ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Playoffs

When you are a Flyers' fan, what else could possibly go wrong??

"Hold my beer..."

Anyone shocked or disappointed in the Pens/Flyers series? It is funny, they only finished what 2 points apart in the standings? Just one of the two teams took the first 40 games as a morning skate. The Pens have shown just how much better they are than the Flyers, and it is funny that alot of Philly fans, and their homer journalists (if you think the local media guys are homers with the Pens, you haven't seen much from Philly). They aren't on this level. This is Alabama playing Vanderbilt. Philly may be a real good team in a few years, but they aren't right now.

What is most disappointing, they seem to have quit. So much for Giroux's leadership, he is on a milk carton. On a positive note, he is leading the NHL Playoffs Open at a -7. But where is the push back? Where is the Flyer like stuff? Dave Hakstol sits there with this emotionless blank stare. Bobby Clarke and Paul Holmgren must be pulling their hair out. Ed Snider has to be rolling in his grave.

And it is time for Flyer fans and the organization to stop feeling superior to the Pens. You are down 5 Cups to 2. The Pens have had 15 of the last 30 scoring championships. You are not a better franchise anymore.

Hakstol reminds me to a t of Mike Johnston

Unlike Sid, he doesn't make the players around him better, imho.

Ovi is like that pure HR hitter. Ryan Howard. Prince Fielder. Guys who can hit 50 HR's, but don't field particularly well, strikeout alot, don't hit for high average.

Sid is more like a Mike Trout.

Pens didnt think they would have to have worked this hard .
Lets see who wins this 1 ?

Took an extra game but Pens finish business today without Malkin.

Last edited:
people said the same about mario whether it was right or wrong, yinzer

LOL yinzer... I am not the moron trying to compare Ovechkin who admittedly is one of the best goal scorers of all time to Mario.

No sane person would compare the two defensively. If you do, you are totally clueless.

Ovechkin is a great great goal scorer without question. But he certainly is not a two way player by any stretch of the imagination.

LOL yinzer... I am not the moron trying to compare Ovechkin who admittedly is one of the best goal scorers of all time to Mario.

No sane person would compare the two defensively. If you do, you are totally clueless.

Ovechkin is a great great goal scorer without question. But he certainly is not a two way player by any stretch of the imagination.

Yep, he's not close. It is why I compared Ovy with a big time HR hitter, but poor fielding, high strikeout player. Don't get me wrong, Ovy is all time as a goal scorer, all time.

Do you guys really believe what you are saying about Ovechkin? Do you think Crisby or Mario would have rings without Malkin or Jager? No they woukd not.

The Pens are simply lucky to have had 2 of the top 10 or 15 players on both of those teams. And for you who dont know, Mario didnt always play both ends. And the Pens sucked with him being the onky real player on the team and never won anything. Tyen along comes Jager, Stevens, Borque, Coffey Samuelson, Recchi, Brasso etc. Thats how you win the cup.

Do you guys really believe what you are saying about Ovechkin? Do you think Crisby or Mario would have rings without Malkin or Jager? No they woukd not.

The Pens are simply lucky to have had 2 of the top 10 or 15 players on both of those teams. And for you who dont know, Mario didnt always play both ends. And the Pens sucked with him being the onky real player on the team and never won anything. Tyen along comes Jager, Stevens, Borque, Coffey Samuelson, Recchi, Brasso etc. Thats how you win the cup.

Ovy has had Backstrom, Oshie, Kuznestov, Holtby, John Carlson and back a few years ago, Semin, Mike Green, Karl Alzner, Eric Fehr, Varlamalov. That ain't the 1985 Oilers or 1976 Canadiens, but they were really talented teams. So don't act like Ovy has been on an island by himself.

Last edited:
Ovy has had Backstrom, Oshie, Kuznestov, Holtby, back a few years ago, Semin, Mike Green, Karl Alzner, Eric Fehr, Varlamalov. That ain't the 1985 Oilers or 1976 Canadiens, but they were really talented teams. So don't act like Ovy has been on an island by himself.

They have led the league in points and won the division multiple years in recent history. They have gone into the playoffs as the favorite many times in the Ovie years.

They have not even got to the East Finals to this point.

Reactions: ratking17
They have led the league in points and won the division multiple years in recent history. They have gone into the playoffs as the favorite many times in the Ovie years.

They have not even got to the East Finals to this point.

I know. Obviously. But the guy was acting like Ovy hasn't had any talent around him and that is just not true.

Reactions: ratking17
I know. Obviously. But the guy was acting like Ovy hasn't had any talent around him and that is just not true.

Right, I was agreeing with you. They clearly have had talent. Like you said, maybe not the 85 Oilers talent but certainly upper echelon talent when compared to the rest of the league they were playing against and they have been almost a complete and total failure from a playoff standpoint.

Speaking of the Caps, if they don't win this year they are in an interesting place. They are pretty much up against the cap and John Carlson is an UFA, and based on his season this year, and age, he is going to command at least Letang money. And I don't think the Caps can afford this without moving salary.

Speaking of the Caps, if they don't win this year they are in an interesting place. They are pretty much up against the cap and John Carlson is an UFA, and based on his season this year, and age, he is going to command at least Letang money. And I don't think the Caps can afford this without moving salary.

If they don't win this year, especially if they lose before the East finals, I don't see how they keep this team intact and especially don't see Trotz coming back.

It would be a tough call for sure though. Do you continue to keep a team together that wins Division titles on a yearly basis that fails in the playoffs or break it down and retool the team. Break down parts of team while keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc..

Tough call.

i did not compare ovechkin to mario], i said people said the same thing about mario, mario was often called a cherry picker too whether it was true or not

you are both stupid and a jock sniffer, mario doesn't care about you

ovechkin is easily the best goal scorer since mario

If they don't win this year, especially if they lose before the East finals, I don't see how they keep this team intact and especially don't see Trotz coming back.

It would be a tough call for sure though. Do you continue to keep a team together that wins Division titles on a yearly basis that fails in the playoffs or break it down and retool the team. Break down parts of team while keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc..

Tough call.

yeah trade the best players for prospects that MAYBE become just as good 5 years from now

brilliant...

you were probably one of those people that was saying trade crosby or malkin from 2013 - 2015

yeah trade the best players for prospects that MAYBE become just as good 5 years from now

brilliant...

you were probably one of those people that was saying trade crosby or malkin from 2013 - 2015

Actually, I wasn't. Never once though the Pens should trade Malkin or Crosby. I was in favor of changing things up around them though which is exactly what the Pens did in adding guys like Cole, Bonino, Schultz, Kessel, Daley, Cullen, and so on.

But I can tell you have trouble with reading comprehension so you might want to read my post again. Because you seem mentally challenged, I pasted the important part below underlining the part where I said WHILE keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc..

It would be a tough call for sure though. Do you continue to keep a team together that wins Division titles on a yearly basis that fails in the playoffs or break it down and retool the team. Break down parts of team while keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc.

Keep trying to troll cause you are really poor at it.

i did not compare ovechkin to mario], i said people said the same thing about mario, mario was often called a cherry picker too whether it was true or not

you are both stupid and a jock sniffer, mario doesn't care about you

ovechkin is easily the best goal scorer since mario

Who said anything about his goal scoring? Are you really this dumb? Seriously go back and read both of our post. We both clearly state how good of a goal scorer he is. This has nothing to do with his goal scoring.

I actually said he is one of the best goal scorers of all time which is he.

But he doesnt play defense. That is the conversation.

Who said anything about his goal scoring? Are you really this dumb? Seriously go back and read both of our post. We both clearly state how good of a goal scorer he is. This has nothing to do with his goal scoring.

But he doesnt play defense. That is the conversation.
Take it easy on hobo

Reactions: Ski11585
Actually, I wasn't. Never once though the Pens should trade Malkin or Crosby. I was in favor of changing things up around them though which is exactly what the Pens did in adding guys like Cole, Bonino, Schultz, Kessel, Daley, Cullen, and so on.

But I can tell you have trouble with reading comprehension so you might want to read my post again. Because you seem mentally challenged, I pasted the important part below underlining the part where I said WHILE keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc..

It would be a tough call for sure though. Do you continue to keep a team together that wins Division titles on a yearly basis that fails in the playoffs or break it down and retool the team. Break down parts of team while keeping Ovechkin, Backstrom, etc.

Keep trying to troll cause you are really poor at it.

you're the one "trolling" with name calling because i had the audacity to put ovechkin in the same sentence as mario, did i ruin your day by saying that? sure sounds like it

awfully long response you gave too, pretty funny considering my "poor" job at "trolling" it clearly got a big reaction from you

cue next meltdown

But he doesnt play defense. That is the conversation

and people said the same about mario

that's all i said, and you then flipped out like i insulted your mother, wow what a loser you must be to be hurt over me saying that, if you dropped dead mario wouldn't care and i doubt anybody else would either HAHA

PS hi souf

you're the one "trolling" with name calling because i had the audacity to put ovechkin in the same sentence as mario, did i ruin your day by saying that? sure sounds like it

awfully long response you gave too, pretty funny considering my "poor" job at "trolling" it clearly got a big reaction from you

cue next meltdown
Your premise is wrong
Two way play

They were wrong.
Repeating stupid people is a poor defense

it wasn't a defense i just stated something that people claimed about mario similar to ovechkin not realizing i committed a sin against humanity, and then the mario jock sniffer got upset

here is a forum post where people question his defensive play

hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mario-lemieux-defensive-play.2451183/

it's not my premise, PEOPLE (not me) said the same about mario

neither was ever in contention for the selke trophy
I suppose you could always find one drunk idiot in a Toronto bar or some brainless douche in a wacky suit on Hockey Night In Canada that said that when Mario was in his first couple of years. Back then, his job was to rack up points and put buts in the seats while the Pens figured out how to put a roster around him. From about late 88-89 on, he was one of the top-10 defensive forwards in the league, especially after his first play-off series against the NY Rangers in 89'. He was an all-time great penalty killer for heaven's sake!

cue next meltdown

No meltdown on this side. Just calling your stupidity out for trying to insinuate things I am saying when I never said them. And for the record YOU started the name calling saying we were too stupid and were jock sniffers because we showed how dumb your stance was.

You tried saying I said trade Ovechkin and insinuated I was dumb for suggesting it. I showed where I never said that proving you wrong.
You brought up that I somehow discounted Ovechkin's goal scoring when in fact I said the exact opposite that he was one of the best goal scorers of all time.

I said the people saying Mario never played defense were clueless. You seem to be the one building your argument on what "people" said.

Again, no meltdown at all here. If you think proving someone wrong on what they are saying is a meltdown then so be it.

No meltdown on this side. Just calling your stupidity out for trying to insinuate things I am saying when I never said them. And for the record YOU started the name calling saying we were too stupid and were jock sniffers because we showed how dumb your stance was.

You tried saying I said trade Ovechkin and insinuated I was dumb for suggesting it. I showed where I never said that proving you wrong.
You brought up that I somehow discounted Ovechkin's goal scoring when in fact I said the exact opposite that he was one of the best goal scorers of all time.

I said the people saying Mario never played defense were clueless. You seem to be the one building your argument on what "people" said.

Again, no meltdown at all here. If you think proving someone wrong on what they are saying is a meltdown then so be it.

LOL i called you a yinzer, is that really offensive? you got really pissy over nothing hence me calling you a yinzer

you said the caps should make a major retool if they don't win this year, well how do you retool a team that is finishing the regular season in first place every year and seems to have the worst luck possible in the playoffs? when you dominate play but the goalie stinks what can be done?

the caps completely outplayed and dictated the pace against the pens last year in the series, but their vezina goalie didn't show up so what should they do? trade a vezina winner? they benched him for the start of the playoffs, the new goalie sucked so they went back to him, it's a tough situation for them

i'm still wondering how ovechkin gets the blame when he always shows up in the playoffs, if anything it's backstrom that disappoints

what does that have to do with what i said?

i'm 100% better looking than you

You implied that Lemieux didn’t play defense like Ovechkin didn’t play defense. I shouldn’t have to connect the dots for you.

Anyone watching the other series??

Yes. It sucks that a lot of them were mismatches. However all that remain are going to be a lot of fun particularly Pens/Caps Predators/Jets. I’m surprised NJ didn’t put up a bigger fight against TB but experience means a whole lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT