ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Playoffs

PittCity

Freshman
Mar 9, 2018
Pens are gonna play the Flyers in Round 1.
Columbus wanted no part of Pens .
This could go either way. Buckle Up.

I agree. The Flyers goaltending should be porous enough to make it easier than it should be.

We'll see. Tonight was only Elliot's second game back after a long layoff. He's the Flyers best shot.

We'll see. Tonight was only Elliot's second game back after a long layoff. He's the Flyers best shot.

As a Flyers fan, our goaltending is definitely my concern. Mrazek has been a solid backup, but not a guy I want to rely upon for a playoff series. Elliott was fantastic before he got hurt, but only played the last two games after missing almost 2 months with injury - and he looked very rusty. Gave up a lot of juicy rebounds.

I like the Pens in 22 total after a tougher than expected first round.
Pens fans certainly have a right to feel a bit cocky after all of the recent Cups and owning the Flyers this year, but I think the expectation should really be that this will be a tough series. The Flyers only finished two points behind the Pens and had the fifth best record in hockey after their 10 game losing streak ended in early December. They gained 8 points on the Pens during that time period, despite all of the direct H2H loses. Should be fun!

If you count the number of games and add a factor of 1.something greater than zero you will come to the conclusion that the Pens have played an extra half season over the last 2 seasons.
That takes a huge toll.
If they win this year it will qualify as one of the greatest achievements in professional sports history IMO.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
Pens will win the series but it won't be a push over. Flyers are a good team but not quite ready to beat the Pens in playoffs due to Goalie issues.

Pens in 6.

If you count the number of games and add a factor of 1.something greater than zero you will come to the conclusion that the Pens have played an extra half season over the last 2 seasons.
That takes a huge toll.
If they win this year it will qualify as one of the greatest achievements in professional sports history IMO.

Not to mention, those extra "half season" of games weren't exactly the intensity of a mid week, mid November game against Calgary. They were a half season of incredibly intense and draining games.

Reactions: Saboteur
You never want to get overconfident. Pens playing great. Need to keep playing same way. Flyers turned the puck over like it was their job in 1st period.

DaikDPaW0AAVkYY.jpg

Luckily you cant carry extra goals over to the next game - if Flyers win next in OT, still 1-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT