ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: penguins

I don’t like the Hagelin trade one bit but I don’t think it will be the difference in the Caps eliminating the Pens or not. Without looking it up I don’t think there aren’t too many guys that have played more playoff hockey than him over the last five seasons.

No trolls hating on DeSmith ? probably cause there is no one to defend him .

Murray is twice the goalie as DeSmith .

Kessel is an idiot, goes in the zone with no one behind him and gives up a breakaway shortie.
Trolls would have blamed Murray for not stopping the breakaway.
Kessel and a few others need to start playing smarter real quick.

Kessel is absolutely garbage. I’m thinking he’s thinking he’s got his cups so he’s going to do whatever he wants. Sullivan should scratch him and jack up his streak. That’s about what he deserves right now.

Reactions: PittCity
Kessel is an idiot, goes in the zone with no one behind him and gives up a breakaway shortie.
Trolls would have blamed Murray for not stopping the breakaway.
Kessel and a few others need to start playing smarter real quick.

This is a bad looking team right now. Ruwedel, Letang, Crosby and very few others are the only ones showing up.

I think you are right about benching Kessel for a game.
Gotta motivate these guys somehow, but in todays whacked out world the player would probably pout and demand a trade.

Who knows? Monday is a long way away. Maybe that’s what JR is thinking. They need some kind of shakeup.

whatever souf. It obvious you hate Murray . He won two cups.
Fleury is never coming back . Its OVER. get over your Fleury love.

You obviously know crap. You just admitted you are NOT watching and only looks at STATS.
I am done responding to you about hockey.

Instead of insulting him, why not use facts to prove him wrong. Show him how much better Murray has been then DeSmith since cup #2.

Instead of insulting him, why not use facts to prove him wrong. Show him how much better Murray has been then DeSmith since cup #2.

Let’s just completely disregard the first two cups though. They aren’t that important.

Let’s just completely disregard the first two cups though. They aren’t that important.

Not when you trend down and down hard in a short amount of time. How many years of bad play do 2 cups buy you?

Where did souf say trade him?
He's saying his poor play is a major factor in Pens struggling.

Reactions: galladt
Not when you trend down and down hard in a short amount of time. How many years of bad play do 2 cups buy you?

It should be more than two years. Especially one in which like you said the team in front of you is not too interested.

It should be more than two years. Especially one in which like you said the team in front of you is not too interested.

Did Souf say trade him, or did he just point out that his poor play is a major factor in the team's dissapointing season.

Trade is dumb, calling his play out is fair.

Did Souf say trade him, or did he just point out that his poor play is a major factor in the team's dissapointing season.

Trade is dumb, calling his play out is fair.

I’m not defending him but you two seem to think he’s on par with DeSmith. DeSmith never won B2B Cups. In fact, Murray right now is more successful than any other goaltender in franchise history other than MAF and Tom Barasso. In fact, when the team played like this in years past MAF took them on his back and Murray has yet to prove he can do that. However, to say Murray and DeSmith are about the same is ludicrous. Murray has been subpar no doubt but tonight’s game is Exhibit A on why he’s not the main issue.

Reactions: PittCity
I’m not defending him but you two seem to think he’s on par with DeSmith. DeSmith never won B2B Cups. In fact, Murray right now is more successful than any other goaltender in franchise history other than MAF and Tom Barasso. In fact, when the team played like this in years past MAF took them on his back and Murray has yet to prove he can do that. However, to say Murray and DeSmith are about the same is ludicrous. Murray has been subpar no doubt but tonight’s game is Exhibit A on why he’s not the main issue.
Murray and desmith are equivalent this season - and frankly desmith was ahead of Murray last year. So was Jarry.

Sports isn’t a lifetime achievement.
Murray played brilliant for 1 season and 1 playoffs .
In hockey that happens and star fade quickly .
Guguire, Ward, the list goes on.

I have no issue with the pens banking on the young and cheaper guy .

The problem is he’s back to playing at a back up level, is constantly hurt - his save percentages are way down and his goals against are way up.

The franchise #1 goalie HAS TO STEAL GAMES for you.
That’s the job.

Reactions: jctrack

I immagine you have been watching sports for a long time. Players fall off of the cliff and never come back. When something happens in sports or their personal life, it can ruin their career. Murray has not been the same since his fathers illness and maybe might never get it back. For the 2018-19 season, Murray and DeSmith are virtually the same.

Murray and desmith are equivalent this season - and frankly desmith was ahead of Murray last year. So was Jarry.

Sports isn’t a lifetime achievement.
Murray played brilliant for 1 season and 1 playoffs .
In hockey that happens and star fade quickly .
Guguire, Ward, the list goes on.

I have no issue with the pens banking on the young and cheaper guy .

The problem is he’s back to playing at a back up level, is constantly hurt - his save percentages are way down and his goals against are way up.

The franchise #1 goalie HAS TO STEAL GAMES for you.
That’s the job.

You are correct, sports are not a lifetime achievement but you seem to apply that to Tomlin and the Steelers when it is convenient. Similarly, even after this year, Murray will have won cups and the end of half of the seasons he played.

To your point, I’m not arguing here. There was no way MAF was convincing Sullivan to keep him over Murray anyway. MAF absolutely stole game 7 against Washington in 2017 when in reality he could have demanded a trade much earlier.

Again, I agree with you and unfortunately for us he’s the best goalie on the roster right now. However, to diminish his previous achievements just because he regressed to the mean after the first two years is foolish and in your case hypocritical because of the way you celebrate the Steelers regular season success.

It's amazing to me that every Penguin fan forgot how terrible MAF played in the playoffs immediately after he won his 1 and only cup . Dude had to go see a sports shrink he was soo bad.

I immagine you have been watching sports for a long time. Players fall off of the cliff and never come back. When something happens in sports or their personal life, it can ruin their career. Murray has not been the same since his fathers illness and maybe might never get it back. For the 2018-19 season, Murray and DeSmith are virtually the same.

What am I not conveying here? Are you really going to write him off after less than two years? Do you really think it is at all probable for him to win the cup every year? He lost to the eventual SC champions last year. Hell, go back and follow this thread. People were writing this team off in November and they’re still not out of it. Murray has absolutely been disappointing since 2017 but guys like MAF don’t grow on trees. Ask the other teams in the metro besides Washington.

It's amazing to me that every Penguin fan forgot how terrible MAF played in the playoffs immediately after he won his 1 and only cup . Dude had to go see a sports shrink he was soo bad.

He definitely choked at inopportune times but a lot of that was on Bylsma’s run and gun style.

He definitely choked at inopportune times but a lot of that was on Bylsma’s run and gun style.
We are speaking old testament now.... not worth rehashing.
Just cant stand these kids talking crap against a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion like that is an easy feat .

You are correct, sports are not a lifetime achievement but you seem to apply that to Tomlin and the Steelers when it is convenient. Similarly, even after this year, Murray will have won cups and the end of half of the seasons he played.

To your point, I’m not arguing here. There was no way MAF was convincing Sullivan to keep him over Murray anyway. MAF absolutely stole game 7 against Washington in 2017 when in reality he could have demanded a trade much earlier.

Again, I agree with you and unfortunately for us he’s the best goalie on the roster right now. However, to diminish his previous achievements just because he regressed to the mean after the first two years is foolish and in your case hypocritical because of the way you celebrate the Steelers regular season success.

I don’t care If the Steelers fire tomlin tomorrow -
Like is don’t care one ioata that bell is gone and ab will be.

Tomlin is a capable coach , nothing more.

He gets more blame than he should and less credit than he should . Because the sports talk market wants turnover to give them content .
Which is my point .

A better analogy would be my concern over Dixon leaving Pitt. Because even if the performance was down- anyone with a working brain understood he’s a really good coach and the program wouldn’t replace him easily .

If the Stillers Fire tomlin and they stink- the nfl is structured to build them back up.

Back on topic.
Murray’s performance last season and this are well below average for his peers- #1 goalies.

What he did 2 years ago isn’t relevant to today and tomorrow.
Just like it’s not relevant for tomlin .

It’s almost like the team has trust in him and would take risks accordingly-
So when he faltered it led to bad performances, right?

Ahem
- see the parallel with Murray ?

Only distinction is maf is a likable locker room guy who players love.
And Murray - well -the rumors aren’t as flattering

I don’t care If the Steelers fire tomlin tomorrow -
Like is don’t care one ioata that bell is gone and ab will be.

Tomlin is a capable coach , nothing more.

He gets more blame than he should and less credit than he should . Because the sports talk market wants turnover to give them content .
Which is my point .

A better analogy would be my concern over Dixon leaving Pitt. Because even if the performance was down- anyone with a working brain understood he’s a really good coach and the program wouldn’t replace him easily .

If the Stillers Fire tomlin and they stink- the nfl is structured to build them back up.

Back on topic.
Murray’s performance last season and this are well below average for his peers- #1 goalies.

What he did 2 years ago isn’t relevant to today and tomorrow.
Just like it’s not relevant for tomlin .

It’s almost like the team has trust in him and would take risks accordingly-
So when he faltered it led to bad performances, right?

Ahem
- see the parallel with Murray ?

Only distinction is maf is a likable locker room guy who players love.
And Murray - well -the rumors aren’t as flattering

You lost me when you said what Murray did is irrelevant. I’m done discussing hockey with you. If nothing else it will certainly buy him more time.

You lost me when you said what Murray did is irrelevant. I’m done discussing hockey with you. If nothing else it will certainly buy him more time.
What he did was 2 seasons ago.

Nobody is saying cut or trade him.
But when the franchise goalie and the backup are splitting time and their performances are similar -
It’s reason for alarm .

And whistling past the graveyard that for the second season in a row Murray has been average at best -
Doesn’t change facts

It's all Murray's fault. Ask our resident expert. But don't criticize Jamie Dixon or he will cry, scream and throw a tantrum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT