ADVERTISEMENT

Lions vs. 49ers

I was about to say that if Pickett was running the 49ers offense he would have some very gaudy statistics. Purdy has elevated his interception pct this year versus last year. I’m underwhelmed with him when going up against good defenses.

The lions are relentless on offense. Their pace is just amazing. If you compare them to the Steelers it is night and day.

And the amazing thing is, they have great success running the football which is what Tomlin loves. The difference is that it isn’t three yards and a cloud of dust. It is motion (meaningful motion, not stupid wide receiver jet motion), unusual formations, and getting athletic runners in space.

Hopefully he is looking for this kind of offense and pace with the new OC, but I am not holding my breath.

The lions are relentless on offense. Their pace is just amazing. If you compare them to the Steelers it is night and day.

And the amazing thing is, they have great success running the football which is what Tomlin loves. The difference is that it isn’t three yards and a cloud of dust. It is motion (meaningful motion, not stupid wide receiver jet motion), unusual formations, and getting athletic runners in space.

Hopefully he is looking for this kind of offense and pace with the new OC, but I am not holding my breath.
Their O-Line is light years better than the Stillers.

Easy to second guess but I was questioning the Campbell decision to go for it on 4th even before they came up short.. At that point in the game take the points and keep forcing SF to score to keep pace. That stop turned the entire game momentum.

Reactions: Panther Holla

Too bad the receivers (really one receiver) can’t seem to catch right now.

Lol a "great no call" after he pushes the WR in the back before the ball gets there.

I didn't agree with going for it the second time at all. They scored 20 straight and had all the momentum. There, I would have taken the points. Campbell has kind of jumped the shark with this stuff.

Maybe the reason that Campbell didn't want to settle for field goals is because he's watched his team play defense all season?

I mean Cam Sutton is probably their top cornerback, and he pretty much stinks.

Campbell better learn when to hold and when to fold. Kick the damn FG. Go Chiefs, or the Niners get a 6th Lombardi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT