a 2 hand shiver to the back from a 300 pound dude who benches 450 while you’re running 3 yards out of bounds and stumbling trying to put the brakes on with a bad leg?

Come on man. That was the easiest call ever.

KC had the 5th-rated defense in the NFL this season, hardly average. And Burrow came into the league 3 years ago, on the worst team in the NFL, and lead them to the Super Bowl in his second year, and the AFC Championship game twice. And that is not good enough?

How do you embellish going face first into the bench after getting a 2 hand shiver to the back from a 300 pound dude who benches 450 while you’re running 3 yards out of bounds and stumbling trying to put the brakes on with a bad leg?

It was a penalty. It's just an instance where I would have liked to have seen a makeup no-call since it didn't affect the play.

It didn't look like he pushed him that hard from the hind angle. Still a penalty. Still a dumb play. Clock operator would have put five more seconds on the clock anyway if they needed it, so it likely wouldn't have mattered much.

It was a penalty. It's just an instance where I would have liked to have seen a makeup no-call since it didn't affect the play.

It didn't look like he pushed him that hard from the hind angle. Still a penalty. Still a dumb play. Clock operator would have put five more seconds on the clock anyway if they needed it, so it likely wouldn't have mattered much.

Not sure I understand your position - when do late hits out of bounds ever affect the play?

1) I can’t stand calling roughing the passer for guys simply playing football. Glad they didn’t turn it into flag football.

2) The referee (white hat) isn’t in charge of the game clock. That isn’t his responsibility. Every official has a specific responsibility on the play. The deep guy that is in charge of the game clock was shown trying to stop the clock before the snap, but didn’t get the attention of the referee and the snap went off. The clock operator screwed up that specific play.

3) I’d have to look at it again.
4) The call was a little weak.
5) They were letting them play and both teams got away with some holding.

Last edited:
The referee (white hat) isn’t in charge of the game clock. That isn’t his responsibility. Every official has a specific responsibility on the play. The deep guy that is in charge of the game clock was shown trying to stop the clock before the snap, but didn’t get the attention of the referee and the snap went off. The clock operator screwed up that specific play.
to what effect? What difference did it really make.

Weren't they adjusting the clock before the previous play?

couldn't they adjust it again after that play was run?

Last edited:
to what effect? What difference did it really make.

Weren't they adjusting the clock before the previous play?

couldn't they adjust it again after that play was run?
The deep official was stopping the clock and I’d assume blowing his whistle from the TV replay they showed. The referee didn’t see or hear him apparently, but once the deep official stops a play you can’t let the play count. The clock operator was at fault on that one.

The deep official was stopping the clock and I’d assume blowing his whistle from the TV replay they showed. The referee didn’t see or hear him apparently, but once the deep official stops a play you can’t let the play count. The clock operator was at fault on that one.
Would you agree that was a bit of a ridiculous move to try to make that call at that time?

Any clock discrepancy could be addressed after the play.

It was trivial at that time.

Would you agree that was a bit of a ridiculous move to try to make that call at that time?

Any clock discrepancy could be addressed after the play.

It was trivial at that time.
No - the play CANNOT count once the official is stopping the play by rule.

Also For Example) What if a couple defenders stop because they see him stopping the clock and blowing his whistle?

No - the play CANNOT count once the official is stopping the play.

For example) What if a couple defenders stop because they see him stopping the clock and blowing his whistle?
That is not what I am arguing.

He should never had tried to do what he did at the time he did.

It could easily have been fixed after the play.

Dead ball after the play, clock adjustments are made all the time.

That is not what I am arguing.

He should never had tried to do what he did at the time he did.

It could easily have been fixed after the play.

Dead ball after the play, clock adjustments are made all the time.
The majority of times in football you make the change once you see the error. I suppose he could have been more demonstrative and the other officials could have joined in on stopping the clock as well once they saw what he was doing.

Reactions: gary2

Cause there is no doubt he did. You don’t watch soccer that much do you?

Burrow is an excellent QB. Any other take is just insanity.

But... The Bengals better move to protect him more.

Because of the magnitude of the game and the fact that the Chiefs seemed to get so many calls, I would have let it slide.
And you would have been tarred and feathered by the entire football world outside of Cincinnati for doing so, while losing your job in the process.

Of course a personal foul call is a call by committee anyway, not just one official. So you would have been overruled by your crew regardless.

Cause there is no doubt he did. You don’t watch soccer that much do you?
Maybe you’re confused—this isn’t soccer. And shoving a QB who is well OB is a penalty 100 out of 100 times, even if he doesn’t go down.

You may not like it, because for whatever reason you favored the Bengals in that game, but it’s the rule.

Maybe you’re confused—this isn’t soccer. And shoving a QB who is well OB is a penalty 100 out of 100 times, even if he doesn’t go down.

You may not like it, because for whatever reason you favored the Bengals in that game, but it’s the rule.
It was the easiest call to make. There's no doubt at all.

The only call that I thought was a truly bad call was the missed block in the back on Skyy Moore's final punt return. That was an egregiously bad no call. Zach Taylor was irate a few times, but he was totally correct in being irate about that particular missed call.

I think the main difference in officiating was the holding calls against the Bengals but the lack of holding calls against the Chiefs. At least, it seemed that way.

But when two guys can't block one, it's hard for any QB to succeed.

The only call that I thought was a truly bad call was the missed block in the back on Skyy Moore's final punt return. That was an egregiously bad no call. Zach Taylor was irate a few times, but he was totally correct in being irate about that particular missed call.
It was, but he can blame himself for punting to Moore in the first place in that situation. That was not a good decision.

I never argued it wasn’t a penalty. I said Mahimes embellished which he did. No confusion here. Look in the mirror perhaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT