ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Pitt looks completely out to lunch

WTF… Duke isn’t that good but PITT looks like they haven’t played in 6 months together

Reactions: Black Panther
we have no real discernible offense

Good thing we didn’t advertise for this game specifically , eh ?

How does Capel not call timeout when you’re suddenly down 20 points at home?

Pretty much a repeat of last year’s game. Over before the halftime buzzer. Nice of them to allow the fans to go home early tonight

I mean - a scheme that has Fede handling the ball at the top of the key
Is an interesting choice

How does Capel not call timeout when you’re suddenly down 20 points at home?

I agree with what others have said, he looks like a man who doesn't have many answers at this point.

Plan A (shoot the lights out) isn’t working and there’s just not a viable Plan B or C with this group.

You think it would have mattered ?
Honestly ?
We are down 25
You don’t wait till your 25 down

The damn Zoo was more dialed in to this game than the team was tonight… that’s sad

Not doing anything sends a pretty awful signal

Duke beat ND by what 6?

This is inexcusable

Reactions: Black Panther
Capel’s unstructured, 5 out, shoot it if you touch it offense might work better if he had Duke’s players. Since he doesn’t and never will, he might want to try something else. But…….that’s….. not gonna happen.

I agree with what others have said, he looks like a man who doesn't have many answers at this point.

Plan A (shoot the lights out) isn’t working and there’s just not a viable Plan B or C with this group.
We don't have the athleticism to compete at the highest level. The only person who can get a shot off is Bub and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Hinson has to force. Lowe and Leggett pretty much can't get a good shot, and Fede and GDG are just to weak to even catch the ball against Duke. Everytime we play a P5 team with athletes we look the same way.

You think it would have mattered ?
Honestly ?
We are down 25

a25fbd89-ca34-40e6-818a-0ac2f0ddba9c_text.gif

You don’t wait till your 25 down

The damn Zoo was more dialed in to this game than the team was tonight… that’s sad

Not doing anything sends a pretty awful signal

Duke beat ND by what 6?

This is inexcusable
Yeah

Couple time outs we may have kept it to down 20

We act like we're the soccer team in Ladybugs and Hinson is the boy. Just a joke on how much we rely on this dude throwing up circus shots.

Yeah

Couple time outs we may have kept it to down 20
What kind of message are you sending though by doing the same thing

Sorry but I’m not used to watching too many coaches watch score after score and do.,, nothing

I’m not saying it would necessarily *do* anything

But it’s better than doing nothing

What kind of message are you sending though by doing the same thing

Sorry but I’m not used to watching too many coaches watch score after score and do.,, nothing

I’m not saying it would necessarily *do* anything

But it’s better than doing nothing
The message is -
We are getting pasted by a much more talented a skilled group who actually plays like a team .
And we don’t

It was worse in person that on TV. My group left at halftime. And half of the place was emptying out. We didn't want to watch this poor display of basketball and Pitt coaching. And I'm being kind by saying it was poor.

No ball movement, no rebounding especially on the offensive end, very poor defense. Obviously our shooting was poor also, but much of that was because of an excellent Duke defense. This was a Stallings level coaching performance by Capel. The talent and coaching disparity between Pitt and Duke was so obvious. Watching Duke ball movement and communication on defense was a big difference between the 2 teams. We did neither and Duke did both at a high level.

I don't see this Pitt team getting more than 5 ACC wins, and that is being very generous. Tournament prospects for this team are very low, and that's if they suddenly learn how to play basketball and Capel learns how to coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT