ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he interviewed for a position at PITT, why wasn't he hired. To me that's almost as stupid as the school board firing him.

Narduzzi got wind of shower room towel snapping and he has zero tolerance for that stuff.

Seriously, why can’t Pitt fans fathom that there might be better fits for this staff than someone just because he’s a Pitt alum?

Reactions: FireballZ
What are you saying & what does this have to do with Kasperowicz getting canned? Even if they weren't showering together, you have a whole football team that's going to be changing every article of clothing. Did some hazing incident occur in the locker room with EK's knowledge?
Even if it occurred in the locker room without EK's knowledge, as head coach he is responsible for what happens in that locker room. At this point no one knows on this site knows what happened.

Narduzzi got wind of shower room towel snapping and he has zero tolerance for that stuff.

Seriously, why can’t Pitt fans fathom that there might be better fits for this staff than someone just because he’s a Pitt alum?
So you think hiring a guy that has had nothing but success, has won a state championship and could probably relate to the local top prospects we usually lose out on is just looking at someone because he is a PITT guy. Interesting perspective.

So you think hiring a guy that has had nothing but success, has won a state championship and could probably relate to the local top prospects we usually lose out on is just looking at someone because he is a PITT guy. Interesting perspective.

First, he is absolutely a good coach. But the fact that Pitt fans pine for the guy to be hired is absolutely a function of him having played here. Art Walker has won 3 state titles, but I don’t recall him ever being suggested as a candidate for a Pitt job. Is Narduzzi a moron and the admin incompetent for not hiring him also?

Second, just because the guy is a good coach doesn’t mean he is the best fit on this staff. I get the concern about Narduzzi’s penchant for hiring “his” guys. But that’s the way it tends to work. I also think he’s gone away from that on offense with Whipple, Marion and Beatty. On D I think that approach is merited, given that it is his D and they have done well. There is something to be said for hiring a coach who you have worked with and already understands what is expected of the position within your scheme.

As for connecting with the local kids, they seemed to do okay with the local kids in this class. I don’t think they lack for a local presence.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Even if it occurred in the locker room without EK's knowledge, as head coach he is responsible for what happens in that locker room. At this point no one knows on this site knows what happened.
I don't see how you can hold a coach responsible for something a kid does when the coach doesn't even know about it, and has never condoned it. I think he's responsible for how he deals with whatever comes to light. And if some type of hazing incident happened with his knowledge or ignored that type of thing, sure, he would be responsible.

The people that don't like Zeise lean left. The people that don't like Mueller lean right. Dunlap & Madden can get it from both sides. They are all sports personalities and stay relevant because people like them and hate them. I have no opinions on them personally as it is their job to occasionally create controversy and rent space in people's heads. They are no different than some of the personalities on these boards that others rant about.

The people that don't like Zeise lean left. The people that don't like Mueller lean right. Dunlap & Madden can get it from both sides. They are all sports personalities and stay relevant because people like them and hate them. I have no opinions on them personally as it is their job to occasionally create controversy and rent space in people's heads. They are no different than some of the personalities on these boards that others rant about.

Mueller leans left? I didn't like him because he was insufferable when paired with Starkey. I lean left but Zeise's viewpoints never really bothered me. I don't think it has much to do with politics.

Also forgot about Paul Alexander. He is the worst of them all by a mile.

Last edited:
I knew all along too. Once it comes out public, I will tell you.
I also completed a perfect ncaa bracket. Pulled it out of my desk drawer just today. Honest!

Mueller leans left? I didn't like him because he was insufferable when paired with Starkey. I lean left but Zeise's viewpoints never really bothered me. I don't think it has much to do with politics.

Also forgot about Paul Alexander. He is the worst of them all by a mile.
Yes. I don't know why people's politics is why people do or don't like them. That is part of the problem in this country. We used to just be able to disagree and be friends, now we look at these things like they are character flaws.

Hell I know a guy Kasper stole his girlfriend in high school and he even likes the dude. The school board sounds like their kids suck as football players. Chartiers Valley had a similar coup with MCConnell years ago. A school board member didn’t like him because his kid was a pussy and sat the bench.

Hell I know a guy Kasper stole his girlfriend in high school and he even likes the dude. The school board sounds like their kids suck as football players. Chartiers Valley had a similar coup with MCConnell years ago. A school board member didn’t like him because his kid was a pussy and sat the bench.
That's what I am saying. School Board's, hell corporate America, need to learn the word "no". Need to stop living in fear of litigation. Sometimes you just got to tell people, "no" when they come with these demands.

Reactions: BigEd33
Some of this has jumped the shark. I get that guy was successful and loved. Maybe he was jobbed but good lord, people need to relax. Believe it or not, most kids enjoy playing HS football and don’t win every game. The kids will be fine. The parents will be fine. The coach will go somewhere else and be fine.

Reactions: Ski11585
Some of this has jumped the shark. I get that guy was successful and loved. Maybe he was jobbed but good lord, people need to relax. Believe it or not, most kids enjoy playing HS football and don’t win every game. The kids will be fine. The parents will be fine. The coach will go somewhere else and be fine.
I would love it if no established coaches would apply for the P-R job.

I would love it if no established coaches would apply for the P-R job.
Honestly, who would want this job? That’s rhetorical because objectively it’s a great job in a great school district, but how confident would you feel about your job security if the previous coach won two state titles and still got canned? On top of that, who’s to say the “administrative interference” doesn’t continue?

Edit: Maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about, but it seems like this is a situation where, if you’re the administration, you’d want a new head coach lined up before you let the incumbent go. Pretty sure that’s what Aliquippa did a few years back when they removed Zmijanac.

I just read the article. Those two dudes are going to see the door. How ironic that the guy that pushes him gets himself fired. That is karma

Programs from around the WPIAL are beginning to comment on the Pine-Richland situation. Can’t say I recall seeing something like this before.

Edit: Ironically, P-R has completely botched the P.R. (public relations) battle on social media thus far. Meanwhile, the football program has maintained control of their account and has done a strong job “controlling the narrative.”

Last edited:
Programs from around the WPIAL are beginning to comment on the Pine-Richland situation. Can’t say I recall seeing something like this before.

Edit: Ironically, P-R has completely botched the P.R. (public relations) battle on social media thus far. Meanwhile, the football program has maintained control of their account and has done a strong job “controlling the narrative.”
The school was never going to win the PR battle. There is always no comment from administration or the board and they just say it is "personnel matters" and that's the end of it. Typically, if it's bad enough, eventually the information gets out into the public. If nothing is leaked out or in the news due to illegal activities, then it was purely the board and/or administration wanting a coach gone.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Btw, you are spot on that the team is controlling the narrative--as highlighted in the above post. Current and former players, coaches, along with local and national media personalities including some big-time local HS sports stars all are weighing in.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The players who were interviewed by the board said they were going back 4 or 5 years when they weren’t even there. And they told them they never saw anything you could call hazing. This reeks of a school board with an agenda.

The players who were interviewed by the board said they were going back 4 or 5 years when they weren’t even there. And they told them they never saw anything you could call hazing. This reeks of a school board with an agenda.
It does have the feel of a school board and administration that wanted the guy gone. Usually when there is a firing with cause there is some public outcry in support of the firing. We've heard none of that. What will also be interesting if any of this staff losing other coaching jobs in other sports at different schools. If they don't, that is VERY telling.

Reactions: pghcraig10

Right?

People are giving this way too much play. We're talking about a HC of a team at an insignificantly low-level of HS football. This is Western PA HS football. The football is low-level and school boards do this all the time. Who cares, really? P-R will hire some other gym teacher and win a ton.

If they indeed go on a witch hunt to get him fired with no just cause, then those people should be held accountable. Publicly damaging his reputation in regards to hazing is a big deal.

First, he is absolutely a good coach. But the fact that Pitt fans pine for the guy to be hired is absolutely a function of him having played here. Art Walker has won 3 state titles, but I don’t recall him ever being suggested as a candidate for a Pitt job. Is Narduzzi a moron and the admin incompetent for not hiring him also?

Second, just because the guy is a good coach doesn’t mean he is the best fit on this staff. I get the concern about Narduzzi’s penchant for hiring “his” guys. But that’s the way it tends to work. I also think he’s gone away from that on offense with Whipple, Marion and Beatty. On D I think that approach is merited, given that it is his D and they have done well. There is something to be said for hiring a coach who you have worked with and already understands what is expected of the position within your scheme.

As for connecting with the local kids, they seemed to do okay with the local kids in this class. I don’t think they lack for a local presence.
I understand. I didn't know Art Walker Jr. applied for the PITT coaching position. I understand Narduzzi's steller record of hiring coaches who get the PITT team to the outstanding records they have over the past years. So yeah I see your point on why the Dooz would not want to hire a proven winning coach with local roots.

From what I see in these articles, his contract was not renewed. That is very different from being fired from a legal perspective. Non-renewal of a contract does not require any cause.

Now I think that the PR board were being dicks with this. But if this is truly just non-renewal of the contracts, there will not be a legal "Gotchya" moment that will bring everyone to their knees. Public Relations and perception-yeah they look bad. But legally they should be fine. And of course they cannot say anything. It truly is a "personnel" matter.

If there is an issue in the background, the non-renewal avenue is a path of least resistance that gets the board to their goal. Then they do not need to justify their actions. Of course, they could just decide for no reason to not renew, but that doesn't look good. So you do a cursory investigation into hazing, never find anything terribly concrete, allow some leaks out that don't point back to you, and let the contract expire. The public thinks it's for hazing, and the superintendent is free of the coach. Nothing gets reported to authorities because it is unsubstantiated. Pretty clever!

The assistant principal who led the investigation was recently named the new AD, with a pay bump of course. How convenient.

How often do local coaches apply for a PSU coaching job? And how often is PSU criticized for not hiring them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT