ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubling down...... I can't wait to see what is next......
I take it you agree with young boys showering together.

The bottom line is when you have 50 boys showering in close proximity, somebody is going to do something stupid, someone is going to tell their parents, and if someone doesn't like the coach enough, they will use that to get someone fired.

Dunlap is a tool

I've caught him straight up stealing my tweets before, spelling mistakes and all. Like, ok dude.

My PGH sports media personalities are basically:

Tier 1 - cool guys, good content
Gertz, McGonigal, Craig Meyer, Alan Saunders, Peak (obviously)
Tier 2 - I follow them but they have their moments of terrible content/takes
Most of them, Dunlap is definitely in here
Tier 3 - toxic waste dump of horrible takes and annoying personalities, can't even follow them
Madden, Fillipponi, Zeise, Steigerwald

Correct, I believe the AD is leaving for Shady Side.

Also, something else to consider: it was reported that Kasperowicz interviewed for the Pitt LB coaching position this winter. Was this in the works for a little while and perhaps he interviewed in an attempt to get ahead of today’s decision? Won’t speculate, but some food for thought.
I have had thoughts about him as a Pitt coach for a few years. I wonder if he would be considered for an analyst position, like Bama and the other blue bloods. Obviously funding might be an issue.

I've caught him straight up stealing my tweets before, spelling mistakes and all. Like, ok dude.

Tier 3 - toxic waste dump of horrible takes and annoying personalities, can't even follow them
Zeise has become unbearable.

The bottom line is when you have 50 boys showering in close proximity, somebody is going to do something stupid, someone is going to tell their parents, and if someone doesn't like the coach enough, they will use that to get someone fired.
But why and how? Again, that supports my comments that parents have too much power and school boards and administrators are feckless entities.

Because of posters like jivecat and SMF, this topic has deteriorated to nonsensical idiocy... Put those dudes on ignore so the rest of us can discuss this issue in a rational manner...

Reactions: FireballZ
Lol Dunlap is ranting like a crazy guy on the street corner about this today. Tweet after tweet after tweet with nothing but speculation. If you believe him there was basically a group of all-powerful, shady people wearing masks and robes, who met in secret in a candlelit dungeon and used their unstoppable influence to fire a high school football coach because they were mad that he was good at his job.
That's entirely plausible.

omega-house.jpg

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Pine Richland's administrators could work at Pitt:. Top HS Football program in the state, let,'s suddenly blow it up and piss everybody off for no reason. I'm guessing their debate club parents got jealous of the attention the football program garnered. Some other school that's tired of losing will pick him up.

This should be interesting.
Looks like I was correct, why are people in Pittsburgh so enamored with LOSING? Maybe it's because it's an area full of "Academic" LOSERS?:

From the Post-Gazette article:

“They tried to put the word hazing on stupid stuff,” Crawford said. “Honestly, they asked me if there was ever any towel whipping going on in the locker room. I laughed. I told them, ‘Yeah, there was. When my best friend would walk by me sometimes in the locker room, I would hit him with my towel.’ You want to call that hazing? What a joke.

“There’s going to be an outcry in this community over this. … Pine-Richland made the worst decision they ever made by doing this. And after what he has done for that program and school? He was like a second Dad to us.”

Pine-Richland players, current and past, took to Twitter on Wednesday night to show their support of Kasperowicz and his staff, but also displayed shock and disbelief.

“If I had to guess why Pine-Richland did this is because for years and years, they wanted the school to be known as an academic school,” Crawford said. “That’s OK, but Coach K came in, just crushed it as a coach and brought all this attention to the school for football.”

Looks like I was correct, why are people in Pittsburgh so enamored with LOSING? Maybe it's because it's an area full of "Academic" LOSERS?:

“They tried to put the word hazing on stupid stuff,” Crawford said. “Honestly, they asked me if there was ever any towel whipping going on in the locker room. I laughed. I told them, ‘Yeah, there was. When my best friend would walk by me sometimes in the locker room, I would hit him with my towel.’ You want to call that hazing? What a joke.

“There’s going to be an outcry in this community over this. … Pine-Richland made the worst decision they ever made by doing this. And after what he has done for that program and school? He was like a second Dad to us.”

Pine-Richland players, current and past, took to Twitter on Wednesday night to show their support of Kasperowicz and his staff, but also displayed shock and disbelief.

“If I had to guess why Pine-Richland did this is because for years and years, they wanted the school to be known as an academic school,” Crawford said. “That’s OK, but Coach K came in, just crushed it as a coach and brought all this attention to the school for football.”
Again.....sounds familiar to those of us around in the 80's in regards to Pitt.

Pretty much agree but would move Saunders (and by association Vuk) to a Tier 2. Some of his takes and responses on Twitter are definitely antagonistic towards Pitt for no good reason. And of course Tier 3 can't be complete with Cook.

I used to like following Madden, but lately he is pretty much unbearable. Too many arguments with the nameless trolls and his anti-Pitt views have grown in recent years. Still one of the few Pittsburgh media to speak negatively on the nitwits, his only redeeming grace.

Reactions: andypappas
Without knowing specific details of why he was fired, this is the type of move that can destroy a program. I've seen too many excellent high school programs implode because of ridiculous firings or retirements. It's because the people in charge built a program rather than coach a team. There's a big different and in many situations, schools, teams, and programs never recover. For the sake of the PR kids, I hope that isn't the case.

Yeah Zeise pretends to be this neutral guy that is above politics and equally hates both parties but his follow list is completely one-sided. And for someone who has probably said "stick to sports!" unironically, he won't shut up about culture war stuff. It's daily boomer-style dunking on strawmen at this point.
He wants to be Clay Travis/Jason Whitlock so bad.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Without knowing specific details of why he was fired, this is the type of move that can destroy a program. I've seen too many excellent high school programs implode because of ridiculous firings or retirements. It's because the people in charge built a program rather than coach a team. There's a big different and in many situations, schools, teams, and programs never recover. For the sake of the PR kids, I hope that isn't the case.

Obviously I do not know all the details here, so IF there were wrong doings then it is what it is.

As to the general sentiment of you argument, it could not be agreed more by me. Many great programs of all different sports around this great nation have been destroyed by little people wanting to flex their muscles against successful leaders. Instead of allowing the success of the high profile program to rise all programs, they find ways to destroy. Funny how doing so rarely rises the academic profile of said institution. One cannot even use the Ivy League/Chicago as a success story here, since academics where already higher profiled than their sports teams when they deemphasized them.

Pretty much agree but would move Saunders (and by association Vuk) to a Tier 2. Some of his takes and responses on Twitter are definitely antagonistic towards Pitt for no good reason. And of course Tier 3 can't be complete with Cook.

I used to like following Madden, but lately he is pretty much unbearable. Too many arguments with the nameless trolls and his anti-Pitt views have grown in recent years. Still one of the few Pittsburgh media to speak negatively on the nitwits, his only redeeming grace.

I can see that about Saunders but I've never had an issue with him. Vuk is a tough follow, he's pretty unhinged, too. I'd put him closer to 3 than to 1 for sure. And ya Cook is the garbage lord of Tier 3.

He wants to be Clay Travis/Jason Whitlock so bad.
The thing about Zeise is that he could be a great Pittsburgh sports personality if he changes his persona to the affable fat guy that drinks beer and eats wings and rants about sports. He'd be a city icon. He runs into trouble when he tries to act like he's smarter than he is.

This is going to be a sh!t show in PR. Brian Miller is going to be lambasted as will the school board at every public meeting. There is already rumor that one school board member is resigning at a special meeting tomorrow.

I dont know why people are so upset with my commentary here. I don't feel Kasperowicz should have been let go based on locker room "horseplay" painted as "hazing." However, if a powerful parent or parents want a coach fired, its fairly easy to make that happen and the easiest place to start would be to start with what's going on in the showers because when you get 50 young boys showering together, undoubtedly they are going to do stupid stuff that honestly would meet the definition of sexual assault.

I dont know why people are so upset with my commentary here. I don't feel Kasperowicz should have been let go based on locker room "horseplay" painted as "hazing." However, if a powerful parent or parents want a coach fired, its fairly easy to make that happen and the easiest place to start would be to start with what's going on in the showers because when you get 50 young boys showering together, undoubtedly they are going to do stupid stuff that honestly would meet the definition of sexual assault.

Normally I don't agree with some of your wild takes, but this one I can see. I remember our high school locker room was small, had an open shower with no individual stalls and about 20 shower heads arranged in a square. A friend on the wrestling team always told me about "horseplay" that would go in the showers after practice. But you have to promote good hygiene so you can't ban showers but there should be more privacy built into the locker rooms nowadays. Individual showers'/changing stalls would go a long way.

Any guesses on who replaces him? If that person doesn't have immediate success then this will make awesome board conversation.

Normally I don't agree with some of your wild takes, but this one I can see. I remember our high school locker room was small, had an open shower with no individual stalls and about 20 shower heads arranged in a square. A friend on the wrestling team always told me about "horseplay" that would go in the showers after practice. But you have to promote good hygiene so you can't ban showers but there should be more privacy built into the locker rooms nowadays. Individual showers'/changing stalls would go a long way.

Is it really that big of a deal to just tell the kids to shower when they get home?

Speaking negatively about the Nitwits is akin to urinating first thing in the morning. Not doing it is unnatural.

Yeah I got tired of his trolling and JuJu baiting, same stuff over and over. I muted him,

If he interviewed for a position at PITT, why wasn't he hired. To me that's almost as stupid as the school board firing him.

Reactions: Celtsfan
There has to be a lot more to this story that will get out. Let me take a guess and say the players were players not starting! How do they even know that the coaches knew if it did happen.

PR is full of helicopter parents!

Last edited:
Zeise has become unbearable.

Sadly, as someone who really liked listening to him, I agree. And he's still one of the better guys on the Fan. I listen to him on occasion but every time I tune in it's either a segment about betting lines or, more often than not, five minutes of technical difficulties.

Reactions: Joe Magarac

You are a little too focused on showering boys.

I'd always have to include Pomp in Tier 1. Always enjoy listening to his show and he is a cool guy (seems genuinely good in person). I'd put Joe Starkey in Tier 2 as well. He's much better with Cook than he was with Mueller (truly a Tier 3 guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT